“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Belltown
Atlanta
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

I went there about 3pm. My cupcake had whipped buttercream frosting on it. The cake was dry. I was looking forward to something outstanding but it wasn't there.

Visited October 2013

Anchorage, Alaska
“Need bacon?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013

Another stop on the Savor Seattle tour and I felt this would be one of the most important reviews to put up. My BF is definitely NOT a sweets kinda guy, but he ate the sampler pancakes and bacon cupcake that the tour offered and really liked it. I have had cupcakes that were so sickly sweet, I just scrape the frosting off, but this was an Italian creme recipe made with egg whites and although it looks over-done, these cupcakes are a perfect blend of taste and sweetness. For those of you flying in that want to take some back home, Yellow Leaf offers carriers for carrying onto the plane, which will keep them in their own little space. (see my photo)

I bought Boston Creme, Pancakes and Bacon (best seller in Seattle!), Toffee, Chocolate Carmel flavor cupcakes, plus bacon brittle and yet another bag of homemade treats for the dogs. In regards to the price? You can pay $3.50 and up, depending on how fancy the flavor (the staff says they have 270+ flavors they rotate with), but IMO... when it comes to cooking, you get what you pay for. This is definitely the case at Yellow Leaf! Oh... and one final tidbit of information: over 50% of their clientele are men. =) Don't miss this stop for breakfast or as a break as you walk through down town.

• Visited October 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“ECK!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I really hate to trash a place, but we stopped by Yellowleaf to pick up a few cupcakes for our desert after dinner. We had found them based on food show that had been chosen and the fact they were on some food tours. Got variety of cupcakes. Chocolate, red velvet, lemon and something else. What made them bad was the frosting. It tasted like slightly flavored Crisco. It was just awful. They even ruined red velvet. How you do that I don't know. They were so bad I nearly took them back. Decided it wasn't worth the effort. I hope I was just there on a bad day. Threw all the cupcakes out. Really disappointed.

Visited July 2013
columbus
“Pretty good but not worth the price.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

At $3.50 per cupcake (not big cupcakes -just average) I did not find them worth the cost. Icing was very heavy. Cake was basic. I would have preferred more fluff in the icing and probably a larger serving for the cost. People were nice though.

Visited September 2013
Colman, SD
“Maple Bacon Pancake-Best Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

What a unique place! A variety of cupcakes to tempt anyone's sweet tooth! take them to go, stay & enjoy - best of both worlds! A must stop if you love a good cupcake!

• Visited August 2013