Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline
Ranked #68 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my friends for two nights and was pleasantly surprised by how clean the room was. The beds were very comfortable, blackout blinds let us sleep in, service was good. We even had the hot tub and the pool all to to ourselves one evening - very relaxing. Breakfast - while not as healthy as I'd have liked it - comprised the usual staples (eggs, bacon, burgers, oats, pancakes, coffee, tea, fruit juice and some fruit) and was quite tasty. The Internet connection occasionally went slow and once I couldn't browse any websites despite the fact that I was connected. Other than that, I was impressed and would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Dorina C
HIEXhotelStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Dorina C,

Thank you so much for your wonderful 4 star review. We are so glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay at our property. We are glad you found our rooms clean and our breakfast was tasty. Our 24 hour indoor pool and jacuzzi make it easy for our guests to relax and enjoy their time during their stay. We are pleased you enjoyed your time at our property and look forward to future stays with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Gold Beach, Oregon
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this Holiday Inn for two nights. It was a comfortable bed to sleep in, but the curtains don't close to black out the room. I had the outside light shine in my room all night. I was on the third floor, the room above me woke up a lot during the night to use the restroom (I know this because I could hear everything). I woke up several times to the feet of the guest landing on the floor and walking across the room. When the guest above was asleep I could hear his deep sleep snores. I just wanted to sleep, but got little of it. During the little sleep I did get I at least was comfortable. The pillows were nice too. I couldn't decide if I liked the hard or soft pillows better. When I went to take a shower the first evening after arriving, there was hair in the tub and on the shower curtain. The pool was warm and the hot tub was nice. The pool towels are way too small; perfect for an infant or a small child. The hot breakfast was nice looking though I eat gluten free and always bring my own food. It is always better to be safe than sorry. The staff was friendly. Allyson was a helpful and friendly young lady. I would stay here again, but may choose the top floor.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank MeganRae47
HIEXhotelStaff, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear MeganRae47,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your candid review and rely on guest feedback to improve our hotel. We apologize that you were unable to sleep because of noise from guests above you and light from outside. We do have black out curtains in all of the rooms, they are located behind the sheers. Our front desk staff is also trained to assist guests with any issues that might cause an unpleasant stay. Our staff are able to provide room moves, when available or issue a noise complaint to other guests. We hope that you stay with us again so that we can prove our excellent service to you.
San Jose, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night. The location is a bit far from the highway but it's near lots of stores and fastfood chains. Free parking, internet, and breakfast. The breakfast was standard American style. The room was spacious and clean. Amenities are standard but they have utensils and paper plates which are very convenience for us. The bed was better than at a standard Marriott. Internet wasn't great at all. I had to use my phone to check emails and check in with the airlines. Overall, nothing stand-out about this hotel but we had a pleasant stay.

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank VietTravelers
Dear VietTravelers,

Thank you for your candid 4 star review. We appreciate your feedback and are glad you found our beds comfortable. We have recently replaced all of our mattresses and pillows with double pillow top mattresses and new soft and firm pillows. We hope the comfortable beds and our amenities bring you back again.
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stayed for 3 days into this hotel. Overall experience was just ok with a lot of problems. Few worth mentioning were:
1. They ran out of water in the morning. No water even for brush. They offered to go to some gym outside the hotel to take bath etc. Quite crazy...
2. There was no water in the hotel but plenty of water in the juice. Had to ask them to change multiple times
3. The room provided was also of wrong type. Instead of a kind bed they provided 2 queen beds.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank VikCeo
Dear VikCeo,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at our property. We value your feedback and use it to address issues in our hotel. We apologize that there was no water for one of the nights of your stay. There was a water main break caused from road side construction that affected our property and a few other local businesses. We do hope you stay with us again so that we can prove to you that our service and amenities are great.
Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2014

This is an older property that has been re-furbished. They've done a good job in the rooms, and common areas are okay. We found the elevator to be dirty and the main areas. So, room was great. There was a water main break when we arrived at 1am. We weren't told that there would be no toilet use or hot water. When we complained, we were told we could get bottled water. Not sure how that helps the hot water or the toilet (maybe 10 or so bottles). Still, they couldn't help the situation. In the morning at check out, the clerk advised us that they had no idea until 4am, which was a obvious lie. I did say that the main was broken outside when we checked in at 1am. He was training a nice young fellow, so not great example of honesty.
Would stay again, as the water main issue was out of their control.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ItravelTKT
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed our renovated rooms and property. We apologize that the water main break affected your stay and that our front desk was not able to properly communicate the issue. The front desk and hotel staff have been spoken with about this particular incident and how to better handle issues like this in the future. We do hope that your troubles during this stay do not prevent you from staying with us again.
Dalian, China
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I stayed here for a few days for a layover. I was a bit worried that I would not find it but it was directly accessible from downtown Seattle via the E bus which stops just a few blocks from it. The hotel itself is quite new with large, spacious rooms, comfortable beds and a wide-range of TV stations. One thing not to be missed is the included breakfast which is better than what you normally get in similar hotels ... it included bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, fresh juice, pastry, cold cereal and hot coffee. The staff was also quite nice and helpful. My only gripe would be that it is a little far out from downtown Seattle. In any event, I'd gladly go again.

Green Features: The hotel gives you a choice of whether to have your towels and linen changed daily. For those concerned about the environment/water conservancy, you can choose to not have your towels or linens changed.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Marc G
HIEXhotelStaff, Sales Representative at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear Marc G,

Thank you for your wonderful 4 star review. We are so pleased that you found our hotel spacious, comfortable and our breakfast was great. We hope you choose to stay with us again on your next Seattle layover or visit.
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I would like to start off with that this review would probably be 2 stars except for two things. 1) The check in clerk Alison was phenomenal and helpful. 2) The hotel recently renovated and it's furnishings and decor are in great shape.

Now for the not so great part of the trip. My Air/Heater unit made a click click click noise all night long. This coupled with the fact that my blackout drapes were missing two hooks explained why I didn't sleep for three days. I should have reported this sooner had I realized why light kept coming in my room

On two occasions the breakfast ran out of items and when they weren't being refilled, I asked the breakfast attendants who sighed and seemed really bothered that I would ask for them to refill something.
On one occasion I wanted a biscuit and gravy but they decided to replace the gravy with sausage. I wondered what you were supposed to do with a dry flavorless biscuit.

At checkout I stated all of these things but they didn't really care! This hotel has potential but this lack of detail cannot be over looked

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank squareboy001
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear squareboy001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with the room amenities and the breakfast. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C