“Very nice place to stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Talaris Conference Center
Ranked #9 of 29 Seattle B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Very nice place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

This hotel was very clean and well kept, the rooms were quiet. The Keurig in the rooms was a treat. The property is absolutely beautiful; we saw an eagle's nest while we walked the grounds. The view from the breakfast room is gorgeous and relaxing and the breakfast was delicious; a very wide spread for a Continental breakfast. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was very affordable for the area. Very close to Seattle Children's if you are wondering. I was very pleased with what I received for my $.

Room Tip: If you have trouble walking, be sure to let them know when you book a room; because some of the room...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TalarisCC, Manager at Talaris Conference Center, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
Dear guest-

Thank you very much for your kind review! I am so glad you got to enjoy our resident eagles while relaxing at breakfast on the waterfront!

Please come see us again.

Alan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Grandview, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

Needed a hotel to stay at for my son's upcoming surgery at Children's Hospital. This place was so utterly gross, we left after one night at went elsewhere. Huge spider on wall, gnats all over, the tiny room we were in only had 2 double beds, and there were 4 of us. Our bed was 3' from the door. The a/c was weak, buttons missing on the thermostat, the bathroom had bacteria growing in the grout, weird towel bar in an inconvenient spot in the shower, no microwave, only 1 K-cup of regular coffee (for 4 people?), no directional signage in parking lot to show where to park or check in, not enough electrical outlets to plug in phone chargers, bathroom door wouldn't even latch closed, cobwebs around door hinges, ripped carpet....should I go on? This place needed remodeling a long time ago. Never coming back. They required a 72 hour cancellation policy, and by the time we arrived it was too late for us...We travel quite a lot, and have stayed in many hotels....this was just creepy. Two of us got flea bites on our ankles within a few minutes of arriving in our room.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest-

I am very sorry to hear of your experience at Talaris. I apologize that your room was not up to our standard in terms of cleanliness and appearance.

Clearly we could have and should have done better. I would love to speak with you directly to attempt to resolve your concerns if possible-please see my contact information below.

Thank you for your feedback, it only helps us improve.

206-268-7000
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

In the midst of a hectic family event, we were able to retreat to our room in the midst of huge, old trees, vast expanses of lawn, ponds with fountains as if we were miles away from the traffic and noise of the city. The calm and serenity was so appreciated as well as the courtesy and genuine hospitality of the staff. Talaris has more the feel of a B&B than a conference center. Although if I were hosting a multi-day meeting, workshop etc, this would be "the Place"!

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
TalarisCC, Manager at Talaris Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Dear guest-

Thank you for your amazing review!

I'm sorry to hear about your hectic family event-but glad we could be part of the solution!

Come back anytime-for an event or just for some overnight relaxation. We hope to see you soon!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

As some other reviewers have already mentioned, I almost don't want to tell anyone about this place and instead keep it as my little secret. Upon arrival, we couldn't believe how gorgeous the property was - acres of greenery just a couple of minutes drive from downtown Seattle. Something like 31 units on 18 acres of land - with fountains and trees everywhere. They allow dogs (and only charge a flat fee instead of a nightly fee) which was great. The place was clean; staff were friendly; and surroundings were unmatched - and the price was very reasonable as well. Far cheaper than anywhere downtown where they'll also charge you at least 30 bucks a night to park your car (Talaris has free parking). Anyway, I can't say enough good things about this place - we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear guest-

Thank you so much for telling everyone about your secret!

Free parking, low-priced dog friendly, and free breakfast? That's us!

Thanks for your kind words-we can't wait to have you back.

western Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

This place was exceptional and a gem to find. I would stay again in a heartbeat. We went for a couples vacation but this is the perfent place for a conference, course and many people stay while they are having treatment at the university or childrens hospitals.
Breakfast was wonderful and the grounds are so peaceful. The staff is fab.

Room Tip: Check in advance as they do not have king rooms, only queens and two beds in the rooms. We booked wi...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TalarisCC, Manager at Talaris Conference Center, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Dear guest-

Thank you so much for your recent visit and review.

I am glad you were able to enjoy the serenity of the grounds and feel like you've escaped even though your right in town!

We look forward to having you back with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Talaris is a clean, well-equipped, very cost effective property on a beautiful 18-acre campus. This conference center hotel is perfect for a business traveler, unless you are a literal or figurative prince or princess.

I had business in West Seattle, where hotel space is extremely limited. An associate lives near Laurelhurst by the UW campus. I had no need to stay downtown, nor could I find anything that didn’t look immediately questionable for under $300 per night. Talaris had good reviews, and it was under $150 so I booked and decided to car pool with him across the city.

The staff was always very friendly. The room was slightly out of date, but VERY clean. I am picky about gross rooms, missed vacuum spots, questionable bedding, etc. Talaris had none of that. The continental breakfast was appropriate. Realistically, this is a very clean 2-star hotel. I gave them 5-stars because they did it right, all-around, and I intend to stay here next time I visit our office.

The campus reminds me of a high-end summer camp, kind of on a hill with a handful of numbered buildings, each with 6-8 rooms. I did not use the conference center rooms at all, but there does appear to be some large meeting spaces. The buildings surround a few ponds, there are giant trees on site, and a big grassy lawn. One morning I walked 5 minutes and cut through a nature trail to the UW campus, where the new track was open so I took a few laps. In the evening, I walked 20 yards just past the Talaris entrance to a string of restaurants and shops. Talaris negotiated day passes with a gym that is right next door as well. I did not have a car, and did not have any problems getting what I needed due to the location of nearby businesses.

My only hesitation with giving a five-star review is 100% selfish. I don’t want others to know the secret and bomb this place, because I’m coming back and I want to pay the same rates.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest-

Thank you so much for your over-the-top review of Talaris!

We love the "high end summer camp"--I think that's going to be our next Marketing strategy!

Thanks so much for being our guest and being so complimentary to the team here. It is very much appreciated!

Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

Both of my children graduated from UW, but I never knew this place existed!. It is a great alternative to the expense, parking challenges, and congestion of staying downtown. And you can be in the heart of south Lake Union in 10 minutes (traffic dependent, of course) via 45th St to Roosevelt Way to Eastlake Ave.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful. 10+ acres of typical northwest parklike surroundings with a beautiful lawn, huge mature trees, pond, fountain, and picnic tables. Checkin was a little difficult to find, but spotted it at the main conference building on the second drive-round. The concierge, Bob was very welcoming. My room was small but vaulted ceiling made it fee spacious. Nicely updated and decorated. No frills, yet very nice and comfortable. Spotlessly clean, comfy bed, nice linens, brand-new shower curtain, Keurig coffee maker. The rooms could use a little more light for those dreary northwest winter/spring days; maybe putting higher wattage florescent bulbs in the fixtures would help. The continental breakfast was basic, but had a good variety of selections. Served in the lovely dining room with large picture windows overlooking the pond and fountain.

The location is across the street from Children's Hospital and within walking distance of some nice restaurants. I will definately stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TalarisCC, Manager at Talaris Conference Center, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Guest-

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am glad you enjoyed the park-like setting, picnic tables, and relaxing by the ponds at breakfast.

Thank you for your feedback as well--we appreciate it as it only helps us improve.

Looking forward to your return.