“Home away from home!”

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #41 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I came to Seattle from Portland for a little vacation. I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Only blocks from public transportation, Pike Market, shopping, and pretty much anything you would want or need.

At check-in I was greeted by Brittany and Isabell. My request for a high floor corner room was available which made me very happy. They were fast, efficient, and courteous. Brittany also arranged a late check out for me per my request since my travel arrangements were later the next evening. All services offered and given were delivered with professionalism and friendliness.

The lobby was clean and inviting. There are couches, chairs, and tables. Folks on business could have a little meeting in the lobby alcove by the business center or friends and family could hang out over a cup of coffee that is available 24-7. They have a market right by the front desk. There is a business center with three computers. Nice clean modern design. There is also a restaurant but I didn't go.

My room was clean and comfortable. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I felt refreshed and rested the next morning. I was very pleased that this property had a microwave and fridge in the room without having to request one. Also there is an ipod dock/clock radio on the night stand. A for sure plus! The AC/Heater worked magic. The weather was a little chilly at night.

Brittany, Isabell, Teresa, and Jennifer (FD Mgr) were more than happy to do anything. They made my stay very pleasant. When I come back to visit Seattle and the friends I made I will be staying HERE!!

Thanks guys!!

Room Tip: My room was a corner with 2 queens. Lot's of light. Rooms 2-10 on 10th floor and up face the w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jjwgsr
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thanks for writing such a nice review for our hotel. I will share your feedback with all of the staff members that you mentioned. I'm glad to hear that you liked and enjoyed all the amenities in our hotel. The lobby area, the business center, complimentary coffee, our Bistro Restaurant and comfortable beds are all a part of our refreshing business concept. We have all the comforts of home in our guest rooms. Our friendly and professional staff is one of our strongest assets.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here for four nights recently while sightseeing Seattle. The hotel is a converted office building in the middle of Seattle. I think they did a superb job - the rooms are decent size and comfortable with modern amenities. The real draw for me was the location. Travel from the Sea-Tac airport could not have been easier. The Light Rail station is literally a half a block from the hotel. For sightseeing, you are only a 10 minute walk to the ferry dock to Bremerton/Bainbridge Island. There is a free bus just a half a block from the hotel that runs on a loop to and from the tourist areas which is very convenient since some of the walks can be steep going up hill.
Restaurants galore in the surrounding area. The hotel has a bistro which I tried a couple of times for breakfast. It was good and convenient.
Staff is superb. Couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful staff.
Great place. I hope to stay here again when I travel to Seattle.

Room Tip: Higher floor gets you away from the street noise.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank 48traveler
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay. The Seattle Light Rail is great option for our travelers who don't require a car during their visit. We are also fortunate to be centrally located to many of the attractions which make Seattle such a great destination! Your compliments of our staff are very welcome and will be passed on to our team.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

Coming in from the east coast to run the RnR marathon, we were able to save on rental car by taking the light rail from the airport which took us to just half a block from the hotel. Good thing too because parking is valet only and costs 28 dollars a day. Getting around was easy as we could either walk or take public transportation which was either free or very inexpensive. We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed the resturaunt which served up some delicious meals, the pool which was very relaxing after the marathon, and the comfortable plush king size bed. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We were given specific directions that even I could follow on how to get to our destinations. When we asked for a good breakfast place, of course we were told about their in house resturaunt but in addition, we were also given a few other staff favorite options in the area. (The Fire House Grill serves up some tasty french toast.) I like the fact that they made us marathoners feel welcomed by posting information on how to get to the expo, start line and how to get back as well as offering up a carb-load dinner. Many hotels I've stayed at for other marathoners have made us feel like intruders. So thanks Marriott for a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor to avoid traffic noise.
1  Thank o311mom
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about our hotel. We are one of the host hotels that support the Rock "n" Roll Marathon in Seattle. It's been our 3rd year of being a host hotel.I'm glad to hear that our staff was friendly and that we welcomed the marathon runners with open arms.We are a great location with easy access to most of downtown Seattle. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed our pool and your guest room.It's great that we were able to recommend a local breakfast option. Hope to see you back next year.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Good news: Walking distance to airport tram as well as Amtrak and the market. As a Marriott member, booked a room with a queen bed and a pullout couch for three adults as well as requesting an early arrival. Bad news: The room was for three adults but meeting us for the afternoon was an individual with a small baby so we thought the couch could give us some comfortable seating to visit for a couple of hours. Upon arrival no room was available but they said they had a similar room with a kitchen available with only about a 20 minute wait. Little did I know that the room was miniscule with no couch and they brought a roll away bed for the third adult. The rollaway had to be butted up to the kitchenette leaving very little room for any of us to get by to reach the bathroom.
Luckily the three of us were only in this hotel for one night. Left early for a few blocks walk to the Amtrak Station.

