“Great option in Seattle”

Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown
Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Brazil
“Great option in Seattle”
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I loved this hotel. It is new and well-located. I was in Seattle on business and the hotel was very close to my destination. The hotel is also walking distance to the Space Needle.

The room is spacious with modern tecnology. Parking was available and very accessible. Breakfast was good and well-supplied. The front desk has a booklet of several restaurants that deliver at the hotel.

I think that, with some much to see in Seattle, this hotel is perfect for its purpose. It has all the basic necessities, with a good price, good location and modern rooms.

I would definetely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Braziliantraveler7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bonney Lake, Washington
Reviewed 1 August 2011

I can't imagine getting a better value from a hotel just under the space needle. This hotel was classy, tasteful, clean, and in a great location. We've spent more money on hotels that are not as nice as this one is. They don't have a restaurant in the lobby, but they do have 24 hour food service with a good variety of foods. We stayed with our 7 and 2 year old boys and felt welcome, comfortable, and safe. Things I value as a parent staying here: there's a 'fridge in the room, the pool is no more than 4' deep, and there are several kid channels/kid shows on demand. We WILL be back! (Underground, site parking is an extra fee.)

Room Tip: Rooms facing 6th will have a view of a sunset behind The Needle.
1 Thank MsAngelaB
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 July 2011

Plusses: free shuttle anywhere within a mile; spacious room, free wireless internet, good "expanded continental" breakfast, excellent coffee, comfortable beds. Minuses: miniscule bathroom, iffy location (felt like an area in the midst of redevelopment/transition). Now to be fair: my grandson got the directions from Google maps and we ended up on 6th Ave. SOUTH. When we finally figured out where we needed to be, we were in the midst of abysmal Seattle traffic. I could hardly move when we got there.

Toronto
Reviewed 27 July 2011

We knew it was going to be a different experience when we pulled up to the curb by a building that looked like an apartment building. The hotel seems brand new with what I would describe as a stark modern and minimal interior. We were planning on parking on a nearby overnight lot for the weekend but changed our minds when we found out that underground parking with unlimited in and out priviledges is only $15/night.

The rooms are oddly numbered with evens on one side and odds on the other. Our room ending in --20 did not follow the posted signs and we found out by walking the entire floor. It was an end unit room, very spacious with two queen beds, corner sofa, sink area, and very small bathroom. The bathroom was so small that opening the door was impossible if you were standing in front of the toilet.

Everything was quite clean and it was a very pleasant stay.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Over the past four years I would have spent in excess of 400 nights staying in hotels for work and pleasure and I must say the Hyatt Place in Seattle was such a surprise and was the best I have ever stayed in. Congratulations!!!
The hotel is new, the rooms are spacious, clean, modern and the staff extremely friendly.
The hotel is close to the space needle and only a short walk or 2 minute ride on the monorail to downtown. The Wifi is fast and FREE... There is a Walgreen's opposite for all your necessities. You must use your room card after 10pm to access the hotel and must use it 24 hours a day to access the lifts to the rooms, this makes for a very safe environment.
A continental breakfast is included in the rate and is of good quality. You are able to purchase hot breakfasts at the self serve screen in the dinning room. Coffee is free and in the lobby and dinning room. One evening we ordered a meal from the self serve screen, no problems and I must say the food was tasty, hot and great value for money.
The only area of opportunity that was observed is that there is no compendiums in the room to advice you of what the hotel has to offer, I went down stays and was advised it's all on the TV. Maybe on check in they could advise this and advise about the breakfast times and Free 1 mile shuttle transport.
We used the free transport and it was no hassle.
There are no in room safes but you are able to leave important travel documents in the safe deposit boxes in the office.
I have never stayed in a Hyatt Place prior to this and after my experience here I will most defiantly be using them.
Congratulations to the Management and Staff on such a well run property. I will be back and will be recommending you to family, friends and business colleagues.
Thanks for making my time in Seattle a memorable experience.

Room Tip: Try for a room with the Space neddle view.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank David B
Avondale, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here during our few days in Seattle. The hotel is a great value considering the free continental breakfast, WiFi, and shuttle within the one mile area. The room was nice and modern, very clean and we especially liked the layout. It was nice not to have to sit on the bed to watch big TV all the time. From our 3rd Floor room, we had a view of the Space Needle on one side and the Walgreens across the street on the other :-) As others have stated, it is very close to the Space Needle and EMP, and only about a 10-15 minute walk to get to downtown or the market (even less if you take their shuttle). The staff was very courteous and helpful and they will let you store your bags in case you have a later flight out after checkout. My only gripe is that the hotel has no bar, which would have been nice since it is a little further from downtown. Overall we were completely satisfied and will return to stay here.

Room Tip: Join Hyatt Gold Passport Club.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed 6 July 2011

I decide to write about this hotel as its is a one year old hotel with the best values and location. We reserved 3 rooms on 4 th floor. The best room is the corner room.The room is big with either double QBD or single King bed. It has a living room with pulled out queen bed. The linen is crisp and wonderful. The decor is modern with 42 inch flat screen. It has free wifi and you can also use the free lobby computer so you can print out your boarding pass. THe staff is well trained and cordial. Breakfast is included with paid to order hot breakfast such as french toast, omelette, etc.. There are free shuttle service within 1 mile. From here, you can walk to the Needle, the Fish market and Nordstrom. The swimming pool and gym is 24hr ...

Room Tip: ask for the corner room