“Worth The Stay”

Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown
Ranked #35 of 103 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Parking in Seattle is a nightmare. It costs so much to park and explore the city. Lucky for us, Hyatt Place had a shuttle service to many hot spots nearby! Plus, their brunch is amazing and definitely worth waking up for. Our view was of the Space Needle :)

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Went to Seattle for a family wedding - my first time in Seattle. We stayed for 4 nights. I highly recommend this hotel. The hotel was clean, the staff was amazing and the breakfast was good. Very good location and the hotel has a free shuttle with a +/- 1 mile radius.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

As first time travelers to Seattle we had no idea where to stay. A friend recommended this place to us and we just booked it without looking anywhere else. We arrived close to midnight, Dan at the check in counter was efficient, helpful and friendly. He explained that there is a frwe shuttle to take us 24 hour a day to a 1 mile radius from the hotel, which is such a surprise! Breakfast is decent and enough choices to be happy with. The hotel is about 4 blocks from the Space Needle, Chihuly Garden & the EMP museum. From there you can take the monorail to the main shopping street and the Pike Place Market (my fav place in Seattle!). Then a call is all it takes for you to get the hotel to send a shuttle back to your hotel to rest and get ready for a dinnet and movie. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here for a week for work, and I honestly was blown away with the staff and the additional benefits. First off the hotel is very clean, and the continental breakfast is great, the warm vegetarian option changed each day, LOVED that. After eating a healthy breakfast I was driven by the free shuttle to the office as it drives within a mile's radius for no additional charge to either drop you off or you can call them and they'll pick you up. Then upon returning after the day is over the updated room made me feel like I was in a trendy boutique hotel. The location is great for professionalism and nightlife and the staff went over and above my expectations. I would recommend to both my friends and family, well done.

Room Tip: Road noise makes its way up into the rooms facing Denny Way in the evening.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I went to Seattle with three 11 year old girls mainly for a birthday visit to the American Girl (doll) shop in Lynnwood. My daughter is in a wheelchair so that brings its own various issues. The people who work at the Hyatt were amazing in every way, from the shuttle pick up to the late check out. Having the shuttle come get us was an amazing perk, as the wheelchair was definitely a work out at Pike's Market! We had a great view of the Space Needle as promised on the web site and a room with a King bed and pull out sofa. We had plenty of room. It's not a fancy hotel for those that are used to 5 star accommodations, but it was perfect for the 4 of us, and the friendly service of the shuttle drivers was 6 stars for sure! No complaints at all.

1  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The rooms a very large, clean, and well taken care of. The continental breakfast was quite good. I was please at the selection each day. The front desk staff seemed a little scattered. Not really sure what was going on or what they were doing. Their shuttle service was less than reliable, but I did not need it much during my stay. Overall, it was a good experience and it a pretty good location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank NomiaRiver
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed in the Hyatt Place for 2 nights over the weekend, in a king sized bed.

Comments:
- Reasonable room service meals. I think the hotel does not make the meals in house; the meals came in doggy paper bags, and had to be picked up from the lobby.
- Hyatt Place feels very much like a top hotel with all the non-essential components taken away e.g.. bell boy, concierge, waiters at their breakfast. Calling the receptionist from our hotel room often took 5-10 minutes of constant dialling to get through as it seems they only have limited phone lines and the calls kept getting directed to a message bank.

Positives:
Clean/large rooms
Efficient check in and check out
Free breakfast
Free shuttle bus within a mile
$20 parking per day
Free cribs

Negatives
Very noisy road traffic from the second floor hotel room

Overall
We would stay there again if a better rate could be obtained. We did not give it a five star rating as we expected a little bit more for a hotel charging $250/night.

Room Tip: Ask for the higher floors so hopefully the road traffic noise doesn't get through