“Awesome Hotel! Great Service!”

Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown
Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Awesome Hotel! Great Service!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I LOVE THIS HOTEL! This is my second time staying here and the service was fantastic.

I had a surprise birthday planned for my boyfriend in Seattle and Dan at the front desk was amazing helping us out and keeping everything a secret. He even gave us a complimentary bottle of chardonnay for my boyfriend's birthday! The whole time while I was waiting for our friends to show up he was helping me out and saying how awesome I was planning this trip for him.

Their room was huge and spacious except we had a little bit of an issue with the toilet which was taken care of right away.

They also offer a 24 hour shuttle which we didnt end up using and also free wifi.

The free breakfast is awesome. (except I missed it this time but I had it the first time I stay here)

I would love to stay here again when I go back to Seattle for a weekend trip!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 March 2013

They have a good location in walking distance to the Space Needle, Chihuilly Glass Museum, and Monorail and they have a free shuttle to take you other places you want to go. Front desk people were generally helpful and nice.

When we first arrived at the hotel, I thought I had made a mistake. It doesn't look like much from the outside. However, when we got into our room it was spacious and nice. It had a large seating area, small work desk, small fridge and counter space. Plus, the rooms looked pretty new and were clean. It is also right by Belltown area of Seattle that has good nightlife.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lewisdebi
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 15 March 2013

HUGE Fan! This will be my go-to hotel in Seattle and the one I will recommend to others. If/When I am back in Seattle, I WILL stay here.

I typically stay at hotels with valet, room service, etc... but why? I rarely use those services and this hotel was the PERFECT combination of location, price, services, and friendly staff.

Why did I love this hotel?

Location: A few blocks from Seattle Center, Space Needle, Pacific Science Center, Chihuly Glass exhibit, and EMP. Just a little farther away is the Olympic Sculpture Garden, Pike Place Market, Seattle Art Museum, and lots of restaurants. There is also a Walgreens directly across the street which is so convenient when you want something to drink or a snack.

Shuttle: The absolute BEST thing about this hotel is the 24/7 free shuttle to anywhere within a mile. That encompasses everything I mentioned in location and more. The shuttle will not only drop you off but will pick you up if you call. We never waited more than 10 minutes for the shuttle which was fantastic!

The hotel staff is friendly! The lobby is spacious and has lots of comfortable seating. The hotel charges $20/day for parking in a secured underground garage which was cheaper than anywhere else I checked into throughout central Seattle. The hotel gives you FREE (yes, free) WiFi upon check in. Free unlimited breakfast is offered daily with both cold and hot options.

The room was large (room 907) and had a king sized bed, large section couch, desk, chair, and 42 inch flat screen TV. The TV swiveled to face the couch or bed. We got free cable and were even able to catch The Walking Dead from our hotel. Bonus!

The only thing I would change is the street noise as it can be a bit noisy outside, especially when emergency vehicles go by. Even with the street noise, I would happily stay here again.

We paid $119 /night and prepaid to get that deal on their website. I thought it was an excellent price for everything we received. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor or on the quiet side, ask for a room facing the Space Needle
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattPlaceSEA, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Thank you very much for your review, we appreiciate you taking the time to post one. Glad to know you didn't miss an episode of the "Walking Dead"!
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt. We were in town for a 5K race that was starting and ending at Seattle Center, so decided to stay at the Hyatt. It was a great decision. The Hyatt's staff was fantastic and there is a shuttle that will take you to places in downtown Seattle. The rooms are really nice, large, with a separate living area. This is a nice place for base camp for a Seattle visit. It is within walking distance to Seattle Center and the South Lake Union neighborhood. You can also walk to Belltown or Downtown Seattle if you wanted to (and it isn't raining). Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Hervey Bay, Australia
Reviewed 7 March 2013

New hotel in Seattle.
Central location.
Very clean fresh rooms.
Great breakfast
Friendly staff
Only area of improvement would be lighting in the rooms are to bright.
Bedside lamps would improve the ambiance
Good shuttle service

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed here for a week when I was in Seattle for work, and am I glad I chose to stay here! My stay was excellent in every way. My room was on the 9th floor and was very spacious, roomy and well lit. The best thing was the view out my window - an unobstructed view of the space needle. How awesome is it to wake up to that view! The staff is extremely helpful and courteous and they made my stay very comfortable. The buffet breakfast is decent with quite a few options - breads & bagels, fruits, cereals, pancakes,etc. The hotel also provides a free shuttle service within the radius of a mile, which is super convenient. Special thanks to Scott for all the help, and Marina - a human map of Downtown Seattle, without her help I'd have been so lost. I'll definitely recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 25 February 2013

It was my first time to Seattle; after staying in another city hotel with a far worse experience the first part of the week for business (and view of a brick wall), I was offered an early check-in and upgraded to a king room with a view of the Space Needle on my arrival, which, despite the construction surrounding it, was still wonderful. Living/sleeping space was separated by a generous shelving unit with swiveling TV stand (which could be rotated to watch on the sofa or in bed, your choice). AV inputs are also available, if you wish to watch a movie from your laptop. Internet was average, but included in the price. Wireless and wired signals were about the same, with intermittent outages as more gusts logged on at night. Rooms were quiet, even facing the street, and ample storage space was available. Toiletries were good quality. A Walgreens within 100 years made for easy purchase of everyday items, including alcohol if desired. There are no vending machines--ice only, that I could see, so the Walgreens is definitely a help with that. Complimentary breakfast was more than adequate, although coffee can go quickly. Lobby and other hotel staff were more than pleasant; the shuttle driver was excellent (free travel within 1-1.5 miles of the hotel). Overall I would recommend this hotel 100% and plan to stay there on all future visits to Seattle.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to a room with a view of the Space Needle, if it's your first time seeing it...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple