“A little far for downtown tourists”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline
Ranked #67 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“A little far for downtown tourists”
Reviewed 13 August 2007

I booked this hotel based on reviews on TripAdvisor. This was my first trip to Seattle and I don't mind staying a little out of the way to save some money. However, I was a little confused about the location, because there are to HIE hotels on Aurora Ave. The downtown Airporter from SeaTac will not take you to this one. We got dropped off at the 226 Aurora location and payed $20 for a taxi to this correct location. The hotel itself was very clean and the staff were polite and helpful. My sister and I shared a spacious room with 2 queen beds, with a view of downtown and Mt. Rainier in the distance. We were on the 4th floor and the road noise didn't bother us. The front desk provided an ethernet cable to hook up my laptop to the free high-speed Internet in the room. Breakfast was good and there were plenty of options. There was adequate parking in the lot for our rental car. For going downtown, the bus stop is a 5-minute walk from the hotel, but give yourself plenty of time because it takes about 30 minutes and doesn't run on schedule. I recommend having a car for the entire stay or staying closer if your primary goal in Seattle is tourism. Overall, nothing bad to say about the hotel. We had a good, comfortable stay, though we did not have a chance to take advantage of the indoor pool!

• Liked — Near Northgate Mall and a very good Enterprise rental location.
  • Disliked — Distance from downtown.
  • Stayed July 2007
2 Thank RoamingTheGlobe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Kamloops
Reviewed 9 August 2007

Good value for a travelling family. We booked a "King efficiency suite" which had a king sized bed, sofa bed as well as a fridge, sink and microwave with cupboards. The pool facilities were clean as was the room. The service was good and the parking and internet were included. A bit of a drive to downtown, but worth it considering the much lower room price.

• Liked — value
  • Disliked — a bit of a drive to downtown
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
British Columbia
Reviewed 8 August 2007

I am a neat freak mom travelling with a high maintenance family. This hotel was perfect in every way. Clean, comfortable, economical, breakfast was great, pool clean, laundry convenient, no extra charge to park, service friendly and excellent. There was absolutely nothing to complain about. It exceeded my expectations. Location great. Rooms well appointed. I will go there again and again. Our room was facing the north back so it was totally quiet.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — not too many amenities near by that were walking distance
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Zingera
Livingston, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites on July/07 , the front desk staff was really friendly and helpful with directions, restaurants, etc.
The location is great, we were able to walk to the Space Needle, and many atractions.
Breakfast was what you can expect, cereal, toast, hard boiled eggs, etc.
The down side was that the room was kind of small, and the house keeping came to clean really late, by then we had come back to our room to take a break, so we did not had our room done for 3 days.
The swimming pool room was very hot, and the pool was small.
But over all, I would recomend this hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — swimming pool
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2007

Okay, it's the Holiday Inn Express, so you know what you're getting. It's not the ritz, but its really comfortable, and the location is great. It's in a perfectly safe area. Not slap bang in the middle of the city but walking distance from everything. (And really really close to the space needle). It also has the advantage of being right beside the Holidy Inn, which has a bar in it - there wasn't much in the way of bars nearby so that was handy. I think the Holiday Inn might also have a restaurant too but I can't remember.

We paid for a basic room but got upgraded to a suite, so we had our own little kitchen with a fridge, kettle, microwave etc - which was very handy. There is no restaurant or room service in the hotel, but they have a menu for surrounding takeaways who will deliver to your room, so that was great. We got lovely pizzas from a near-by takeaway.

I HAVE to coment on the breakfast bar!!! I don't usually eat breakfast at all, but I was at that breakfast bar every morning without fail. They have loads of stuff and you just go up and help yourself (so if you have a big appetite you do very well out of it cos you can take as much as you want!). You can toast your own bagels, make your own waffels, there's fruit, cereal, yoghurts, muffins, juice, eggs.....pretty much anything you could possible want.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Value for money
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SetSail07
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2007

Last week I stayed at this most excellent H.I. Express in North Seattle. I was in town (from Texas) under unfortunate circumstances ; my mother was unexpectedly very ill in the ICU at a local hospital. I checked in at about 3:30am. The front desk clerk came out to my car to help me in with my luggage (and I think also to make sure I was safe coming back in at this late hour;at any rate I really appreciated him doing this).
Normally, as a rule, I do not stay at holiday inns (the old kind) as they tend to be older and run down. Well, I'm now sold on Holiday Inn Express. The room was a King suite, seperate sitting area w/couch and also a mini kitchen (all new and updated appliances).
The beds were very comfortable, and they even have 4 pillows on the bed, two marked soft, two marked firm. Plenty of quality towels and toiletries. The shower head I've heard about was quite nice.
The room was very clean and well kept. The area is just ok/located on busy Aurora, but I was given a room toward the back of the hotel, so street noise was not an issue. Free plentiful parking. Free breakfast/pastries/fresh fruit/bagels/coffee/juices. More than adequate to get you going in the morning. Free coffee all day. The staff here are TOP NOTCH. Have no qualms recommending this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled solo