“Relaxing, fun and delicious!”
Review of Citizen Coffee

Citizen Coffee
Ranked #2 of 137 Coffee & Tea in Seattle
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Such a cute place! I love the fun ambiance-- music, staff and good food. I was traveling through Seattle on business and enjoyed my early breakfast in the cozy and pleasant room. I chose a savory crepe called "the citizen", though the breakfast tacos and cowboy casserole seemed tempting. The crepe hit my table in 5 min or less and was fantastic! Good coffee, too. I hope to stop in there again the next time I'm in town. Oh, and it's only a couple of blocks from the space needle!

There are newer reviews for Citizen Coffee

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were looking for a coffeehouse near our hotel which recommended Citizens Coffee. It's a small 2 story building which looks to be an old house. Most of the table seating was in the upstairs loft which is angled and allows just a few tables. The service was slow as it seems there was only 1 waitress working.

I ordered a basic coffee with a shot of Baileys which was nice for a rainy Seattle morning. By the time I received the large cup of coffee, it was barely room temperature. I mentioned this to the waitress who offered to warm it up by adding more coffee but did not offer a new freshly brewed cup which would have been hot.

The food was sublime. The crepe was huge and the rosemary infused oil red potatoes with asiago cheese was to die for. I would definitely return but would make sure I got a steaming hot cup of coffee before sitting down to enjoy the food and atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

Had a quick breakfast at this small cafe located conveniently close to our hotel. Food was pre made but okay. Service and atmosphere were good. Appeared well run.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I had visited Citizen Coffee several years ago. I really enjoyed the coffee, atmosphere and community vibe. My most recent visit made me realize that this place must be under new ownership. The manager was rude, and she created one of the worst dining experiences of my life. I will never go back.

1  Thank PtownShawn
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Had a small dinner here and really enjoyed it! Would definitely go ahead if my travels bring me back to Seattle.