“Bad luck with the shuttle” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown

Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown
Ranked #29 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Santa Barbara, California
“Bad luck with the shuttle”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights for an event at Seattle Center. Great location for walking to Seattle Center and close enough to Pike Place that it's a decent overall location. Check-in was great, the room was fine, shower was good, the free breakfast was decent. Only negative thing was the shuttle. My 6-year-old and I wanted to walk around Pike Place / Pine Street, etc... I asked at the front desk if the shuttle was available - figured we could get a ride down there and walk back. They radioed to the driver and said that she would be back in 7 minutes to get us. So we waited. 15 minutes later I saw the shuttle outside and went to talk to the driver. Nope, she had to go get other guests and would be back for us in 20-25 minutes. We had a limited amount of time in the city, so it really annoyed me to have wasted those 15 minutes waiting for her just because there was apparently no communication between the front desk and the driver. Not a huge deal, but really annoying at the time. I likely would stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
El Monte, California, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

Parking in Seattle is a nightmare. It costs so much to park and explore the city. Lucky for us, Hyatt Place had a shuttle service to many hot spots nearby! Plus, their brunch is amazing and definitely worth waking up for. Our view was of the Space Needle :)

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Went to Seattle for a family wedding - my first time in Seattle. We stayed for 4 nights. I highly recommend this hotel. The hotel was clean, the staff was amazing and the breakfast was good. Very good location and the hotel has a free shuttle with a +/- 1 mile radius.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Shah Alam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

As first time travelers to Seattle we had no idea where to stay. A friend recommended this place to us and we just booked it without looking anywhere else. We arrived close to midnight, Dan at the check in counter was efficient, helpful and friendly. He explained that there is a frwe shuttle to take us 24 hour a day to a 1 mile radius from the hotel, which is such a surprise! Breakfast is decent and enough choices to be happy with. The hotel is about 4 blocks from the Space Needle, Chihuly Garden & the EMP museum. From there you can take the monorail to the main shopping street and the Pike Place Market (my fav place in Seattle!). Then a call is all it takes for you to get the hotel to send a shuttle back to your hotel to rest and get ready for a dinnet and movie. Will definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed September 2013
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed here for a week for work, and I honestly was blown away with the staff and the additional benefits. First off the hotel is very clean, and the continental breakfast is great, the warm vegetarian option changed each day, LOVED that. After eating a healthy breakfast I was driven by the free shuttle to the office as it drives within a mile's radius for no additional charge to either drop you off or you can call them and they'll pick you up. Then upon returning after the day is over the updated room made me feel like I was in a trendy boutique hotel. The location is great for professionalism and nightlife and the staff went over and above my expectations. I would recommend to both my friends and family, well done.

Room Tip: Road noise makes its way up into the rooms facing Denny Way in the evening.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Nampa, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I went to Seattle with three 11 year old girls mainly for a birthday visit to the American Girl (doll) shop in Lynnwood. My daughter is in a wheelchair so that brings its own various issues. The people who work at the Hyatt were amazing in every way, from the shuttle pick up to the late check out. Having the shuttle come get us was an amazing perk, as the wheelchair was definitely a work out at Pike's Market! We had a great view of the Space Needle as promised on the web site and a room with a King bed and pull out sofa. We had plenty of room. It's not a fancy hotel for those that are used to 5 star accommodations, but it was perfect for the 4 of us, and the friendly service of the shuttle drivers was 6 stars for sure! No complaints at all.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kimberly B
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

The rooms a very large, clean, and well taken care of. The continental breakfast was quite good. I was please at the selection each day. The front desk staff seemed a little scattered. Not really sure what was going on or what they were doing. Their shuttle service was less than reliable, but I did not need it much during my stay. Overall, it was a good experience and it a pretty good location.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends