“Not What I Expected, but Good”
Review of Hipcooks Seattle

Hipcooks Seattle
Ranked #384 of 466 things to do in Seattle
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I bought a yelp deal for myself and my boyfriend to go try Hipcooks. They have a huge selection of classes and food types. We decided on the Greek class, as both of us like the food, but haven't really ever cooked it. The class was from 6-9, so most people came straight from normal 8-5 jobs. There were about 14 people in the class and everyone gathers around a semi circle island. I had expected more of an instruction type class, but it was more like an interactive cooking show. The teacher, Bonnie, would give everyone a task and you would work on a step, taking turns if you wanted to. It was fun, but not super informative. Also, by the time we got to eat, at 9pm, we were STARVING! Who would have thought you need to eat before you come, but you should. With all the things we made I expected there to be more food for everyone to have, but there wasn't a huge amount. I wasn't hungry afterwards by far, but I would have liked to have had a little more. For the price, its a little to much to do often, but if you can get a deal, its a fun night. We both decided it was something worth doing once, but that was probably good for us.
Bonnie, the instructor, was great. Very knowledgeable and upbeat.

3  Thank stephola18

Reviewed 21 June 2011

I received a gift certificate from family for a cooking class with Hipcooks in Seattle. After looking at the extensive classes offered my husband and I choose the Indian Class. We were defiantly not disappointed. The teacher, Bonny, made this cooking class very informative and comfortable. The class was more like a dinner party with new friends and we both enjoyed ourselves immensely. It is an excellent way to learn cooking techniques (all from smell, taste, etc.) without relying on a recipe. I would highly recommend this class. The only negative is that there were no stools to sit on while cooking etc. Our feet were a bit tired after standing for a few hours.

2  Thank LilbearSeattle