“Overall good experience”

Ranked #30 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
Kyoto, Japan
“Overall good experience”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This hotel is located a little out of downtown, about 10 min walk but very close to the space needle. The rooms were spacious and clean and the bed was really comfortable. A taxi from the airport takes about 30 min and costs around $40. The hotel also has a shuttle service to take you and pick you up from nearby locations. The breakfast had a good variety including some healthy options. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Yorkiee
HyattPlaceSEA, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Seattle/Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Yorkiee,

Thank you so much for your recent review of Hyatt Place Seattle on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let us know the next time you plan to come to Seattle as we would love to welcome you back!

Kelly Norwalk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York, NY
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

This was my first time visiting Seattle so I chose the Hyatt Place based on the great Trip Advisor reviews and the location combined with the pretty reasonable rate. Here is the rundown:
- I had a room with 2 queens. The room was spacious. Comfortable beds, great couch and sitting area. TV strategically placed so it can be viewed from either section of the room. Sinks and vanity area outside the bathroom, which is great when traveling with others ( in this case my dad!) Fridge/coffee maker in room, nice sized desk. Overall, great room.
- Every single person at the front desk was amazing. Friendly, helpful, just a truly great staff....down to the maintenance guy (my dad needed pliers...don't ask.)
- Great location. Awesome view of the needle right outside the hotel and from some rooms. 5 minute walk to the Seattle Center where you can check out the EMP museum, The Chihuly Gallery, the Space Needle, and the Pacific Science Center. You can also catch the tram there that takes you to the heart of downtown -- shopping, restaurants, etc.
- The free breakfast is great, and can save you $ and time. Hot breakfast sandwiches, waffles, pastries, fruit, yogurt, hot oatmeal, toast, bagels, muffins...you can definitely fill up and start your day right.
- Free shuttle to most attractions within a mile of the hotel. Just ask at the desk when you are ready! I took it to the waterfront/ Seattle Aquarium...it was great as there are some pretty challenging hills in the city...my 69 year old dad appreciated it the most. Ha!

Overall, I highly recommend the Hyatt Place Downtown. It's exactly what you need for a great trip to Seattle.

PS. If you are going to do touristy things -- get the City Pass! It's great!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Leesh77
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Checked into the Hyatt and stored our luggage until we could get into our room. Off we went to see the sites! When we got back and checked in, we were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room and the amenities........then we opened the curtains to see that we had an awesome view of the Space Needle! Great location, very good front desk people and a great breakfast selection!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fran W
Tokyo
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed here for business.
The room was very spacious and clean. The bed, sofa, and TV were all big. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Free business center, free wi-fi. Good location too.
Overall, it was a comfortable stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Hotel is very well located in downtown Seattle - it has a Walgreens crossing the street which is open until midnight. The room I was given was at the second floor and the gas station banner illuminated my room, as well as the noise of the trucks pumping gas all night. That is why they put the ear buds.

The smell of the room was so strong, it was like cheap cleaner liquid, but I arrived at 01h00 and I was too tired to ask for a change. The tortilla soup was lousy.

Breaksfast the next day was quite good and the kitchen idea is nice, so I have to give them a good score for that, and for the location. The second day the smell continued. Again too tired to ask for a change.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room, looking at Walgreens, not the gas station or the pink car wash sign
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Guz V
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We truely enjoyed our stay at Hyatt Place. Great location, just a short walk to Seattle Center. 24 hr shuttle service is very nice to have. We used it to go to Pike Place. So much better than driving yourself. Breakfast was nice and stuff were friendly. The room was comfortable and roomy. My husband, who normally complain about everything and cannot be happy about pretty much anything, actually liked it, and that says alot! I was so glad not to hear him complain.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank homeschoolmom27
Seattle
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've spent an extended weekend at this Seattle hotel on 2 occasions. I've also stayed at another all but identical property of the chain in Boise, ID. To summarize each experience, I'd say that I was completely satisfied if not quite a bit impressed. The impressed part comes from the very spacious suite like rooms where entertaining a small party of guests would be a very comfortable experience. To speak more specifically of the Seattle location, it is situated right on the edge of Belltown and basically within walking distance to most of the major attractions including The Seattle Center (Space Needle) and the Pike Place Market. The hotel does charge $20.00 a night for parking, but in lieu of that it offers a free shuttle service that covers about a 2 mile or so radius of the hotel location. The shuttle leaves the hotel on call regularly and will pick you up from your destination when you're ready to return to the hotel. On one occasion, we also were able to have them drive us from the hotel to a restaurant where we had brunch and then later we were picked up and driven over to the EMP Museum. Not a bad deal!

The rooms again are quite spacious as far as what one might expect for a Downtown Seattle hotel, especially for the price. Not bargain basement mind you, but very reasonable for what you get. The beds are very clean and comfortable. The hotel overall has a very modern feel. The staff are friendly and attentive. To this I say, what more could you ask for or expect for the price, especially if you stay there during the low season. I've stayed there twice now (three times if you count my stay at the Boise, Idaho location) and I would not even begin to hesitate staying there again. The rooms are great for a small party of friends as well as for a nice romantic getaway in the city.

Room Tip: Some rooms offer a view of the Space Needle.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple