“Comfortable and convenient”

Ranked #67 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
BC
“Comfortable and convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

We stayed for just one night while in town for the Seattle 1/2 marathon. The room was clean and large. It had a microwave and fridge. The tv was a nice large flat screen and the wifi was quick.

The location was great for getting to downtown and also to the space needle where the race was starting.

Parking was only $10/night compared to the astronomical $40 charge at other hotels.

Would definitely recommend and will stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VicGirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
demaileron
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Great, new full-scale HI with a wonderful build-out. Very comfy beds, quick elevator, spotless housekeeping.

Staff is wonderful; I'd say they are fully capable of working an Intercontinental or similar big city landmark hotel.

Easy-to-use, new, quick guest laundry (coin-op) washer/dryer machines.

Restaurant is just fantastic (see my separate TripAdvisor).

My only complaint (and it's quite minor) is that lack of complementary coffee & tea in the lobby. This is a must!

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Joe R
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 29 November 2013
Dear demaileron,

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle.

We are happy to hear that you loved our staff, your guest room and the Emerald Grill restaurant.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the lack of complimentary coffee and tea service in the lobby. Unfortunately this is a brand standard for Holiday Inn's not to have those items in the lobby of the hotel but to have those items available in the hotel's restaurant.

We appreciate you taking time to complete reviews for the Holiday Inn Seattle and also the Emerald Grill.

Croatia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

Short version:
This is not a 5* hotel, but it was as good as 5 stars to me. Clean, reasonably quiet, spacious rooms, great location, great staff, great TV, great price and value for location... If you can and like to walk, you can get to Pike Place Market in 20 minutes.

Longer version:
This hotel was great for my needs. I spent quite some time there and the service was great - I've talked to 4 different staff members at the reception, everyone was more than polite, helpful and nice. Room was clean, got my fresh set of towels every day, no complaints there. The location is not strict downtown, but it still is downtown and you can get to places such as Pike Place Market in 20 minutes on foot.

The rooms were spacious. Fridge was working louder on occasions, and neighbors above me were sometimes walking a bit louder (sounded like jumping), but nothing that would keep me from falling asleep or disturb me in any other way. The TV was big for hotel standards, with more than 50 free channels, many even in HD. AC worked fine.

The Emerald grill restaurant next door is not a place where I would eat every day two times a day, but its location was perfect for a quick breakfast or dinner. The staff was also great, it was clean and the food was decent. (onion rings kind of greasy, you might want to skip those :) )

Overall, I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear igorNZ,

Thank you taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Seattle. We appreciate your time in doing this.

We are happy to hear that you were able to have an enjoyable stay at our hotel's location while in Seattle.

Thank you for letting us know your experience in your guest room, front desk staff and also Emerald Grill restaurant and staff. Thank you for letting us know that the onion rings were too greasy when you had them in the restaurant. We will look at that and ensure it is taken care of.

We look forward to having you as our guest again when you return to Seattle.

Take care,
Helsingborg, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I didn't drive, so I had none of the parking issues to contend with. I took the light rail from SeaTac for $2.75, and because it was a beautiful day and I was traveling light, I walked the one-mile from University Station, the nearest light rail station, a good way to arrive. The location, as others have pointed out, is excellent. There's a park across the street, and a Whole Foods at the other end of the park. All city center attractions are within walking distance. Friendly staff, nice rooms. Mine, on the sixth floor, had a microwave and fridge as well as a sink. Fast, free internet, comfy beds, big LG television. A good value in the center of Seattle.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank theavidcruiser
Dear theavidcruiser,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle while visiting Seattle, WA. We are happy to hear that you were able to use the inexpensive Link Light Rail station from the Seattle Tacoma International Airport to downtown Seattle. It is a great way to get to the city without having to do deal with traffic and local construction on the way to the hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations at our hotel and the city's wonders within walking distance of the hotel.

Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed at the Holiday Inn this past Saturday. We were looking for a hotel that wasn't too far from the stadium as we were going to the Seahawks game on Sunday.

It was a one night stay, checked in later, room was okay, but when you read reviews on here about concerns regarding parking, please take them seriously. We read the reviews and before booking called the hotel and inquired if we should be concerned about getting a secured parking spot on a Saturday evening and we were told by the person who answered the phone that their parking garage "never gets full" and not to be worried.

When we checked in, we were able to find parking, however after coming back from our evening out at dinner there was no parking in the garage. We went to the front desk and asked what our options were and we were instructed to park outside in an unsecured parking lot, through an alley on another street. We were told not to park too close to a specific business as we will be towed in the morning when they got there. We drove over there and did not feel good about leaving our vehicle there. In fact there was broken glass everywhere and we just didn't have a good feeling about leaving our vehicle there. My husband went back to the front desk and explained our concerns and they then gave us permission to park in a handicapped spot in the parking garage. We did so reluctantly.

One other thing to note, the garage spaces are tight. We had our smaller car on this trip and we felt it was tight. I can't imagine parking our minivan in those spots.

As the title to this review suggests, the hotel was OK for an overnighs stay, parking was not OK. Not sure if I would want to spend multiple nights there.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary P
Dear Vegasinoct,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle and your recent Trip Advisor review. I would like to personally apologize the issues you experienced during your overnight stay with parking your vehicle. Most evenings we do not fill up in the garage however on the evening you stayed at the hotel we did due to a lot of guests staying with our hotel for the Seahawks game on Sunday and concerts in the area.

I am sorry to hear that the overflow that we partnership had broken glass on the ground and didn't look safe. I will be speaking with the parking facility letting them know that there was this issue and also that we need the lot to be in better condition so that when our parking garage is full we can trust that our guests can park there with comfort.

Thank you for staying at our hotel.

Corona, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

This hotel is in a great location and within a walk to restaurants. The hotel is clean and I love the free wi-fi. Customer service was friendly at the front desk. There is a cafe right next door which I thought was very convenient. The only thing I didn't like was the parking. Parking is located at the rear and underground. All the turns and twists were inconvenient. Overall, I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Richard H
BrandiRutherford, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Richard H,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle during your stay. We are happy that you enjoyed our customer service, Emerald Grill restaurant and our WiFi service. I do apologize that our parking can be tricky with being behind the hotel and underground.

Once again, thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle while visiting Seattle.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

My girlfriends and I go to Seattle alot because is a short drive from Vancouver and is a nice shopping and mini getaway trip. We usually book hotels via hotwire.It's one of those where you don't know which hotel it is until you book it. We actually haved stayed at this hotel twice. Both times i was with 2 other girlfriends. I actually didn't like this hotel the first time but it grew on me. I was not impressed by the fact that even though there were 3 of us, they still gave us only a king size bed. The hotel was full at that time and the hotel said there's nothing they can do about it. They didn't even offer us a cot and the room was definetly big enough for that. There is a secured underground parking, and it is $10 a night, which is not bad compare to the other hotels. Usually parking is more than $20 a night. The hotel was clean, the bathroom is okay. The 2nd time around was much better, the lady at the front desk was super friendly, and she did apologize what happened to my first stay. This is one of the cheaper hotels in downtown Seattle, and location is not bad. It is close to everything, and a short 5 minute drive to pike place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Reen_11,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle twice during your Seattle trips! We appreciate you staying with us. I am happy to hear that our front desk agent on the second trip was able to ensure you had the room that you and your girlfriends needed. I apologize that we didn't offer you a roll away your first stay when you were booked into a standard room. When booking through third party websites you aren't always guarantee a bed type just a standard room. I am sorry we were sold out that night and unable to give you a room with two beds. Please always ensure you put that request in your booking or number of people so we can do our best to get your reservation into a two queen bed room.

We hope to see you and your girlfriends the next time you are in Seattle on a weekend trip!