I'm shocked by all the positive reviews for this property! I wish I hadn't listed to them when I booked a reservation here in July 2013.
It was obvious to me and my husband that all of the recent renovations money was put into the lobby and computer stations (which rarely had a working internet connection). The room and hallways were shabby with dirty carpets and a door that had to be yanked hard many times to lock. The fixtures on the sink were loose and seemed like they might fall off. There was a powdery white substance that looked like it had been dumped into the air conditioner vent. Despite the a/c, the room was terribly damp and humid. Thankfully, we were able to open one screenless window a crack.
Parking in the tiny garage was a nightmare. Everyone seemed to struggle to get their cars in and out because of the poor layout of spaces and close quarters. No wonder it was free.
Worst of all, the entire hotel -- including the lobby and elevators -- reeked of cleaning products. I immediately got a headache, congestion, and sore throat from the smell, which lasted the entire trip.
Basically, the only positives about our experience were price (though not value; I would pay more elsewhere next time for better accommodations) and proximity to Seattle Center and Whole Foods.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When you stay with us, you will learn why TripAdvisor recently acknowledged us with their Certificate of Excellence award. Each morning is met with our free Bright Side Breakfast(R), an abundant spread with waffles, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, and additional items. For the caffeine-friendly, this is also a great opportunity to get going with all-you-can-drink coffee and juice. You can relax in your spacious guest room to enjoy free Wi-Fi and 40 cable channels in high-quality HD. For the business-minded, we have a business center, free parking, and free local calls. We provide more modern amenities to meet the needs of every traveler on a trip to Washington at our pet-friendly hotel. From our hotel, you can reach the most premier, popular area destinations, all withing walking distance, including Pikes Place Market, Space Needle, Pioneer Square, Seattle Aquarim, and more. We also welcome a variety of sports fans visiting the area, as the Seattle Mariners' Safeco Field, and Seahawks' and Sounders Century Link Field are all less than a two-mile drive from our front door. The business guests get to stay within walking distance of Amazon, Facebook, the new Federal Building, REI, and the Washington State Convention Center. Since the University of Washington is only five miles away, it's better to book your well-appointed guest room in advance of major events such as graduation commencement ceremonies. Get easy access to public transportation to take in all the sights and sounds of this booming area for arts, music, museums, parks, dining, and theater. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown Hotel Seattle
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Seattle Downtown
- La Quinta Seattle
- Seattle La Quinta