“Fabulous decor”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Virginia
Description: An oasis in city dining, this downtown Seattle location is whimsical in nature and comfortable without being boring. Icon Grill's "aroused Americana" menu showcases the higher quality ingredients in a sophisticated yet simple manner.
Phoenix, Oregon
“Fabulous decor”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The food was average but the décor is so much fun. You spend your whole time looking at the walls and all the neat fixtures. The service was very good and the food was good. We would go there again.

Visited April 2014

“Interesting decor and food. Slow service.”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We found this restaurant because it was near our hotel and we liked the look of the menu. We made a reservation and came back later that night. We found the staff friendly and the restaurant very busy on a Saturday night. We had a bit of a wait for our table and then waited again for our server. Then we waited to place a drink menu. Then we waited for our drinks. Somehow tables who sat after us received their drinks and dinner long before us. There were numerous other large tables that seemed to take the attention away from our quiet table of two. The decor is certainly interesting. When the food did arrive, it was delicious. No complaints about my pasta or my husband's steak. The wine list included a a nice selection of local vineyards. Worth a visit but perhaps during a less busy time.

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great happy hour!”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I went to the Icon Grill for dinner my first night in Seattle and then had to go back to try a few of their happy hour appetizer specials. Service was fantastic! Very quick and friendly. The one time the waitress was a bit overwhelmed, the manager got on the floor with her and started delivering food and drinks. Food and drinks were very good. A little on the expensive side but I thought it was well worth it. I think during happy hour you get cheaper food and then the listed drinks are all a couple bucks cheaper.

The first night I got their ribeye dinner. The steak was decent (ask for the BBQ sauce on the side - it seemed a little overpowering) and it came with some nice potatoes and veggies. If it was just that, I might have tried something else the second night but I thought the desserts and drinks made the place. I had the fried pie happy hour special for dessert - it was strawberry rhubarb. First time I ever had it and it was very good! They folded it over so that dough was all around it and deep fried it (an upscale version of a hostess pie for those who are familiar) and then served it with ice cream. Apparently the flavors change a lot because when I asked what it was, they were not sure but kudos to the waiter and the manager who made sure to go find out for me! For drinks I had a Mercer Island Ice Tea (tasted a lot like a grown up pink lemonade) and then an excellent chocolate martini with dessert.

The second night I did a combo of their fried mac and cheese appetizer and a pepperoni pizza (way too much food for one!). I wasn't terribly impressed with these either. The pizza was pizza - perfectly fine. The mac and cheese didn't seem to really benefit from the frying. That is all personal taste though. I had a spiced pear martini which was to die for but then they did fail on my last drink - I asked for a double jack and coke and wound up getting a short rocks glass, mostly jack with a splash of coke. WOW was that strong! Maybe it's just a different way of ordering but I'm used to a double being both double on the alcohol AND the mixer. I bet if I had complained, they would have remade it but I was tired at that point so I just left it alone.

The second day I sat next to a local who said it was his favorite place in town. I can see why!

• Visited March 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Great food, great location, great service! We went here for breakfast because it's across the street from our hotel (Westin Seattle) and the food and service were just great.

Seattle
“So glad we finally went to Icon”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

I'm a local and have just never gone to Icon Grill. Finally did go and loved it. The service (at least our server) was REAL service. She told us the Specials before we had already decided on our selection for dinner, which is always useful. Drinks were good and came quickly. Fun atmosphere.