Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
US$339
US$311
US$536
US$520
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$688
US$549
galahotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewshi expressfresh baked cinnamon rollspancake makeryogurtthe breakfast areaminute drivenorthgate mallaurora avenuefree breakfasthot tubbooked this hotelclean hotelfront desk staffshower curtainroad noisespace needlecomfortable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is an older property that has been re-furbished. They've done a good job in the rooms, and common areas are okay. We found the elevator to be dirty and the main areas. So, room was great. There was a water main break when we arrived at 1am. We weren't told that there would be no toilet use or hot water. When we complained, we were told we could get bottled water. Not sure how that helps the hot water or the toilet (maybe 10 or so bottles). Still, they couldn't help the situation. In the morning at check out, the clerk advised us that they had no idea until 4am, which was a obvious lie. I did say that the main was broken outside when we checked in at 1am. He was training a nice young fellow, so not great example of honesty.
Would stay again, as the water main issue was out of their control.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ItravelTKT
HIEXhotelStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms and property. We apologize that the water main break affected your stay and that our front desk was not able to properly communicate the issue. The front desk and hotel staff have been spoken with about this particular incident and how to better handle issues like this in the future. We do hope that your troubles during this stay do not prevent you from staying with us again.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here for a few days for a layover. I was a bit worried that I would not find it but it was directly accessible from downtown Seattle via the E bus which stops just a few blocks from it. The hotel itself is quite new with large, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and a wide-range of TV stations. One thing not to be missed is the included breakfast which is better than what you normally get in similar hotels ... it included bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh juice, pastry, cold cereal and hot coffee. The staff was also quite nice and helpful. My only gripe would be that it is a little far out from downtown Seattle. In any event, I'd gladly go again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Marc G
HIEXhotelStaff, Sales Representative at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Marc G,

Thank you for your wonderful 4 star review. We are so pleased that you found our hotel spacious, comfortable and our breakfast was great. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next Seattle layover or visit.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I would like to start off with that this review would probably be 2 stars except for two things. 1) The check in clerk Alison was phenomenal and helpful. 2) The hotel recently renovated and it's furnishings and decor are in great shape.

Now for the not so great part of the trip. My Air/Heater unit made a click click click noise all night long. This coupled with the fact that my blackout drapes were missing two hooks explained why I didn't sleep for three days. I should have reported this sooner had I realized why light kept coming in my room

On two occasions the breakfast ran out of items and when they weren't being refilled, I asked the breakfast attendants who sighed and seemed really bothered that I would ask for them to refill something.
On one occasion I wanted a biscuit and gravy but they decided to replace the gravy with sausage. I wondered what you were supposed to do with a dry flavorless biscuit.

At checkout I stated all of these things but they didn't really care! This hotel has potential but this lack of detail cannot be over looked

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank squareboy001
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear squareboy001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the room amenities and the breakfast. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed one night here while my husband had a meeting at Shoreline Community College. We arrived at 11pm at night and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and very large with the sofa in the sitting room area -- GREAT for long stays! We woke up to find a USA Today delivered to our doorstep which was a nice surprise and the check out was quick and easy.

The only complaint would be that our room was REALLY close to Aurora and therefore the road noise was an undesirable addition to our stay. We spent the following night at the Comfort Inn and Suites located about a block down the street and for $60 less per night and a room farther off Aurora had a much better experience for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far off of Aurora as possible. The street is very busy day and night.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank travelinbybus
Reviewed 9 November 2013

There were 6 of us here on a business trip. Got the rooms on Hotwire, mainly due to the location. We needed to be near Shoreline Community College (which was about 3 minutes away). What a pleasant surprise! This is a great value!!!! Front desk staff: AMAZING! Breakfast staff: AMAZING! Free breakfast: AMAZING! Rooms were very clean, BIG fridge, and a micro. Nice bed and bedding. All 6 of us really enjoyed our stay! I would give this 5 stars, but the location is a tad bit sketchy.

Room Tip: They were ALL good!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank hummergirlTempe_Az
Chloe S, Sales Representative at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are glad to hear that you and your colleagues enjoyed your stay and found our hotel convenient and comfortable. I will be sure to let our staff know that they are doing a great job and are appreciated. We hope to see you again for future stays, especially if you need a hotel near to shoreline community college.

Hotel Staff