“Nicest Courtyard by Marriott - Great Location”

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #42 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
NY, NY
“Nicest Courtyard by Marriott - Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stay at a lot of Courtyard hotels - they usually have good locations at a pricepoint that makes sense for us and they deal well with kids. And I must say that this is the nicest one we've been to - a beautiful building in a great location with nice rooms. The beds/linens were particularly comfortable.

We were able to walk pretty much everywhere we wanted to go and took a very convenient (and free!) bus the two times we didn't feel like walking through the rain - (the hotel is in Seattle's downtown free ride area).

Our only disappointment was that the pool is very small and there is no hot spa.

2 Thank Leo M
, Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Thank you for your very flattering compliment on your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott in Seattle. …“the nicest one we’ve been to – a beautiful building in a great location with nice rooms.”… Your review of our facility, staff, luxury bedding, value for families as well as our central location are very much appreciated and will be shared with our team. On the pool front, I share your view that “the bigger the better”, especially for kids yet this historic 1907 building had footing constraints during the renovation in 2010 which limited the pool size and did not allow for a spa. I apologize for this missed opportunity to have made your stay even more special and hope that we can be of service again when you return to Seattle.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Polish first
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

A lot of the other reviews give good details about the hotel. In general, it is a pretty basic room and typical Marriott cleanliness and decor. Like other downtown-type hotels, there aren't many amenities to the room, but you'll probably be spending most of your time out doing things. We stayed here for a "staycation" in July and had a great time. Everything we wanted to do was within walking distance (5-10 minutes). We attended a Mariners game, rode on the Seattle Great Wheel, shopped and ate at the waterfront and dined at The Metropolitan Grill. The Met is just up the street, all of the other things are also walking distance.

We asked for and received a room in an upper floor, so street noise wasn't much of an issue for us. We had a cocktail in the bar/restaurant downstairs and received excellent service and a nice drink. The desk staff were friendly and helpful on both days we interacted with them.

We didn't really use the pool or exercise facility, so I can't give a review on that. Overall, we enjoyed staying here and would do it again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TrptPlyr30
, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, 4 July 2012
I appreciate your positive coments about our bartender and front desk staff. We are an excellent location for many of the Seattle area attractions. I'm glad to hear that you went on the Seattle Great Wheel. The Wheel just opened and is going to be another fun tourist attraction for our guests.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I came to Seattle from Portland for a little vacation. I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. Only blocks from public transportation, Pike Market, shopping, and pretty much anything you would want or need.

At check-in I was greeted by Brittany and Isabell. My request for a high floor corner room was available which made me very happy. They were fast, efficient, and courteous. Brittany also arranged a late check out for me per my request since my travel arrangements were later the next evening. All services offered and given were delivered with professionalism and friendliness.

The lobby was clean and inviting. There are couches, chairs, and tables. Folks on business could have a little meeting in the lobby alcove by the business center or friends and family could hang out over a cup of coffee that is available 24-7. They have a market right by the front desk. There is a business center with three computers. Nice clean modern design. There is also a restaurant but I didn't go.

My room was clean and comfortable. The bed was like sleeping on a cloud. I felt refreshed and rested the next morning. I was very pleased that this property had a microwave and fridge in the room without having to request one. Also there is an ipod dock/clock radio on the night stand. A for sure plus! The AC/Heater worked magic. The weather was a little chilly at night.

Brittany, Isabell, Teresa, and Jennifer (FD Mgr) were more than happy to do anything. They made my stay very pleasant. When I come back to visit Seattle and the friends I made I will be staying HERE!!

Thanks guys!!

