“Seattle city tour by Terry Jennings (Seattle tours company)”
Review of Seattle Tours

Seattle Tours
Ranked #82 of 158 Tours in Seattle
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I would like to mention that Terry was very good at showing us all the key places in Seattle. He took us on a city tour for three hours and informed us of the history and businesses in the city. He also shared stories about the buildings, historical figures, and restaurants. He was also very well informed of the kinds of trees and flowers that grow in the area. His recommendations for restaurants and places to visit were also on target. He made the tour not only informative but also fun at the same time.

1  Thank gloria_la_roche
There are newer reviews for Seattle Tours

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Took this 3 hour bus tour while in Seattle, tour guide was a very knowlegable fellow by the name of Lance, it was excellent!! Have been to Seattle many times but thought I'd do a tour this time just for the heck of it and wow, what I learned!!
Highly recommend to all visitors to this great city, or even to those who live in Seattle!!!

1  Thank Navah
Reviewed 2 January 2014

My family of 5 adults took the Mount Rainier tour on Sunday, December 15th. The van picked us up in front of Hotel 1000 at 8am and away we went. The van was really nice and our driver was friendly and very informative. This is an all day tour but well worth the money. We stopped for our first bathroom break at a nice local grocery store on the way. You have the option to buy your lunch here or you can purchase food at the snack place in Paradise(your highest stop up the mountain). Either place is fine. We did both. I had a great sandwich from the grocery store with a chili dog from paradise. The driver provided bottled water and oranges throughout the day. We stopped many different places up and down the mountain and saw amazing sites, even though it was ver cloudy the day we went. It was a great trip. Lots of snow and fun.

1  Thank Fearlessphil
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I've lived in Seattle for 13 years, but my mom lives in Virginia. She only wanted two things this last trip - to see me, and to see some whales. She booked a whale watching excursion through SeattleTours.us. What a bunch of crooks!

Maybe that's unfair. Perhaps I should just say that they have engineered a system whereby they are extremely likely to take an exorbitant amount of money from you without providing any service WHATSOEVER.

After her purchase was made online, we received an email stating 1) That this was not our ticket; 2) that our ticket would be emailed to us "before our trip" (which was scheduled for the next morning), and 3) that ALL PURCHASES WERE ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NON-REFUNDABLE, NO MATTER WHAT. (That part was reiterated for several paragraphs. Red flag? Should have been. But let's continue.)

This email also contains no departure point information. I recheck the original listing - no, there's no address. "Check the FAQ," says Mom. I do, and lo and behold, it says that the departure point will be revealed to us, like some mystical secret, on our ticket email. Which should arrive, as I said, "before your trip." Uh... Okay.

Bright and early the next morning we check for the email. Nothing. So we call the number on the confirmation email. The representative puts us on hold and tells us that the tour company has informed her that there's no possible way we can make our 1:30 tour if we're still in Seattle. "That's ridiculous," I say - "it only takes 90 minutes to get to Anacortes, and it's 10 a.m."

"Oh, you have to take a ferry to Friday Harbor on San Juan Island," she tells me. Well, this is why the location might be a good thing to let people know. Does it change? Why the secrecy? Even the representative seems to think there's something hinky going on here, so she puts me on hold again. She comes back to tell me that they've rescheduled us for the 5:30 trip.

Okay. Great. We hop in the car at noon and start driving - better ridiculously safe than sorry, right? We grab some drive-through fast food, take a quick bathroom break, and arrive at the Anacortes ferry terminal at 2:20, and inform the ticket agent that we are going to Friday Harbor. He laughs. I wonder why. We've just missed the 2:00. The next sailing is hours away, and arrives on San Juan Island at 5:50.

I call the tour company, and a smirking woman tells me that the boat will be gone by then. They can't hold the boat 20 minutes because "then we're dealing with sunset." Um, no, you're not. I live in Seattle. Unless the laws of physics are reversed here, the days are not getting shorter the further north you go in June, and last night it was light until 10 p.m. It's a 3 hour tour. But whatever.

Where I become convinced that this is all by design, though, is that when my Mom goes to see about a refund of get $60 ferry fare, she doesn't even get the words out. "We were going to catch a whale watching trip -" she begins, and the ferry agent finishes, "and you need a refund." Seems this happens ALL THE TIME. When he called for assistance with the refund, the manager knew what was up before we could tell her, too. As it turns out, all the tours are scheduled half an hour BEFORE each ferry landing, so you either have to get there hours and hours early and sit around, or you're going to miss your tour. The ferry agents were sympathetic, and almost as disgusted as we were. "Next time, you should take one of the ones that leaves from Anacortes and skip the ferry altogether," the agent tells us, and recommends a couple REPUTABLE ones.

Too late for us, but maybe not for you. Take our advice and book elsewhere.

9  Thank ClassicGirl79
Reviewed 4 June 2013

I would suggest this tour to anyone who wants to be shown not only all of the touristy area's of the city, but also to get the history of the entire city. This was suppose to be a three hour tour which turned in to a four hour tour because of our Guide "David". David did an excellent job as our tour guide and not only made sure that we saw the area's we were suppose too, but also several others which were not on the brochure. We saw all of the city of Seattle including the very different residential area's. We were also given several opportunities to get out and get some pictures of the city, and visited several unique businesses. This tour was well worth the time and money.

5  Thank Bob P