We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Aurora Ave for 7 days in July 2013 while visiting a relative in Seattle and touring the Seattle area and the attractions in the area. For some reason some people picked on this hotel for little stuff, and that is unfair. If you have ever stayed in a Holiday Inn Express, then you know what you are in for - a very nice, clean hotel with nice rooms, comfortable beds, and a decent breakfast every day. Our room (Room 212) was very nice with updated furnishings and it was very clean. The housekeepers did a great job maintaining the rooms and we always had everything we needed. The beds are very comfortable and the room had a small refrigerator in it to keep some drinks and basic food. Everything functioned well. We did have a problem with a slow drain in the bathroom sink, but the staff had someone come up and fix it for us - it was even on the 4th of July holiday and they were still able to resolve the problem!
The breakfast was nice and as expected. We always has fresh eggs every day - either scrambled or cheese omelets on alternate days and they had hard boiled eggs available every day. They also have plenty of cereals, yogurt, fruit, toast, etc ..... They did a nice job maintaining it and keeping it fresh. We ate there every morning. Some people on this site complained about the breakfast, but I don't know what they were expecting. It is a nice basic breakfast. If you need something bigger or fancy, go out for breakfast!
My only complaint is for the gym in the hotel. It is basically useless. Both treadmills have problems and many of the buttons on them do not work. In order to reset the one closest to the window so it could be used I had to pull the red "panic" cord to shut it down, then plug it back in to set a new program. Also they have a FEW dumbells in there, but no pairs of anything with decent weight - really? Only a SINGLE 20# dumbbell in there to use? I did my best with what they had there, but it was very frustrating. Spend the money people and at least replace one of the treadmills in there!
Outside of the Gym, this is a great place to stay and I highly recommend it. It is definitely the nicest place around and still close enough to get to downtown Seattle in 10 minutes or so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, North Seattle is your home away from home. We invite you to experience the friendliness of our staff and greatness of a fine Seattle hotel. We are also nearby Seattle downtown, University of Washington (UW), Safeco Field, Key Arena, Seattle Waterfront, Seattle Aquarium, Washington State Convention & Trade Center, Northgate Mall, Shoreline Community College, Shoreline Conference Center and Woodland Park Zoo. Located just seven miles north of downtown Seattle, on Aurora Avenue North (Highway 99) with easy access to I-5, our location offers all of the convenience of downtown without the downtown inconvenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Seattle
- Holiday Inn Express Seattle
- Holiday Inn Seattle
- Seattle Holiday Inn