“Great tour & excellent beer!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Great Pacific Northwest Brewery Tour Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Here in Seattle, we have some of the greatest breweries and brew pubs in the world. In the metropolitan area alone, there are dozens of craft brewers, who are creating new and exciting beers on a daily basis. We offer 2 1/2 hour tours of 3 local Seattle breweries. Tours include beer tasting, a score card to keep track of your favorite beers and a souvenir taster glass.
Duluth, Minnesota
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great tour & excellent beer!”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

As a casual beer drinker I found this 3 hour tour a truly enjoyable experience. I was impressed with the variety of breweries that we toured and the options of beer at each location. The serving size at each location was generous and the staff at each location were very friendly. The owners a husband and wife team were very informative, knew their beer and gave great tours of the brewery equipment. I would highly recommend this tour, it is worth the cost!

Brussels, Belgium
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 75 helpful votes
“If you like to go on a beer tour with your mom”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

I liked the breweries we visited, but the tour guide/owner of the company really didn't bring much to the table. She wasn't very social and basically just rode shot gun for the driver while we went from brewery to brewery. It was more like having transportation to and from three different breweries, which was nice. We liked all of the breweries and the brew masters at each one were friendly and provided lots of useful information. They were definitely the highlight (besides the great tasting beverages) of the tour. Unfortunately, once you heard one description on the art of brewing beer, you really didn't need to hear it two more times. The price for a couple to go, $120, is a little steep for what you are getting. In retrospect, we should have just taken a beer tour at one of the many breweries or tap-houses on our own. We ended up visiting two other breweries while in downtown Seattle (Pyramid and Pike). Both places had a sampler for about $8.00.

2 Thank fsujenn
BrewTour, Owner at The Great Pacific Northwest Brewery Tour Company, responded to this review, 14 September 2010
Hello,
I am the owner of the Great Pacific Northwest Brewery Tour Company. We are sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your tour with us in August. But in all fairness I should correct some inaccuracies in your review. The woman who you refer to as the guide/owner was neither. She is the wife of the gentleman who drove the tour for us that day as my wife and I had other obligations and we were unable to. She was not there to “bring much to the table” as you say in your review. She was there only to be with her husband, drink some beer and offer moral support.

I’m glad you enjoyed all the beer, breweries and brew-masters you visited, because that is our goal, to showcase all the great beer Seattle has to offer. But I do understand that it can get a little boring if you hear the brewing process over and over again. That is why we usually have a full description of the brewing process at the first brewery we visit and then when we visit the other two, the brew-master’s talk more about their brewery’s history, their inspirations and recipe’s for their different types of beer and plans for the future. We’re sorry if that didn’t happen. Usually our guests are very open and inquisitive, and we have to pull them away so we can sample some beer.

I’m kind of surprised you thought our prices are a little steep. If you check the prices of other beer and wine tours I think you’ll find that we are the cheapest in town. Plus you get a souvenir taster glass! And finally, the last time I checked, Pyramid has not brewed at that location for quite some time.

We thank our guests for their honest opinions and reviews and hope they continue to do so as we are a young company and value any constructive critiques that we can apply to make our tours better.
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“If you love beer this tour is a must”
Reviewed 23 June 2010

I never knew there was so many breweries in Seattle. We had a great time on this tour, met a head brew-master, drank some beer and learned all about the beer making process. Well worth it.