“Only if you're broke or desperate”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown
Ranked #44 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I'm shocked by all the positive reviews for this property! I wish I hadn't listed to them when I booked a reservation here in July 2013.

It was obvious to me and my husband that all of the recent renovations money was put into the lobby and computer stations (which rarely had a working internet connection). The room and hallways were shabby with dirty carpets and a door that had to be yanked hard many times to lock. The fixtures on the sink were loose and seemed like they might fall off. There was a powdery white substance that looked like it had been dumped into the air conditioner vent. Despite the a/c, the room was terribly damp and humid. Thankfully, we were able to open one screenless window a crack.

Parking in the tiny garage was a nightmare. Everyone seemed to struggle to get their cars in and out because of the poor layout of spaces and close quarters. No wonder it was free.

Worst of all, the entire hotel -- including the lobby and elevators -- reeked of cleaning products. I immediately got a headache, congestion, and sore throat from the smell, which lasted the entire trip.

Basically, the only positives about our experience were price (though not value; I would pay more elsewhere next time for better accommodations) and proximity to Seattle Center and Whole Foods.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,147)

Reviewed 17 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank colleeny508
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Rooms were nice, staff were friendly. Downtown location was very convenient. We stayed 3 nights prior to our Holland America Cruise Tour. We enjoyed a variety of ethnic restaurants which were close by.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

The reason my friends and I booked here for two days was the price, free parking and free wifi as well as breakfast being included. We had booked the cheapest room possible that had two beds and we were pleasantly surprised by how big it was. It had two queens and also came with a mini fridge and microwave. Although we did not have use for the two appliances, it would have been handy had we stayed for a few more days. The breakfast was pretty good for continental, it came with make your own waffle iron. Which turned out pretty good, it had boiled eggs, hot porridge, fruit, cereal and (strange but good) taquitos. The only thing is that the breakfast hours were a little short (6:30-9:30). They had this lemonade stand next to the elevators that was always full and free! So nice after walking about and coming back to that. And even though they had no restaurant, the coffee and hot water with tea and hot chocolate were self-served 24/7 which was really nice. The best part however was when I went to check out and go to the quick shuttle. I came down and requested a taxi, I went and waited outside and then a gentleman came outside and told me he could drive me. The hotel has a car service that will take you the airport/quick shuttle/cruise ship dock. It was really awesome! When the driver dropped me off and helped me with my bags, I tried to tip him and he refused. As I too work in the hospitality industry this is a huge thing for me! Someone that actually does his job because he cares! Bravo La Quinta! Bravo!!

• Stayed: September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed 7 September 2013

While it's not the newest hotel, this La Quinta is well located near the Space Needle and museums, clean, reasonably priced and has a free hot breakfast. Parking is a bit dicey due to street restrictions and a tiny lot on hotel property. Staff were efficient. It would be better if the free breakfast options included more protein, like eggs, but that's a quibble as the waffles and fruit were fine.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank selmer
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is an excellent location for travelers visiting the downtown Seattle area. You are close to many of the "go to" locations in Seattle. This includes the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. It is well kept and the staff is very forthcoming and friendly. We stayed there prior to leaving on a cruise and they were very helpful in arranging transportation to the port on the day of the cruise. Try to get a room on the street side of the hotel. The back side looks directly into an open office building.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family