The Hotel by itself was not bad, though located in a questionable neighborhood, but the front desk staff is just terrible. Here's the sequence of events - I register at the front desk and then go up to our room only to find that our keys don't work. So I walk down and the clerk reissues another, without even an apology. I go back up again and find out the Fridge/MW we asked for was not available in our room. I go back down, again, and the clerk (with an unforgettable name of 'Junior' and a very unprofessional attitude) says that only the King suites had them, despite what the Hotel website says. It's almost as if you are in a East European Student Hostel and not a 'business-traveler' hotel as Holiday Inn Corp positions ts 'Express' brand as.
I then ask for a King suite since we were promised a Fridge/MW, but he says that they don't have any available. I insisted that with a child traveling with us, that was an absolute necessity, and after about 10 minutes of back and forth, surprise, surprise he miraculously finds one! He then asks me if the earlier room was clean and if we had used it (we didn't even have time to unpack!!) and then asks that I return the keys to the earlier room immediately, which involved another trip up and down to get my wife's key. I almost decided to quit at that point. Anyway we were tired from a long flight and decided to stay. So after a total of 3 trips back and forth from our room, we finally settle down. The stay in the room was pleasant enough, though by the second night one of our keys stopped working. I decided not to bother asking for a replacement again.
I work as a Marketing Manager for a large Travel distribution corporation, and plan to follow up with Holiday Inn corporate with my issues regarding unprofessional staff at hotels carrying their brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, North Seattle is your home away from home. We invite you to experience the friendliness of our staff and greatness of a fine Seattle hotel. We are also nearby Seattle downtown, University of Washington (UW), Safeco Field, Key Arena, Seattle Waterfront, Seattle Aquarium, Washington State Convention & Trade Center, Northgate Mall, Shoreline Community College, Shoreline Conference Center and Woodland Park Zoo. Located just seven miles north of downtown Seattle, on Aurora Avenue North (Highway 99) with easy access to I-5, our location offers all of the convenience of downtown without the downtown inconvenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Seattle - Shoreline reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Seattle
- Holiday Inn Express Seattle
- Holiday Inn Seattle
- Seattle Holiday Inn