“Good investment in your trip to Seattle” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$69.00*
and up
Snoqualmie Falls and Seattle City Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Shutter Tours is a top rated Seattle sightseeing tour company designed to help you not only see many great locations but spend quality time and explore each location. Our signature Snoqualmie Falls tour is a great way to see the falls and enjoy some time in the city exploring great locations like the Hiram Chittenden Locks, Fremont Troll and Kerry Park. Check out our website for more information and the excellent seasonal tours we offer such as the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival Tours in April and the Lavender Weekend in July.
Freehold, New Jersey
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Good investment in your trip to Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

We took this tour (the one featuring the Falls and general Seattle area). It's aimed at people interested in taking pictures, but you could leave your camera home and still enjoy the ride, see the sights, and get a good overview of what Seattle is about.

I'm serious about photography and it was not a photo tour designed for people like me. And I think I instinctively knew that a four hour tour is not going to be all of that. But, I still managed to come back with a few shots that I'm very happy with. Really can't complain.

The guide was terrific. He was friendly, engaging, energetic, entertaining and a safe careful driver who obviously knew the Seattle area very well and enjoyed sharing his knowledge.

So long as you're not expecting something geared towards a hard core photography enthusiast or professional, I highly recommend this tour.

2 Thank Simple_Seeker_NJ

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great tour of Seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a great tour - Terry was very knowledgeable and insightful about Seattle; you will definitely learn a lot but also see sites that will make a lasting impression of each story you hear. I love Terry's photography tips and the wealth of knowledge he shared with everyone. He was also very helpful with directions and tips for places to see/eat. For me Snoqualmie Falls was by far the best stop on the tour. Another highlight of the tour: we got to see a bear! And when Terry realized some people had not seen the bear the first time he drove us back to the spot to try and catch another glance - and the bear was there! Awesome.

1 Thank Mauistar38
San Antonio, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“What a day!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We did a private tour which I highly recommend. Chandler was so accommodating, we had three kids, a twenty something and mom and dad (50). We saw so much in one day and on a very flexible pace. My kids could not last to the normal lunch stop, but he came up with three other options and let us choose. Kids had fun with the camera but more the sites. We did a couple of things we saw along the way and ditched a couple on the plan. I loved the flexibility. My kids said it was a great day. They loved the fruit man in the market and all the samples. We loved the lunch although it was not the original plan. Did not feel rushed and the kids saw most of the iconic sights and more. Also we actually have pictures with the whole family. My 12 year olds favorite the troll, my 11 olds favorite Theos chocolate, and my ten year old loved the Japanese tea garden. We would have never fit that that much in one day without Chandler. Very professional and organized. Low key and FUN

Vancouver, Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“great way to pass the time between Connections in seattle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

This tour is professionally organized and takes in a diverse set of sites. The tour conductor picked us up at the port, took us to the station to store our luggage for our onward train journey and returned us to the station at the end of the tour. We enjoyed seeing the falls, locke and sampling chocolate (couldn't resist buying some) in addition to the other sites en route.
Recommend this tour, we were a fairly large group and one of our members couldn't walk far but managed this trip well. We took the back to back tours.

Visited June 2014
TerryDivyak, Owner at Shutter Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you so much for joining our tour and I am happy you enjoyed the various stops, especially the chocolate which is always a fun way to experience Seattle.

Terry Divyak
Owner - Shutter Tours
Laurel, Maryland
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Most enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Don't be put off by the name "Shutter Tours" as this is really for everybody. All of us were given a few pointers for taking photos at the different sites we visited, but detailed discussions of cameras were reserved for those who requested them. The small bus held 16 guests and the guide used a mike to be sure we heard him clearly while he discussed what we were seeing or about to visit, told us about Seattle history and personalities, and answered questions. He was so relaxed and pleasant that I felt he was someone I'd known for years. Visibility from the bus was great, the interior was clean, and the temperature control was adjusted to our comfort level. We were able to see parts of the area that would have been out of reach without a car and when we arrived at each site, we knew why we were there. We were also told when we'd be at stops with restrooms, which allowed us all to relax about that necessity. Hotel pickup is available. (Our group included my mother, sister, and husband, so I checked "friends" as the Trip Advisor family options didn't fit.)

1 Thank Bluebonnet2009
Thank you for your review, we really enjoy what we do on our tours and the photography tips are one of the things that people seem to enjoy, even if they are non photographers. Traveling can create a lifetime of memories and we believe there is nothing better than improving on your photo memories, allowing you to relive a trip years later.

We do take a relaxed approach to our tours and don't want to create a feeling of being rushed from place to place and allow ample time at each stop.

Thank you again for your comments and it was great to meet you.

Terry Divyak