“Great stay for a girl's shopping/concert weekend.”

Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown
Ranked #35 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Stayed here for a girl's weekend of shopping and Carrie Underwood concert. The room was very clean. The Breakfast was a great, with a good options and good coffee. We really liked the shuttle. It would pick you up and drop you off within 1 mile from the hotel. This shuttle service really saved us on parking and driving arould in a town we don't really know. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank PokeSnaza

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I stayed 2 nights at this fabulous hotel and really enjoyed my time!
The stuff was really friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicous!
But the best part is definitly the free shuttle which brings you wherever you want within a mile!
A Tip:From SeaTac Airport take Light Rail to Stop "Westlake Station" and then call hotel for the shuttle to pick you up.So you do not have to make one step in the rain :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with view to the space needle
2  Thank taam11
Reviewed 28 October 2012

The staff were amazing! They were polite, very accommodating, and pleasant to work with. The bed was supurb in comfort and my room was very clean. The housekeeping staff always made extra effort to ensure that my room was as clean and stocked as it was when I first walked in. Loved the extra attention to detail that all the staff members provided. The shuttle was a much needed and enjoyed convenience and I never had to wait very long to jump on the shuttle at any given time of day or night! They were Johnny on the spot, always! I wil make it a point to always stay at the Hyatt Place whenever I'm in town whether for business or pleasure! Loved....loved....loved my stay! I've stayed at other hotels in the area as I travel there for work quite often and have never experienced the feeling that I mattered as much as I did during my stay at the Hyatt Place. The beds are amazing and in fact, I'm looking for a new mattress for my bed right now because I had the most restful sleep I've had in years! Thank you to the staff for making my stay the most enjoyable stay I've had thus far! Way to go Hyatt Place staff....you all are tops in my book! I look forward to my next visit!

Room Tip: I had a room at the very end of the hallway, away from the elevators, and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 October 2012

I booked the Hyatt Place on Hotwire and was really impressed by the comfortable, modern feel of the place.

They have electronic check in kiosks where you can check in and even choose a floor by just swiping your credit card and following the instructions.

The layout of the rooms is an amazingly great use of space, with a clever divider separating the bed from the living area.

They have a decent room service menu that includes Starbucks espresso drinks and is available around the clock. The lobby has a cool kitchen area where a microwave is available.

The fitness center is open 24 hours a day and features a small number of state of the art machines (2 ellipticals, two tread mills and one stationary bike) with personal TVs built into each unit as well as an array of weights. The machines also dock and charge ipods and iphones up to 4s. The TV in our room was huge and included a panel to hook all sorts of different devices u, something I had never previously encountered at a hotel.

All the employees I interacted with were pleasant, low key and helpful, particularly the night front desk guy Cameron.

Downsides? No hot tub (though there is a pool) and the area immediately Northeast of the hotel to the hotel is the sort of place pedestrians are considered suspicious after midnight.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends, they didn't even complain when I was two hours late checking out!

Room Tip: Use the check in terminal, it gives you options to choose your floor and upgrade your room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We loved our stay at the Hyatt Place downtown on 6th st.
We picked it based on other Tripadvisor reviews and they were spot on.
The complimentary shuttle within the downtown area was a fantastic bonus.
Our room was a corner room with a sitting area, desk and had a fridge and coffee maker.
Nice space and very clean. The location was great.
The front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful.
We asked for directions a few times and called in while out and about for assistance and they were never rushed and always eager to assist.
We will definitely stay here again !!

Reviewed 22 October 2012

A nice "new" type of hotel with spacious rooms, good service and high standards for cleanliness. The vibe is a bit sterile, but everything in this hotel seems to be well thought out from the front desk staffing, check in and lobby to the features of the room. Not a lot of charm - the hotel is a bit like a compact fluorescent bulb - you know it's practical and probably a good thing to have, but you might miss that warm glow from time to time. All this is to say that if you value charm in your accommodations, you might be disappointed, but if you are trying to get a good night's sleep in a comfortable bed with fundamentals done well, you will probably return to this hotel again and again. I know I will.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2012

It wasn't overly busy in the lobby from my view, but the lack of attention to cleanliness was suprising and disappointing.
This them continued through to the suite which was musty and the pillow cover was dusty.
We were just as happy with the staff as previously, courtious and helpful.
Hope the next visit will find you back in the form of our first trip there.
We racked it up to an off day for the staff :-)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple