“Beyond expectations!”

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #40 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Beyond expectations!
This inner city "select-service" hotel provided me with full-service! * Exceptional valet parking service complete with readily-volunteered driving instructions around the complex one-way system; luggage service provided by front-desk staff; delightful, helpful check-in and check out. The lobby is not large, but there's comfortable spaces to wait for whatever causes you to wait …. It was unexpectedly excellent. There's a bar and restaurant which I didn't use.

Only small niggle is the US-compact size of the room, but if you're used to European hotels you'll think it's fine! The double-sash windows don't fit perfectly, and certainly some double-glazing would help; but traffic noise is lessened the higher the floor.

The hotel is located in an historic building a couple of blocks from Pioneer Square, half a dozen blocks from Pike Street Market. There's a number of interesting restaurants at Pioneer Square, and lots of day-time-only cafe's around the immediate vicinity.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for your positive review of our hotel! I will be passing on your great comments about the Valet and Front Desk staff to them. As you mentioned, we are located in the Alaskan Building, which was built in 1904. As well, we are very close to many of Seattle’s attractions. Your review is very appreciated and we hope to see you again!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square

Reviewed 26 October 2013

On the positive side: friendly staff, spacious and clean room, very convenient location.
On the negative noisy ventilation, doors not insulating so that I could hear my neighbours going in and out, very basic bistro, not open for lunch.
OK for a short stay, for a longer one not fully adequate.

Room Tip: Better to ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. I’m glad to hear that our staff was so friendly and that you enjoyed your room. I am sorry that you were not able to fully enjoy our Bistro. Although not open for Lunch, it is open every day for Breakfast, Happy Hour, and Dinner. We also have plenty of great restaurants in the area for Lunch that any staff member can recommend. We hope to see you again in your next Seattle visit.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I was only there one night, but I had a very pleasant stay. The staff was eager to please and very friendly. The facility had the current styling. The exercise facility was larger than expected as was the pool. Didn't eat in the bistro, but it also looked larger and nicer than normal. If you want a great deli sandwich, try Tat's just down the street.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again on your next Seattle visit!

Reviewed 18 October 2013

We stayed her for two nights. Check in went very smoothly, staff was very friendly and helpful. We stayed on the Bed and Breakfast package and the restaurant staff were excellent at accommodating our meal requests. Food was delicious! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The only complaint there was that the lights are on a main switch, we had to take the bulbs out over the desk because there was no way to shut them off when we put our little one to bed, without shutting off every light in the room. Minor, but a bit of a pain. We were heading to the Seahawks game and checking out on the same day and the staff was extremely accommodating in holding our vehicle and luggage until after the game. Customer service was excellent! They even provided excellent directions and instructions to the transit system. One thing to keep in mind though, is this is right downtown. I'm a light sleeper and the downtown noise and sirens drove me nuts and kept me awake. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jodi M

Thank you for your comments. I’m glad you were able to enjoy breakfast in our Bistro. I will pass on your compliments to the restaurant staff. I do apologize about your light situation in your room; it does sound like a hassle to go through. I will have our engineering team take a look, it could be something was wrong in in room that the light switch for the desk was not working properly. Otherwise, it sounds like you had a great time seeing the game and hope you return to stay with us again!

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I chose this Hotel because of its location and many positive comments thru this source! Be sure you check first what you get before you received your room key. This is our first trip in Seattle. Booked 3 nights stay in a king size bed with a sofa bed thru booking.com. Sounds like you are getting what you have booked for, right? Not really!! After a long day travelling to Seattle, checked in at the Hotel and gave us a key to our room with a king bed without a sofa bed but a regular chair. So I checked the printout confirmation from Booking.com to reconfirm if this is what I am getting for. True enough .. I was told by the front desk agent the room I was checked in actually not the room I have booked for after he asked to see the printout from Booking.com. I was unhappy to hear that and questioned why we were not assigned the room we have booked for in the first place. Interestingly I was told by him that "I should have informed front desk what I have booked"...C'mon really!! This is ridiculous. I have never experienced this in my life.

So we did move to the correct room type........ room is way alot better than the first one.....spacious! We have another issue with heat system in at least 2 other rooms. Anyway we have moved to this current one which is working perfectly. We were promised for a complimentary b/fast for 2 by the agent over the phone. Was told vouchers will be slipped under our door but was told by the engineering person who checked our heat system that we will need to stop at front desk for our vouchers the next morning. Anyway I dont really bother whether we are getting our free breakfast. All I know I am getting my room we have paid for and heat is working in our room. Second opinion about this hotel is for sure. Most importantly make sure you bring your printout and proof it upon check in. Good Luck people!

Room Tip: Do not leave behind your printout booking confirmation.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LindaOngEE

LindaOngEE, wow…your experience with our hotel was anything but what you expected and no excuse will do. Reservations through any source, including our partner with Booking.com should be honored without fail, nor is there a need for your “print out” at check in to get what you expected. I apologize for the run around you received and for the poor experience with our heating system which you encountered, once you were in the correct room. Wasting your time and creating a frustrating experience is not acceptable and if you would like to contact me to discuss your experience in more detail I would appreciate your time so we can ensure our procedures are in place to make sure this does not happen in the future.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We have stayed at Courtyard Marriot hotels with positive experiences and this another of the same. The room was surprisingly quiet given the busy neighbourhood and staff were friendly and attentive. We chose this location because we wanted to be close to Century Link Field which is a relaxed 15-minute walk away. We also found many unique, eclectic shops and eateries in the area and had no concerns walking around despite some cautioning us about some of the local residents (who might be homeless but we found to be friendly and of no concern). Parking is valet only but it is well worth it as you have in/out privileges and have no need to worry about your vehicle's security. Staff bring the car to the front quickly when you need it. Might cost a bit more but easier than finding local parking. My only criticism is the overly-attentive housekeeping staff who woke us at 8:00am wanting to clean the room...then did the same 30 minutes later. We advised the front desk who were sympathetic and apologetic. Our advice (not theirs)? Make sure you put a Do Not Disturb sign out if you plan to sleep in, just to be safe. We recommend this hotel if you are attending something at Century Link or Safeco, or even overnighting an Amtrak trip (the station is also in walking distance). If you plan to play tourist in the central downtown area or around the Space Needle, it might be too far south for easy access - unless you have good shoes and plan to do plenty of walking. This will be our hotel of choice now for future Whitecaps games in Seattle. A pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you plan to sleep late, place a Do Not Disturb sign on your door to avoid over-attentive housekee...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will definitely pass on your comments about our housekeepers, but as you mentioned, having our Do Not Disturb sign on the door will be the best way to not be disturbed in the mornings. Hope to see you again on your next Seattle visit!

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I've stayed at other Marriott Courtyard locations (Tukwila and Portland) and have been very pleased so it was a no brainer to book this one in Seattle for a night out with family and friends. We had a few hiccups in our stay that were resolved effective and efficiently by the GM. The hotel is in a great location, very clean and a great price. I will definitely stay again and recommend the other locations as well. Thanks Marriott for your excellent customer service.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments. I’m glad to hear that even with a “few hiccups” you were able to enjoy your stay. I will pass on your great comment about our GM to him as well! We all look forward to see you again soon!