“Not worth the price.”

Ranked #10 of 28 Seattle B&B and Inns
Missoula, Montana
“Not worth the price.”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

When we went to check in we were told our room wasn't ready and they'd call my cell in about 10 minutes. Thirty minutes later we went back to see if it was ready, they switched desk people and failed to call us. The room was not what we expected, especially since I thought I had upgraded the room. The "pillows" if you can call them that were thin and hard. The bathroom was really small and the room was in need of a makeover/remodel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Lake Country, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014

This is the 2nd time we stayed at this hotel. The first time was impressive with the location the price and the staff! However the upkeep of this location is really bad.-the suite we had had a very strong smell of mold ( Seattle is a very rainy city but my house does not smell like mold...) The suites had poor housekeeping. The couch that turned to an additional bed had pee on the comforter( the staff quickly righted that!- as I said the staff is amazing! The kitchen and the washer and dryer had no soap -either for clothes washing or for dishwashing or the dishwasher. - not even a small sample(which is normally provided free of charge in other hotels). The place is very dated and I would say to the point of not worthy of the price ( we paid $1400.00 for 3 nights) . The outside has planter boxes that have fallen apart and moss all over the concrete( a safety hazard) .
There is no gym, or pool at this location.
We will not be staying here again unless the price comes down CONSIDERABLY, or updates finally happen. The staff are friendly,accomodating and parking is free( however be careful where you park as the large trees have not been manicured in many years and branches will fall down on your car( happened both this visit and last visit- not to our car!).

Room Tip: find a different hotel till updates and/or price comes down. Beautiful location , great staff, OLD a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Barbara R, General Manager at Talaris Conference Center, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Tinkerthebell,

Welcome back!

We value your input and appreciate that you took the time to review our property.

I’m so glad you enjoyed your first visit and you’ve seen how great our property can be.

I apologize that your suite was not appointed in our standard manner, and that it looks like we neglected to point out Seattle Gym on the edge of our property available to all our guests for a nominal fee.

Seattle is known for its rain but never an excuse for a guest room to smell mildew , sorry that was your experience with us.

I appreciate your repeat business and would love the opportunity to discuss your visit further.

Best, Barbara Rush
Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stayed for two nights at the Talaris Conference Center. It was very pleasant, and such a lovely setting. It is truly an oasis in the Seattle area. It is incredibly quiet.

We were made most welcome. We were given a map showing the hotel grounds and local neighborhood area, clearly marking restaurants within walking distance.

Our dog enjoyed the trip, too. The Burke Gilman Trail is about 2 blocks away, and there is a wonderful off leash dog park not too far away.

We are looking forward to our next visit.

Room Tip: The have a resident eagle who has a nest on the campus.
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have stayed at Talaris twice now while my daughter has appointments at Children's hospital. They have been so welcoming, kind, and helpful. They gave my kids teddy bears and had easter eggs on the grounds for the kids staying at the hotel. The rooms are clean and they are quick to help out with anything you need. My ONLY issue is they don't have a top lock on the door that can only be locked/unlocked from the inside. Other hotels I have stayed at always have the chain or metal bar you can slide across. Makes it hard with a little one to keep them from opening the door, and I like them at night for my own comfort. Will be staying there again when we have to go back for repeat appointments.

Room Tip: If you need to visit the Children's Hospital call to reserve a room so you get the hospital rate...
Seattle
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Found Talaris and booked it on a whim on a personal trip. The staff was very hospitable – even when arriving late at night the night manager walked me across the property to my building. The property was beautiful and it was great waking up, stepping outside and seeing the lake. Breakfast was delicious as well!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 March 2014

3.5 stars, actually. The pros do outweigh the cons. The setting is just beautiful; if you have a car and your purpose in Seattle doesn't revolve around being downtown it will feel more homey than a hotel. It is super-close to U Village, Seattle's best shopping. Also, I arrived late at night and was welcomed by the friendliest desk clerk ever.
But I did have trouble finding the entrance in pitch black and the website didn't help (fyi: SE corner of the property, on 41st St!). I also wished for better walkway lighting. The room was really clean but apart from new linens, it did feel dated and a little rustic. Smelled stale, too. If I was on a group retreat I would be thrilled with these accommodations, but it felt strange staying here by myself. Despite a down comforter and full carpeting, I just could not feel cozy.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is a really beautiful property - and I would really like to give it a higher score - it is older but really very nice -EXCEPT for the mattress! I think this was the original mattress from when the place was constructed - perhaps it was their way of making sure my wife and I were intimate - yes we kept rolling together all night - nice the first time - but at some point you want to get some sleep. Really how much does it cost to purchase a new mattress? Other than that - grounds are great - staff friendly - very cool to have a pair of eagles nesting above the pond - breakfast was great - but for god sake - buy some new mattresses - especially in B-2

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business