“What Happened??” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Unexpected Productions

Unexpected Productions
Ranked #12 of 216 Nightlife in Seattle
More attraction details
Owner description: For over 30 years, Unexpected Productions has been the heart of improv in Seattle.
Tacoma, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“What Happened??”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

We have gone to Halloween show three years in a row and the Christmas Improv and they were all excellent. As usual, we booked another Halloween "Bump in the Night" show and it was a no show. The actors had no cohesiveness between each other. I couldn't even follow the plot. I'm not sure what happened between this year and last becasue it was always an awesome time. Sadly, this makes me wonder if I'd want to take a chance at going to the upcoming Chistmas Improv.

Visited October 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2012

Wow. We were looking for a fun evening in Seattle and went to a Halloween spirited improv show last night at 8:30. 6 other people walked out with us. Where was the comedy? The cast tried to involve te audience but the story of hunting ghosts in the theatre meandered awkwardly with a sense of the unprepared and uncomfortable. It felt like a completely unrehearsed lower school skit that had no ending. I do not recommend it at all, would like the $30 and hour of my life back. Two other couples went on date night and were disappointed to have their evening hijacked. Rookie improv at best.

1 Thank paint1868
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Hilarious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

I found Unexpected Productions by complete accident. The location is right in the middle of the gum wall (make sure to have gum on you to put on the wall) in Post Alley and saw that they were having an Improv show, never being to one, I thought it would be fun so we went. It was the best decision I made that day. I laughed the entire time and I loved that they got the audience so involved. The best part is it was only $5 for at least an hour of awesome entertainment. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank AK859
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“fun night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

This little theatre hidden in Post Alley is so much fun! We go there quite often, instead of a movie, They do great improv comedy and it is the same price as a movie! Chew gum on your way there so you can add to the gross but fasinating gum wall!

3 Thank TlouSeattle
Seattle, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Super nice venue...great improvisation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

We went to check out the new digs for Unexpected Productions and see a Theatresports show. Intiman Theater is great and the improv is funny. We look forward to checking out some more shows when we are visiting the Uptown neighborhood.

Visited August 2011