3  Thank P A
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

I'm glad to hear that you liked our location. Please accept my apologies for us not having the room type your reserved upon your arrival.We normally are able to fulfill our guest requests more efficiently. I hope you will give us another opportunity.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed June 8-10th. Great location to attend Ballgame, see the market etc. Friendly staff. Nice and clean.

1  Thank farmdawg88
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thanks for your feedback. We are very close to Safeco Field and Century Link Field.I'm glad our staff was friendly and that you thought our guest rooms were clean.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We chose this hotel because it was within walking distance of many of the things that we wanted to see and weren't disappointed. We arrived a little early, but our room was ready. The staff here is the best, very friendly and helpful. They gave us information on many things as well as directions on how to get there. Parking is valet only but is quick and efficient. My only complaint was the parking charge of $34.00 a day with tax included. Seems ridiculously high, but there really was nowhere else to park that was better.

The room was nice with very comfortable beds. Down comforters are a nice touch. No safe in the room which would be a plus. Key card must be used to access the elevator and provides some level of safety, but I would still like the safe to be there. Coffee pot and coffee in the room as well as free wifi.

There is a Bistro downstairs that serves meals if you want to eat in. For a very quick breakfast, go across the street to Seattle's Best for a toasted bagel and coffee. Lobby also has free coffee and snacks for purchase as well as complimentary computer use.

The location of this hotel makes it the perfect home base for sightseeing. We could walk to the waterfront and all of the restaurants there, Pikes Place market, light rail, bus system (free all day), the ferries, and then take the monorail out to the Space Needle. We rarely used our car in the 4 days we were here. Located just on the edge of Pioneer Square, we did see a lot of homeless people when we went into the square. The majority of the time, we went in the other direction, and it was not a problem.

Very happy with this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank igolfCA
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us some excellent feedback about our hotel.I'm happy to hear that you liked our location. I appreciate the positive comments about our staff. I apologize that we have valet parking only. We don't have any parking stalls at our hotel and have to purchase stalls across the street to park our guests cars.It seems like you were happy with the rooms amenities, our Bistro and the complimentary services we provide.We are an excellent location to almost all of the Seattle attractions. We would very much love to see you back with us.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We arrived early and accepted that we couldn't check in just then. Our luggage was tagged and taken along with our phone number so that we could be called once our rooms were ready. We had reserved a room with two beds and a room with a king size bed. We are Marriott Silver members and used points for two nights and two rooms at this hotel. When checking in, I asked for the highest room if possible with bay view. We had an easy walk to Pike's Public Market, ate lunch, walked the shops and the park and then headed back to the hotel. It was 2:30 (check in is 3:00) and we still couldn't check in so we had coffee across the street (at Seattle's Best Coffee--didn't think to just go into The Bistro that is onsite). After three pm we headed back across the street to check in and the rooms still weren't ready. They called upstairs and were told about fifteen minutes. We took seats in the lounge. Fifteen mins later we were called up to check in, they brought two out of eight pieces of luggage out of the back room (minor snafu--sent them back to search for the rest!) and sent us up to our rooms. Both rooms had king size beds. Wrong. They then put us in the right rooms (one was handicap) but on the tenth floor. One room had many windows (three), so well lit. My room had a kitchenette. Not needed, but by then we just decided to take what we were given. Not a great view and not high enough up.
But the rooms were very clean, and the staff was very friendly. Computer access and free coffee/tea in the lobby. I would recommend that a mirror be added to the wall when coming out of the bathroom so that the person out of the bathroom has another mirror to look into when getting ready and perhaps maybe use this mirror to dry hair, etc. Other than this, the room was sufficient. The hotel was within walking distance of Pioneer Square (do the Underground Tour!), and the Public Market. To avoid a steep hill when taking the free bus, turn left out of the hotel and walk up Yesler Way (second left) to the underground bus/link station. We took the bus to the link for the space needle (but you can also walk to the link about ten mins away). Free for the bus and $2.75 for the link. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and didn't feel like the location was in a "shady" area. (It is close to the shadier parts of Pioneer Square but we walked Pioneer Square during the day and headed in the other directions at night). And since we were headed to Terminal 91 for our cruise, we paid $15 for a shuttle to take us there with four others in the van. Very easy to reserve this the night before. We also enjoyed playing cards at the tables in the lounge and ate at the restaurant for breakfast. Quick and easy.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor so not looking at a building.
2  Thank AlliTC
Management response:Responded 22 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to give us a very detailed description of your recent stay with us. I apologize that you had to wait so long to get into your rooms.I'm glad to hear that your rooms were clean and that our staff was friendly.We will look into adding a mirror into our studio rooms.Our location is close to many of the Seattle attractions and there are great transportation options.I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our public space and Bistro.We hope to see you again in the future.