“Absolutely amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 29 Seattle B&B and Inns
Phoenix, Arizona
“Absolutely amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was our first experience with a B&B and we could not be happier! Korby, Randal, and everyone were top notch. The small details really set this Inn apart. The presentation of breakfast, detailed knowledge of the ways in and out of the area, spare change stacked instead of left loose during cleaning of the room, and fresh made snacks to hit the spot are just some of the things that could easily be overlooked, but are par for the course at the Sleeping Bulldog.

The New Orleans room offered a fantastic view of the downtown, both daytime and at night. The bed is extremely comfortable and falling asleep is no problem. The Inn is well kept and and was the high point of a surprise 20th Anniversary trip to Seattle. We are looking forward to our next trip back. Thanks again to Korby and Randal for the great experience!

Chet and Amy

Room Tip: We feel the New Orleans room is the best one to get due to size and view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chet_Anderson
Korby K, Owner at Sleeping Bulldog Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thanks for the terrific review, Chet and Amy! Randal and I are so glad you had such a wonderful time with us. I'm so happy we were able to make your 20th anniversary so special, and I'd be happy to welcome you both back any time you'd like! Again, we truly appreciate your kind words.

Korby K.-Owner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Sleeping Bulldog for 3 nights. Everything was fabulous. Kirby and Randall ( Mojo too) are very welcoming and friendly. They have done amazing work to the house and made it beautiful. They gave great information of taking the bus into the city which is just a short walk from the beef and breakfast. They are approximately a 10 min. ride from downtown.

We stayed in the Santa fe room. The sheets are amazing ( they have information on where to purchase them), everything is extremely clean, and the bathroom has a stand alone shower and jacuzzi tub. The room was very comfortable. We were welcomed by a delicious breakfast every morning. Each morning started with bread/coffee cake or muffin, then a fruit dish (yogurt parfait, cut up fruit with mint, fruit plate), finally the main dish which were all delicious (waffles and bacon with honey and raspberries, egg with sweet and regular potato, then a vegetarian dish to end or stay with broccoli, tofu, rice, and carrots- I believe)!!!!! We never felt like we were hungry leaving for the day. Upstairs by the rooms they have two mini fridges stocked with water and pop. They have snacks and a microwave for popcorn.

This is definitely a wonderful place to stay for the price. We can't wait to come back.

2 Thank Meghan P
I'm so pleased that you had such a fantastic time here, Meghan! I know Randal and Mojo feel the same way. I'm especially glad you enjoyed my cooking -- thanks so much!

We'd be more than glad to welcome you and your husband back any time. Hope it's soon!

Sitka, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

What a cosy haven hidden in the hills of Seattle! Our hosts were always so helpful with sightseeing advice and nothing was ever too much trouble. All the little extras provided ( popcorn, choc chip cookies and occasional visits from Mojo ) made us feel right at home from the moment we stepped in the front door. Korby and Randle have developed an amazing business with The Sleeping Bulldog - so glad we found it ! Very highly recommended .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bluewren54
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay so much! Randal and I always do our best to make our guests feel right at home, and I'm glad you felt that way. We hope you'll come stay with us again -- we're all looking forward to it, even Mojo!

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

From the moment Greg and I were greeted by our host until the time of our departure, we were treated like family. It was a very pleasant experience. Korby made it his priority to ensure that we were completely comfortable, happy and satisfied. Although we missed breakfast on the morning of our departure, we were lucky enough to taste his homemade peach ice cream the night before..... and we received some freshly homemade zucchini bread for the road trip home. If you are planning a trip to the Seattle area or just want to get away and relax, this is the spot!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grevonne
I'm glad that you and Greg felt right at home here -- that's what we aim for! I'm also glad you liked the ice cream and the zucchini bread -- they're some of my favorites too. Next time you're in Seattle, we hope you'll stay with us again!

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

First of all, this is a terribly belated review. I apologize, Korby!

This is what you need to know: The Inn is excellent, the rooms are excellent, Korby is excellent, the breakfasts are excellent, and the location is excellent. I really can't heap enough praise on to this Inn. Even now, months later, I think about how much I enjoyed my stay there and how I would like to go back. Korby is so kind and helpful, and since he used to work for transportation in the Seattle he is able to give the best travel tips of anyone we met there. It's so evident that he loves what he does and he loves where he is, and his willingness to share that enjoyment with others is inspiring!

Each room has a set theme and is decorated in a modern, stylish way, with plenty of space to move around and beds that are extremely comfortable. Our bathroom featured a heated floor, which really came in handy with the chilly weather when we visited. We also had a Keurig at our disposal, which was a great perk!

Korby's breakfasts are special because of the ingredients he uses to create them. He uses eggs from his own chickens and really takes care to create breakfasts that are filling and delicious. My favorite dish was the scrambled eggs with fresh salmon, dill, and cream cheese. I've tried to re-create it, but it's not as good!

I definitely recommend this B&B. You won't be disappointed! If my husband and I stay in Seattle again, we'll definitely return here!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GennaDac
No worries on the belated review -- our reply is just as belated! Sorry about that. We just wanted to say thank you for this wonderful and detailed review. Randal and I are so happy you enjoyed your stay this much! You're right -- I do love what I do, and I especially love it when I get to make other people happy, whether with a good breakfast or just some travel advice.

I really hope we see you and your husband again -- we'd be more than happy to see you!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

What a great place! Our hosts were great and helpful during our stay. Their home was so cozy, and the housekeeping is impeccable. We loved the healthy breakfasts in the morning; what great meals we had! I even asked for a recipe! I got a kick out of exploring the chicken coop. We highly recommend this place and would stay here again.

2 Thank Marie K
Thank you so much, Marie! We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and we'd be more than happy to welcome you back any time at all. I'm especially glad you enjoyed your breakfasts so much!

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is the best bed and breakfast that my husband and I have visited! We loved it! Breakfast could not have been better and the other refreshments were just what we needed. Our room was perfect and the bed was more comfortable than our one at home. We loved visiting with Mojo in the morning and he such a kind and sweet bulldog. Innkeepers were very friendly and had great recommendations and also helped us a lot with the bus system. Could not have been better! Thanks!

1 Thank Lauren M
Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Lauren! From the breakfast, to the rooms, to Mojo himself, Randal and I are glad you loved everything so much. We'd all be glad to be your hosts again any time at all. Thanks again!