“Why stay here?”

Days Inn Seattle Aurora
Ranked #84 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed just overnight because of a last minute change in plans. We rented a car for one day to be able to see the Snoqualmie Falls so needed a place where parking was included and was close to University of Washington. We had thought about Hotel Nexus with all its shuttle service but then changed our mind after finding out that we would have to go the University on the 7.00 a.m. shuttle. Now, the area where this hotel is located just feels shady. It seemed pretty deserted even around 7.00 p.m. The staff was friendly . We checked in and then we actually went to the mall nearby and had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen just so we would not have to go back to our room. The room was the last one down the stairs on the ground floor. It was isolated and accessible from the road and just did not feel safe. The room had a damp smell for some reason. The room was cheap so I can't complain really . They did offer the usual fare for breakfast and we had some coffee there. In a way I am glad we spent our money on the car instead but next time I am going to find a place I feel safe about.

Room Tip: Not the one down the stairs please!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank shanam30
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Seattle Aurora

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Stayed here overnight for a conference at a nearby center. The accommodation was adequate to lowish end - nothing to get excited about on the positive or negative ends of the scale. Breakfast was free, and worthy of the price charged. Cheap mass-produced carbs, blah coffee and nothing else. No fruit. Of course TANSTAAFB; the room was relatively reasonably priced, but still, most hotels strive to do a bit better than this.

On checkout, I needed to print a boarding pass for my flight from SeaTac. I found a computer available to guests, but it had no printer. So I asked the woman behind the lobby desk, where she was sitting with a bored and sour look on her face, whether I could quickly print a boarding pass using the office computer. She refused. She seemed to think that the very idea of helping a customer was ridiculous and beneath her very considerable dignity.

No problem. I just stood in line at the airport for my boarding pass and wished Days Inn and its inflexible, dour, and unhelpful desk staff all the very best. Not.

A cent spent on delivering exceptional service pays at least a dollar back. And a cent, or even less, *not* spent on such things? Well, the evidence is before your eyes.

Room Tip: Find a room at a rival chain. Vote with your feet!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank SoItinerant
Reviewed 20 June 2012

Desk clerk was not too friendly when we arrived. I'm willing to excuse that; sure, everyone has a bad day every now and then. But it just went downhill from there. After we show her our confirmation, she says "Your 'request' for a two queen bed room was unavailable". What do you mean 'request', I thought. I didn't pay for a request when I booked with hotels.com, I paid for a two queen bed room. You don't get charged $10 more for a 'request'.
Then we get to our room. We noticed that there was a good size puddle of water on the bathroom floor. We contact the desk clerk. She sends housekeeping to our room to mop up the water. I thought "C'mon, Sherlock. That's not going to fix the problem!". If there's a substantial amount of water on the floor, it had to come from somewhere.
At some point after housekeeping left our room, I noticed drops of water coming from the bottom of the toilet tank going into a very small plastic cup on the floor. Obviously the leak was known about by someone, or how did the cup get there? I inform the desk clerk that I found the source of the water leak. She then comes to our room to have a look. Though she was more friendly and apologetic this time, all she did was give us an ice bucket to put under the leak, but no offer to move us to another room.
The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable; but only one bed.
But, good on hotels.com, though: when we told them of our experience, they gave us a $20 credit which we could use on our next booking with them.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DWM04
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Great price, good room. At less the $50 a night it's not the ritz, but the room was clean and the breakfast sufficient. Lots of family folks looking for a bargin, but I wasn't bothered by noise from other rooms. Desk clerk was friendly and got me checked in early. Pretty basic rooms, no frills, but clean and large enough to work in. A 5-minute drive to the freeway and 20 minutes from downtown. I've stayed here many times over the last 10 years.

Room Tip: Try and get a room in the teens (113, 213, 313 etc.) they are quietest. The second floor rooms have...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
GM04259, Guest Relations Manager PEDRO AMENABAR Wyndham World Wide at Days Inn Seattle Aurora, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out the survey
regarding your stay at our hotel. We really appreciate that you
consider us for your hotel lodging.