Room Tip: My room was a corner with 2 queens. Lot's of light. Rooms 2-10 on 10th floor and up face the w...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank jjwgsr
Thanks for writing such a nice review for our hotel. I will share your feedback with all of the staff members that you mentioned. I'm glad to hear that you liked and enjoyed all the amenities in our hotel. The lobby area, the business center, complimentary coffee, our Bistro Restaurant and comfortable beds are all a part of our refreshing business concept. We have all the comforts of home in our guest rooms. Our friendly and professional staff is one of our strongest assets.
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2012

I stayed here for four nights recently while sightseeing Seattle. The hotel is a converted office building in the middle of Seattle. I think they did a superb job - the rooms are decent size and comfortable with modern amenities. The real draw for me was the location. Travel from the Sea-Tac airport could not have been easier. The Light Rail station is literally a half a block from the hotel. For sightseeing, you are only a 10 minute walk to the ferry dock to Bremerton/Bainbridge Island. There is a free bus just a half a block from the hotel that runs on a loop to and from the tourist areas which is very convenient since some of the walks can be steep going up hill.
Restaurants galore in the surrounding area. The hotel has a bistro which I tried a couple of times for breakfast. It was good and convenient.
Staff is superb. Couldn't ask for a more friendly and helpful staff.
Great place. I hope to stay here again when I travel to Seattle.

Room Tip: Higher floor gets you away from the street noise.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank 48traveler
Thank you for your positive comments on your recent stay. The Seattle Light Rail is great option for our travelers who don't require a car during their visit. We are also fortunate to be centrally located to many of the attractions which make Seattle such a great destination! Your compliments of our staff are very welcome and will be passed on to our team.
virginia beach,va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2012

Coming in from the east coast to run the RnR marathon, we were able to save on rental car by taking the light rail from the airport which took us to just half a block from the hotel. Good thing too because parking is valet only and costs 28 dollars a day. Getting around was easy as we could either walk or take public transportation which was either free or very inexpensive. We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed the resturaunt which served up some delicious meals, the pool which was very relaxing after the marathon, and the comfortable plush king size bed. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We were given specific directions that even I could follow on how to get to our destinations. When we asked for a good breakfast place, of course we were told about their in house resturaunt but in addition, we were also given a few other staff favorite options in the area. (The Fire House Grill serves up some tasty french toast.) I like the fact that they made us marathoners feel welcomed by posting information on how to get to the expo, start line and how to get back as well as offering up a carb-load dinner. Many hotels I've stayed at for other marathoners have made us feel like intruders. So thanks Marriott for a great experience.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor to avoid traffic noise.
1 Thank o311mom
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback about our hotel. We are one of the host hotels that support the Rock "n" Roll Marathon in Seattle. It's been our 3rd year of being a host hotel.I'm glad to hear that our staff was friendly and that we welcomed the marathon runners with open arms.We are a great location with easy access to most of downtown Seattle. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed our pool and your guest room.It's great that we were able to recommend a local breakfast option. Hope to see you back next year.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2012

Good news: Walking distance to airport tram as well as Amtrak and the market. As a Marriott member, booked a room with a queen bed and a pullout couch for three adults as well as requesting an early arrival. Bad news: The room was for three adults but meeting us for the afternoon was an individual with a small baby so we thought the couch could give us some comfortable seating to visit for a couple of hours. Upon arrival no room was available but they said they had a similar room with a kitchen available with only about a 20 minute wait. Little did I know that the room was miniscule with no couch and they brought a roll away bed for the third adult. The rollaway had to be butted up to the kitchenette leaving very little room for any of us to get by to reach the bathroom.
Luckily the three of us were only in this hotel for one night. Left early for a few blocks walk to the Amtrak Station.

3 Thank P A
, General Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
I'm glad to hear that you liked our location. Please accept my apologies for us not having the room type your reserved upon your arrival.We normally are able to fulfill our guest requests more efficiently. I hope you will give us another opportunity.
Missoula, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

We stayed June 8-10th. Great location to attend Ballgame, see the market etc. Friendly staff. Nice and clean.

1 Thank farmdawg88
Thanks for your feedback. We are very close to Safeco Field and Century Link Field.I'm glad our staff was friendly and that you thought our guest rooms were clean.