“Grandsons graduation trip”

Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown
Ranked #67 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Spent 3 days.Comfortable room,mini kitchenette a plus as no breakfast at this hotel.Walked to Walgreen to purchase fruit,yogurt etc.Comfortable walk to Space Needle and all to do there,and 2 min monorail ride to downtown,Pike a Place. Beds comfortable,lots of pillows! Felt overpriced,considering checked in after 6pm,and gone all day and eve sightseeing.Dont understand why hotels think the rooms are worth over $220 a day.Makes for a very expensive vacation.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed 3 nights. Check in was quick and friendly. Room large and clean. Location was within walking distance of the Space needle, Chihuly Garden and Glass attraction. Further afield, but also within walking distance is Pike Place market. We didn't eat at the hotel, but there is an adjoining restaurant which is open for breakfast and dinner. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BreakfastkingHull
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My main concern is that I did not know there were construction going on so close by and I was woken up by the construction noise in the early morning hour. It would have been nice to know as a warning so that I pay properly request a room facing away from the street side (considering that I arrived at the hotel 4 hours earlier than the check in time....) .

The hotel had a restaurant attached. The food was decent and the cocktail drink was ok. Nothing spectacular. The hotel staffs, however, were all very polite, knowledgeable about the area, and extremely helpful. The place was clean and the room was properly turned daily. I left many valuable things out in the open and, on occasion (I stayed for many nights) left out personal things as I was rushing out the door in the morning and found that my items were respectfully taken care of (moved or untouched .. either way).

Good location for the Seattle Center, Lake Union, and Queen Anne area. You can still walk to the rest of the city and public transportation is easily access.

Bed is very firm, springy, and did not have a pillow top, which I found to be ... less than desirable, considering they just did the remodeling not too long ago. Not comfortable for me - but that's personal preference. Modern, contemporary decor, more than sufficient in-room amenities, such as room service, mini fridge, flat screen TV, work station, etc...

Would stay here again if the price is really good. Otherwise, I will more than likely shed a few extra bucks for comparable hotel with nicer bed and/or free breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the alley (Holiday Inn Express) if you want a quieter room, esp with construct...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank AlyxisPaige
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Our room was #607. I pretty much liked everything except the queen beds. They were firm (I like that) but very springy and lacked the usual pillow top part. Any movement by my wife and the whole bed shook. The room had a fridge and a nice sized flat screen TV, a small work space desk and was clean. The bathroom was typical of a hotel in this class. Hot water and a good shower head, up high enough for taller people. Our room rate came with $20 vouchers for the next door cafe which had very good food and excellent service. You can eat for 2 for $20, but we usually spend a few $ more. I had the oatmeal twice as it was so good the first time. They have under the building parking for a daily rate. We walked the 5-8 blocks to the Space Needle and EMP Museum, a distance which should be easy for most folks.

The only reason I didn't go with 5 stars is the bed. Certainly not a show stopper, but you could tell that was a place where they cut a corner on furnishing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dschae1
RachidZemmaoui, General Manager at Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear dschae1,
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel's convenient location and restaurant food. However, we are sorry to hear that the mattress was not up to your sleep quality expectations. We do not really try to cut corners when it comes to guest comfort, but we are continuously working on upgrading our amenities to meet the highest expectations. Please contact me directly as I would like to know more about your feedback regarding the mattress, which will help us tremendously in our future mattress selection.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Zemmaoui@hotelconcepts.us

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The hotel was in a good location, within walking distance of the Space Needle and the festival area. The quality of the room was average. The coffee maker did not work and the cups had been used and not replaced. The bolts on the commode broke on the last morning of our visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Wayneww1000

Dear Wayneww1000,
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle. I am sorry to hear about the coffee maker, cups and bolt issues. We always strive to make our guest's stays the best they can be and we take our guests' concerns very seriously. Please contact me directly in the e-mail below as I would appreciate it if you give me some more details on your stay so that I can make sure we have taken the right measures to solve the issues and avoid similar problems from occurring again.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Zemmaoui@hotelconcepts.us

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The Holiday Inn on Dexter Avenue is in a very good location for downtown - close to Space Needle and the museums, an easy walk to the center of downtown, and also close to Amazon's campus. The hotel is sufficiently comfortable. Rooms have a small fridge. There are few extra amenities: The exercise room is bare minimum, and there is no pool. The associated restaurant serves unexceptional food, not bad, not excellent either. There is, so far as I know, no better dining for several block radius, but if you go further you can find more choices.
I had some minor mechanical issues with the room but nothing to prevent me from being comfortable. The one plus I will add is that the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Try not to pay full rate for the room. My firm negotiated a discount and I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do the sa,e

Room Tip: Rooms on the Dexter Avenue side can be noisy as there's construction in the neighborhood as of M...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear jrd259,
Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Seattle. We appreciate you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are glad you liked our convenient location in Seattle downtown and the amenities we have to offer. We are working on some more updates to our Gym and business center, targeted for completing very soon. Our restaurant menus will be changing this month for the summer with fresh selections with the best flavors of the northwest.
Thank you again for reviewing us.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I was in Seattle attending a management training. I was surprised what a great location was in. I was able to easily walk to local restaurants, the Space Needle and Pike Street Market. All of the staff from the front desk, to housekeeping to the restaurant were extremely friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business