It was our pleasure to serve you at our hotel. I have
a feeling that we will definitely see you back with us in the near future for
your hotel accommodations and email us directly will provide the rooms you like the best as our complementary upgrade.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

the pros: good location, good sized rooms, pretty clean, fast efficient check in, free continental breakfast, good access to rooms, indoor hallways. Cons: VERY poor ventilation in rooms, very stuffy, our bed post was broken and taped/glued on there was a noticeable rip in the shower curtain and we found a piece of bread under the dresser. the beds were very comfortable, we got the room with the kitchenette I guess it would be called and we made our morning coffee and warmed up some leftovers inthe micro lol overall i would reccommend the place not too bad of a price either, although beware there is another days inn on the opposite end of Aurura and it looks sketchy! In what looks to be a questionable area of the city as well :) They also offer room Service through an outside company, didnt try it, but it was tempting lol

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us about your stay at our hotel. We are so happy to hear from you and we appreciate all of your kind words and honest feedback. Please next time don't delay to let the front desk know about anything that rise your concern.. We do have "Room Service" hope you try it on your next visit. Let me tell you we also have another rooms with more windows and separate living room that you might like, Please let us know on your next visit to our property so we can hold one for you and your family.

It was our pleasure to serve you and your family at our hotel. I have a feeling that we will definitely see you back with us in the near future for your hotel accommodations.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The good Tripadvisor traveler will have read the many descriptions of this Days Inn and will know exactly what to expect. The price is the most attractive feature of this motel and rest is pretty much average. I had a surprising quiet stay and slept well despite a rather soft bed. No refrigerator in this room. There is a pervasive smokiness throughout the motel which I found unpleasant and I wish there had been ice machines on each floor instead of just one in the lobby. The neighborhood does raise safety concerns for one's vehicle but I had no problems. The seating capacity for breakfast is very limited so one must either arrive early or be flexible about waiting for a seat. Would have been nice if they had non-stick spray for the waffle machines.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for living us a comment regarding your stay. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for any inconvinience and for a near future, we would like you to know that we do have suites that will have the door seperating the bedroom from living room and all other amenities as Microwave and refrigerator. We had Ice machines and Snack machines in each floor, but our recent guest suggestions to reduce noise let us changed so we reduce noise in the upstairs floors (Rooms) so we can help best avoid noise for everyone else. Just let us know and we will be glad to help you on your next stay with us, email us directly and we will upgrade your room complementary to one of those with the extra amenities. Thank you again and see you soon!

Reviewed 12 May 2012

Easy access. Friendly staff.
Front desk and breakfast are untidy and very worn. the garbage can by the tea/coffee is disgusting and probably has never been washed. Lots of debris hanging on the side.
It is a budget hotel so the decor is dated but clean. The carpet is a tight fibre that requires a top end vacuum to do a good job, and this hotel does not have a vacuum or staff that can clean the little bits up. It is not "dirty" but just not cleaned well.

No bed bugs. Clean sheets. Comfortable sleep. Quiet even tho it was full.

The internet was difficult to connect to. I had to call the front desk several times. Very frustrating.

Breakfast had fruit, waffles, the usual breadstuffs, but a common jar of jam for everyone to dip into. Lots of food.

I would rather pay more and get a place that is maintained better than this one. The reviews were very good, but I found the cleanliness lacking and that makes me rate it lower than I would have if it had been cleaner.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for you note> regarding our garbage can by the tea/coffee station in the lobby, We do our monthly property check and we noticed spills on the can on the inside, and because the maintenance was unable to removed spills, we purchased another garbage container. Thank you for your advise.
We do offer our complementary break fast and we are glad you enjoyed our variety of food offered, Definitely, we want our guest to be satisfied and comfortable in their stay. We apologize on your inconvinience and hopefully we can see you again and make your stay even better.