“Amazing Service, Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Book Bindery - CLOSED

Book Bindery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dayton, Ohio
“Amazing Service, Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We went out for my birthday, which happened to fall during our honeymoon. The server was oblivious to this fact during the majority of our meal, and was super on top of everything. It seemed that they worked in teams not just one server to a table, so if a drink was low as soon as someone had a hand it was filled. You felt like you were the most important person there, yet they managed to do so without being intrusive. The food was amazing. We arrived early for our reservation so we went upstairs and had a wine tasting. The girl hosting the tasting was very warm and open. She guided us through the wines and gave us information about the wine making and grape growing process. When we finished up we went back down and our table was ready and we were taken to it right away. There are not a ton of tables, so you feel like you are alone. We ordered drinks and they came out very fast. We then ordered. Shortly after the waiter brought out some shooters of Butternut Squash soup and bread from the chef, which they were taking to all the tables. It was a wonderful soup. Our food came out shortly after the soup was finished. I ordered the Grilled Mishima Ranch "Flavor Curve", which was a beef dinner, and was wonderfully seasoned, and amazingly cooked. My husband got the Lan-Roc Farms Pork Chop, which came with apples and warm potato salad. His was delicious as well. We opted to split a dessert. We ordered Valrhona Chocolate Decadence, which was a very dense flour-less chocolate cake with huckleberry sorbet. It also had olive oil powder that the sorbet was on. The powder gave the sorbet a very velvety mouth feel and complemented it perfectly. It was in ordering dessert that the service really shined. As we were ordering the server asked if there was any special occasion that brought us out, not being one who likes a big deal of attention drawn to myself I just said we were on our honeymoon and out for a nice dinner, and my husband spoke up and tells the waiter that we were actually out for my birthday as well. When they served the cake they had place one single candle in it and very casually said congratulations to the two of us. No scene was made, and no attention drawn to our table. And I didn't feel like I was being singled out for getting older. It felt more of a celebration of us. He left us and we started on the wonderful desert, he returned about 2 min later with 2 glasses of Moscato DI Asti for us that the he said were on the house for us as a congratulations. He didn't have to do any of that, and it was just icing on an already amazing evening. I felt like the whole staff went out of their way to make us feel special and important. It was a great night for us.

3 Thank Rachelmae83

California
“We were impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013

The waitstaff was friendly and knowledgable. Ambiance was elegant and quiet - easy to chat. Food was fabulous with one exceptions. The initial pumpkin soup was awesome as were the truffle fries. My lobster risotto was the best food on the table. The halibut got a good review. The pork chops not so great - a ham taste and over salted. The chocolate dessert made up for it.

1 Thank CaliforniaFlyingpig
Hood River, Oregon
“FANTASTIC - Not To Be Missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

At the insistence of our best friend, we made reservations about a month in advance for one of the best tables in the house for our anniversary. We were ecstatic with the fine meal and staff of the Book Bindery, that only added to the specialness of our evening plans. Our hostess, Sarah, was knowledgable about every aspect of the meal's preparation. Her cordial and professional manner affirmed we had come to the right place. The intimacy of the restaraunt's space was relaxing, while service was prompt and efficient. We look forward to future dinings at this very special find where pride is taken in serving real food with unique, real taste.

Visited September 2013
Oakland California
“Fantastic food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

With a beautiful view of Lake Union, you sit at tables spaced far apart making your visit an intimate experience. The wine list is extensive and fairly well priced. There is a separate wine tasting room to sample the wines made by the restaurant owner. The food is top notch. Rave reviews for the halibut, duck and "flavor curve" of Waygu beef. Service was impeccable. We will return to this restaurant whenever we visit Seattle.

New York City, New York
“Most amazing meal this summer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

The food here was incredible. I loved the ambience and the decor of the place as well. My friend and I started off with the pork belly and the prawn special of the day. They were pretty darn amazing. Next we got the lobster risotto with the extra truffle shavings. Did not disappoint. Then we had the sear scallops and the waygu beef. I normally don't like any red on my meat but this was so good. Unfortunately my friend and I did not have enough room left for dessert. Would I return? Yes! And I hope it is with more people to try more stuff. I wish my dining room and kitchen were decorated as this place! Oh I would also like to say that I spent 3 weeks in Europe this summer And the food here blows all the foods I ate in Europe out of the water!