“Very Nice Historic Hotel”

Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square
Ranked #40 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Very Nice Historic Hotel”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The outside of this hotel is undergoing restorations, but that didn't deter from the great service and comfortable stay. Room was lovely, staff was most hospitable, helpful & courteous, everyone always wearing a smile! Good location within walking distance of attractions, good restaurants & shopping. The only disappointment was at breakfast in the bistro; scrambled eggs were the liquid type , but when the server asked how was everything and my husband mentioned he didn't care for the eggs, she quickly offered to make him "real" eggs! He was then a happy camper! Would definitely stay at this hotel when in the area again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on our customer service and I am glad we were able to fully deliver! We will see you on your next visit to Seattle!
Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 April 2014

So this time I was on my own and not with the boys. They were training at the Starfire Complex in Tukwilia. This hotel was in the PERFECT location. Durning the day I was 8 blocks from Pike Place Market and most of downtown Seattle. At night I was able to take the bus (150 or 161) to the field for the games. The bus was across the street or 1/2 block away in the transit tunnel. I was also able to take the Light Rail train here from the airport - again only 1/2 block away. I decided to do transit in Seattle as parking is crazy expensive downtown! The staff was very friendly, pleasant and accommodating. They even loaned me a vase for some beautiful flowers I purchased at the market. Room was comfortable, but for light sleepers there is some white noise, as you are downtown. With all the walking I did, I slept like a log every night! They do have a restaurant here and a gym. If you are there to watch sports you can again train, bus, or walk to the Mariners, Seahawks, and Sounders. Overall Seattle was a great experience - see Jenn at the Convention Centre for all your info - and I would definitely stay at this Hotel again as the location was perfect for the trip.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for your comments on your stay at the Pioneer Square Courtyard! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and Seattle! It seems like you were able to get around easily with Seattle’s public transportation. We are within a block of the Link Light Rail station as well as multiple bus lines. We hope you stay with us on your next trip!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel during our seattle vacation. We were able to take the light rail from the airport right to pioneer square, and we never needed a car after that. We walked all over the city using the hotel as a base. We only had to call a cab when we went to see a show that was not in the downtown area. The staff was friendly and helpful. I won't comment on the value because we used points for the stay.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank LovingKeel
Thank you for your review of the Pioneer Square Courtyard! The Link Light Rail is a very convenient transportation option within Seattle. And the Pioneer Square stop being only one block away from the makes it the easiest way to come and go to the airport! We hope you stay with us again!
Plains, Montana
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I showed up after a plane delay and drove up and saw the outside under construction. I was disappointed at first, but it didn't take long for the friendly staff and wonderful inside to change my mind! You couldn't ask for a friendlier staff and such a nice room! It was a great room, it was laid out different than any hotel room I had been in, but it was a nice change of pace. The construction never bothered me and they kept it clean! Nice job, only drawback was the water pressure!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Sheila M
Thank you for positive comments on your stay with us. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay even with the scaffolding! We hope to see you again on your next visit to Seattle!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

It started nicely, warm welcome from valets. But that was it. 3 Front desk staffs were chatting and giggling. It wasn't busy at the lobby but didn't seem very professional. Check in and out process was quick but nothing more. Not even a simple chat. The room was alright. I honestly had hard time falling asleep because the bed felt shrunken down. I was literally regretting not choosing better hotels.. Bathtub was so low it wasn't suitable for warm relaxing bath after long day. It was disappointing

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mimi419
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Thank you for your review of the Pioneer Square Courtyard. I am very sorry for the experiences you had while staying at the hotel. The service you received from the Front Desk staff is not a common occurrence and I will use this as a teaching opportunity for them. I do hope you decide to give us another chance so we can provide you with a better stay. Please feel free to reach out to me at any time if you choose to stay with us again.
Huntersville, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here. The building is old and historic but e interior is new and refreshing. Nice rooms, nice hallways (a nice change of pace for a frequent traveller), and very helpful staff.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ctraveler04
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Thank you for your positive review of our hotel! I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Seattle!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We chose this hotel so that we could walk to what we had planned to visit while in Seattle. After a full day of walking, we returned to the hotel to recover and plan our dinner. All too tired, we decided to head down to get a bite to eat at the hotel restaurant. The elevators didn't work and we started to walk down the stairs. Once we reached the main floor, we realized a fire alarm had been set off (kids in the pool area) and the building was being evacuated. People were standing outside without jackets shaking in the cold. I immediately ran back upstairs and grabbed my purse and three jackets (not a very orderly evacuation). We did not want to be in the t-shirt group waiting for the completion of the building sweep by the firemen. Instead of room service or a bite at the not so great looking restaurant, we were left with no choice but to set off and find a restaurant in the area. The next day, on check out, we were offered no apology. I requested and received a receipt which simply showed no balance due. My credit card was subsequently charged $34 without my knowledge for parking that we were not advised was an additional fee. I have visited more than 50 countries and have never been charged without notice for parking. Even more irritating was the fact that it was "slipped in" after our departure. The whole experience shrieked of poor customer service. I am writing this review after spending 15 minutes of my time on a long distance call to determine what the credit card charge was actually for. Very disappointed…

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank C C
Laura S, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Seattle Downtown/Pioneer Square, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Reviewer,
I would like to apologize for your disappointing stay. We have not recently had a fire alarm go off at our hotel and wonder when you have stayed with us. If this was the hotel you stayed at, this is not the caliber of service we usually provide and I sincerely apologize for it. I would like you to reach out to me so I can learn more in detail of your experience so we can make sure this does not happen again. I hope you do stay with us on your next visit to Seattle so you can have the stay you deserve.