“Decent value for your dollar”

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #42 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Great location; walkable to almost anywhere. Rooms are small. Hotel was quiet, we never heard our neighbours on the floor. Bistro is pricey for breakfast. Instead, walk across the street to the coffee shop (Seattle's Best). It was even open on Sundays. Staff were quite friendly and helpful. Valet parking was $28/day.

1  Thank smac87

Reviewed 21 April 2012

2nd time in Seattle and had a little time to walk around downtown Pioneer square area. The hotel is in a great locattion, and the front desk staff was very knowledgeable, about the area. The restaurant breakfast was GREAT, not just cold continental, but a full hot breakfast. Walkable to Amtrak Station, Pioneersquare, Klondike Museum, Stadium, Pike Place market. I hope this is helpful, I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: get a package that includes breakfats, street side rooms can be noisy
2  Thank Robert R
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Although the lobby has kept its beautiful older marble, the rooms are pure Marriott. The hotel is in a beautiful older part of the city close to Union Station, which is currently being restored. The views from the rooms overlook this historic city and is very close to the Link station which I took from the airport. I have to say that it is the staff that makes this hotel stand out. They were so welcoming and friendly to a very tired traveler who had obviously had a bad day.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GoGoGo82
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Comfortable, good sized room setup for work. I like the coffee maker and starbucks coffee in room. I also liked being able to go downstairs to their bistro and pickup a couple of breakfast items quick and reasonably priced.
I will stay there again when in Seattle for business.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank larryf310
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I stayed in the Courtyard Marriot on a weekend stay in Seattle. It was a cozy hotel with all amenities (including free Wi-Fi). The Hotel was conveniently located 1 block from the Light Rail so it was easy access from the ariport. It was also conveniently located next to Pioneer Square and not far from Park Place Market.

We had a view of the Bay on the 14 floor which was great and we were lucky to be in Seattle when it was sunny. The Bed was very comfortable and the room was clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a Bay View on a Top Floor.
2  Thank Anika K
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I live in the Seattle area but stayed here as a staging point for a medical treatment the next day. Being a long time Marriott & Courtyard fan I found myself rather disappointed in this property. First I am always offended at having to pay a parking charge at a hotel, perhaps justifiable in some major cities but not $28 for Seattle. The heavy light blocking curtain, certainly needed, did jammed halfway across one of the windows and let in light all night. There was a strange annoying noise that repeated outside the window. No hotel or TV channel info was to be found. I normally would not eat dinner in a place like this but elected to for convenience. The "dining room" ambiance left a lot to be desired, food good, prices a bit steep considering the number of high quality eateries close by. On the plus side, great friendly service and they paid attention to my "special requests" which I always appreciate. The location is excellent if you are from out of town for a ballgame, concert or show in the SODO district as well as close to a host of great restaurants. You could walk back safely from many venues at night if you stick to the main roads to the hotel saving more parking fees. Overall I did not think this stood up to the Marriott standards and they have had a year to get it right. I might look at some of the other hotels in the area as well, unless you are a loyal brand customer in which case check out your room for quality before unpacking!

Room Tip: Ask about outside light conditions for your particular room
2  Thank ProMetalSales
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We just stayed here this past weekend. The hotel staff were life savers, after I discovered I had a senior moment and didn't actually book the room for the night. Despite being fully booked, they got us in. Room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. The bed comfortable with lots of pillows. Nice - the heat is easily adjusted in half degrees, so got it just right. The Pioneer Square light rail station is 1 block away, which can take you right out to SeaTac. The Amtrak station is about a short 3 or 4 block walk away, Pioneer Square is just a couple blocks away, and we even hoofed it up to Pike's Market a couple of times, which was a great, although fresh walk. So this hotel is very convenient. We didn't have a bay view, but our view wasn't bad. The hotel was full of sports fans, but we didn't hear anything from our room, all was quiet. Could hear sirens, but otherwise quiet. The shower was nice & easy to use. No fan in the bathroom, but it wasn't a biggie. In the lobby they have a few computers to use, plus free coffee. They also had a pool, fitness room, and guest laundry facilities, though we didn't use any on this trip. Our free breakfast was in the 'The Bistro', cafe for the hotel and it was modern & clean. Limited menu - we had toasted bagels, fresh fruit cup (filled up a bowl), and great vanilla yogurt parfait with tasty granola & fresh strawberries. What really makes this hotel shine is the people - all were just terrific.

Room Tip: I originally went online to book for $129, but somehow thought I booked it. When I went to confirm...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple