“Good for business stay”

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #42 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Comfortable, good sized room setup for work. I like the coffee maker and starbucks coffee in room. I also liked being able to go downstairs to their bistro and pickup a couple of breakfast items quick and reasonably priced.
I will stay there again when in Seattle for business.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank larryf310

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed in the Courtyard Marriot on a weekend stay in Seattle. It was a cozy hotel with all amenities (including free Wi-Fi). The Hotel was conveniently located 1 block from the Light Rail so it was easy access from the ariport. It was also conveniently located next to Pioneer Square and not far from Park Place Market.

We had a view of the Bay on the 14 floor which was great and we were lucky to be in Seattle when it was sunny. The Bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay View on a Top Floor.
2  Thank Anika K
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I live in the Seattle area but stayed here as a staging point for a medical treatment the next day. Being a long time Marriott & Courtyard fan I found myself rather disappointed in this property. First I am always offended at having to pay a parking charge at a hotel, perhaps justifiable in some major cities but not $28 for Seattle. The heavy light blocking curtain, certainly needed, did jammed halfway across one of the windows and let in light all night. There was a strange annoying noise that repeated outside the window. No hotel or TV channel info was to be found. I normally would not eat dinner in a place like this but elected to for convenience. The "dining room" ambiance left a lot to be desired, food good, prices a bit steep considering the number of high quality eateries close by. On the plus side, great friendly service and they paid attention to my "special requests" which I always appreciate. The location is excellent if you are from out of town for a ballgame, concert or show in the SODO district as well as close to a host of great restaurants. You could walk back safely from many venues at night if you stick to the main roads to the hotel saving more parking fees. Overall I did not think this stood up to the Marriott standards and they have had a year to get it right. I might look at some of the other hotels in the area as well, unless you are a loyal brand customer in which case check out your room for quality before unpacking!

Room Tip: Ask about outside light conditions for your particular room
2  Thank ProMetalSales
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just stayed here this past weekend. The hotel staff were life savers, after I discovered I had a senior moment and didn't actually book the room for the night. Despite being fully booked, they got us in. Room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The bed comfortable with lots of pillows. Nice - the heat is easily adjusted in half degrees, so got it just right. The Pioneer Square light rail station is 1 block away, which can take you right out to SeaTac. The Amtrak station is about a short 3 or 4 block walk away, Pioneer Square is just a couple blocks away, and we even hoofed it up to Pike's Market a couple of times, which was a great, although fresh walk. So this hotel is very convenient. We didn't have a bay view, but our view wasn't bad. The hotel was full of sports fans, but we didn't hear anything from our room, all was quiet. Could hear sirens, but otherwise quiet. The shower was nice & easy to use. No fan in the bathroom, but it wasn't a biggie. In the lobby they have a few computers to use, plus free coffee. They also had a pool, fitness room, and guest laundry facilities, though we didn't use any on this trip. Our free breakfast was in the 'The Bistro', cafe for the hotel and it was modern & clean. Limited menu - we had toasted bagels, fresh fruit cup (filled up a bowl), and great vanilla yogurt parfait with tasty granola & fresh strawberries. What really makes this hotel shine is the people - all were just terrific.

Room Tip: I originally went online to book for $129, but somehow thought I booked it. When I went to confirm...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MapMinder
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed here multiple times when I go to the clubs near Pioneer Square. Walking distance to the Last Supper, Trinity, etc... The latest stay was St. Patrick's Day 2012.

The room I got are always spotless and clean. Beds, linen and blankets are always super comfy. After check in, we called down and asked for extra linens for the fold out sofa. Within 10 minutes, it was brought up. Any room services I ever use were fast and all the staffs were very friendly.

Also, I left my iPad2 at the hotel this last stay. I called after I was already 3 hours away from the hotel and the front desk told me that the housekeeper (whose name I later learn was Josephine) has just turned it in and it was locked away in one of their safety deposit boxes. I told them I couldn't come back to Seattle again until the following Friday, and they agreed to hold it for me until then. When I arrived to pick up my iPad, there was not a scratch on it. I can't even begin to express my appreciation for the integrity shown by the staff here!

Two small concerns: 1) valet usually takes a long time to retrieve the vehicle -- so call at least 15 minutes before departing your room. 2) location is perfect for the pioneer square. It is too far walk if your main interests are shopping, pike place market, or city center (space needle) -- unless you want to pay for taxi or take your car, I don't recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlyxisPaige
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We chose to stay here for the location. We were in between the Century Link and Pike's Place. Both were easy walking distance. Which is good as parking is always hard to find and isn't cheap.
The Courtyard parking isn't either as it's $28 and valet only but boy were we happy we had it. They took and parked our car even before check-in since we were early. So we could be on our way to the Taste Of Wa at the C-Link after that we walked back checked in and off to Pike's Place. On our way back we called the hotel and they brought our car to the front so we could get our luggage out and they took it back to garage. WHAT SERVICE!!!
As far as the hotel it was very nice, from the room to everyone we met that worked there. Yes it's in a old building but they have updated it quite nicely. I loved all the art and the rooms were very comfy. Will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a room that was looking at a old brick building, not pretty but quieter then being in the fro...
2  Thank martinigirl60
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This was my default hotel for business stays last year. It emerged from a recent renovation as a very clean, comfortable modern hotel. Numerous electrical outlets, fast free Internet access and a nicely appointed bar/grill.

The staff is excellent and the location is close to many after work diversions. The only reason I scored it a 3 for location is the proximity of the various shelters that results in a constant stream of junkies at night.

• Stayed: November 2011