“Excellent stay”

Ranked #32 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Iowa
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Excellent stay at the Hyatt Place. it is within easy walking distance of the Seattle Center and has a shuttle that will take you downtown to the PIke Market. We rode the Light Rail from the airport and were picked up at the end of the line at the Westlake Center by thieir shuttle. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The room we were in was very spacious and had plenty of room to spread out and relax. The rooms were very quiet. Couldn't even tell if we had neighbors or not since it was so quiet. Free breakfast and free wi-fi were included in the price. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CAR50

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel for a night. Everything was great; the room, location, and service. The staff were lovely and indeed helpful, I would like to mention Dan as he was beyond helpful and nice. The free shuttle definitely helped a lot as driving around in downtown is very hard and expensive. The hotel is located 5 mins walk from Space Needle. We stayed at a king room with a beautiful view. I will definitely choose this hotel for my next stay in Seattle

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
HyattPlaceSEA, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
We love to hear things like this! Thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Prairie Village, Kansas
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We were absolutely thrilled with our experience at the Hyatt Place in Downtown Seattle. We were there for a short time, but really enjoyed the super nice staff (Dan and Matt) at the front desk were so helpful. The shuttle van drivers were so nice as well. This is a great value because it has breakfast included (which we didn't even know about!), the shuttle takes you anywhere within a 1 mile radius of the hotel, and its in such a great location.
The rooms are roomy, beds are comfy and we really enjoyed our time there. Definitely suggest staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank tworubies
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

I was very pleased with my stay at the Hyatt Place Seattle. The location is great for tourist (like I was). The hotel is in walking distance of the Space Needle, EMP Museum and Chihuly. The hotel offers a free shuttle that will take you anywhere within 1 mile. Luckily most touristy things are located within one mile. We used the shuttle to get the Seattle Art Museum and Pike Place Market. The shuttle will also pick you up if you give them a call.

The complimentary breakfast here was surprisingly good. Everyday they had 2 coffee / tea set ups, water, milk, orange juice, and apple juice. They had standard breakfast items: English muffins, bagels, donuts, cereal, seasonal fruit, pastries, oatmeal, yogurt. The only item that changed on our 3 night stay was the skillet item, it would change but not drastically it was always egg on some type of bread.

The hotel was very clean and nice. The staff was very helpful. I would recommend this hotel in a heartbeat but use Priceline or another similar service to get a better price per night.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lewis G
Oregon
Reviewed 20 March 2013

Our party of 2 adults and 2 children stayed at the Hyatt Place, Seattle for one night. We had a room with 2 queen beds. One child slept on the pull out couch.

The beds were decent (with the expected sag of the pull out). The shower had a typical shower/tub with curtain - not the doors some have mentioned in previous posts.

The big TV was pretty good, with about half the channels in HD.

The room had a bizarre, skinny, useless closet.

There was no sink in the bar, just a counter above the fridge.

Parking was $15/night, and we were able to leave our car there pretty much as late as we wanted the day we checked out. (We checked out at 12:00pm, but hung out in the neighborhood until 5:00pm).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David_Oregon
Vancouver, BC Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed here for one Friday night at the beginning of March. Check in was quick, efficient and professional. My room was on the second floor facing the Space Needle. The elevators are secure as you have to use your room key to get to your floor. The rooms have the best layout of any hotel room I have been in. Living area with a corner couch, counter top for making drinks, and a desk and chair, are all perfectly placed. The bed was off to the side with a wall dividing it from the living area. The large flat screen TV can swivel to be watched from the bed or from the living area. The stand that holds the TV has all the necessary components exposed and labeled if you wish to plug in your lap top or any personal electronic device you want to watch through the TV. Easy to find and use with no hassle of trying to figure what goes where. Very clever concept.

The bed was very comfortable, I had a great sleep. If the price is right I will definitely stay here again. It is close enough to walk to downtown or Pike Place Market. Breakfast was good too, if not a little crowded with lots of families. As close as it comes to a premium hotel experience without the premium hotel price tag.

Room Tip: It is close to busy streets. Ask for the Space Needle side as it is the quieter side.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank KitsilanoGuy
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I LOVE THIS HOTEL! This is my second time staying here and the service was fantastic.

I had a surprise birthday planned for my boyfriend in Seattle and Dan at the front desk was amazing helping us out and keeping everything a secret. He even gave us a complimentary bottle of chardonnay for my boyfriend's birthday! The whole time while I was waiting for our friends to show up he was helping me out and saying how awesome I was planning this trip for him.

Their room was huge and spacious except we had a little bit of an issue with the toilet which was taken care of right away.

They also offer a 24 hour shuttle which we didnt end up using and also free wifi.

The free breakfast is awesome. (except I missed it this time but I had it the first time I stay here)

I would love to stay here again when I go back to Seattle for a weekend trip!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends