“Day one of honeymoon here!”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 May 2012

My husband and I decided to take a "mini-moon" in lieu of a future honeymoon. Our first stop was in Seattle and we stayed at this beautiful hotel. It is brand new, very centrally located with just a 10 minute walk to the Waterfront & Pike Place Market. Exceptionally clean and very friendly staff. We were on the 26th floor and had a fantastic view of the Space Needle. Oh and we were upgraded to an executive suite since we mentioned we were on our honeymoon! <3

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Flew up for the weekend from LA to enjoy the Seattle sun and food. This hotel is perfectly located within walking distance to the Market (about 1/2 mile) and numerous shopping centers. The staff at Grand Hyatt was outstanding as soon we exited our ride from the airport. We had a great corner room with an outstanding view of the city. When they heard we were celebrating my wife's birthday they complimented us with a nice bottle of wine. The room was spacious and the beds were very comfortable. We upgraded to the Regency club, which I highly recommend. They provide a nice array of munchies for breakfast and in the evening. This helps satisfy your hunger until you can enjoy a nice lunch or a late dinner.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Adri1195
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Our first room had a horrible odor. We were immediately upgraded to a city view room. The rooms are a good size with a nice sitting area. There is a refrigerator as well as a coffee maker. Free breakfast is offered downstairs. A good variety of foods. A real plus is the shuttle service which will take you a few miles to and pick you up from. The lobby is large and modern.
Convenience-wise, if you like to walk, it's a bit over a mile to Pike's Market. On a nice day it's a great walk since you pass through several different areas.
Great value for the money!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dahlia8
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Ii attended a conference here where some of the presentation rooms were separated from the elevator lobby by six or seven steps and another room down another 4-5 steps, Maybe they help diabled guests navigate, but us able bodied folks with loads, beware!
the location is walk-able from the end of the airport light rail connection, but I'llbett the other hotels you pass are as good but not as expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I recently stayed at the this hotel while attending a conference (4/27-5/1). I must preface this by saying that I recently have been dissapointed by Hyatt's in general and considered choosing a different hotel even though I had a conference rate on this one. I read the reviews and it seemed decent so I took a chance. The room was very nice. Comfy mattress. We had a 2 room corner room which I assume they upgraded us to as part of the Hyatt frequent stay program (Whose name escapes me at the moment). We had a king sized bed in the bedroom with a TV, 2 nightstands and a nice armchair. Very tight but the fact that there was a wall of floor-celing windows made it less cramping. Bathroom had a single vanity, nice soaking tube and seperate shower. The living room office had a couch and chair (kind of a blend of outside/indoor furniture) and a desk/phine with another TV. We also had a nice large foyer when you entered the room. Cleaned nicely every day. Also floor to ceiling window in living room. They charged us on our final bill for mini bar charges although we did not use anything but they recitified it when I pointed it out to them. We also had admittance into their little club on the 27th floor with free breakfast and lower priced afternoon drinks (5.00) along with appies. Very comfortable with couches, tables TV's etc and service there was outstanding. The breakfast included bagels, coffee, juice, muffins and fruit and apparently you could have made to order eggs which I never attempted. Also had oatmeal that was outstanding!! The lobby had some comfy couches but no bar. The only bar was in Ruth Chris's which is within the hotel which was a bit odd. And no gift shoppe-also a bit off. I would recommend staying at this hotel. 1/2 block from convention center

Room Tip: Ask for corner room which is a 2 bedded room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank amn2117
Reviewed 23 April 2012

A four night stay here was splendid. The rooms w/water view cannot be beat. Clean, quiet and spacious. The staff was ever-so-helpful and courteous. Turn down brings an ice bucket each evening and there was a paper under the door each morning. NYC cafe downstairs is delicious and open late. Will stay here again and again. Fitness room is FREE. Hotel if walkable from Westlake Station. Air train...$2.25 from SEATAC.

Room Tip: You will not be sorry if you upgrade to a King water view. 23rd floor view is breathtaking. You can...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DawnJoyal
Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you're looking for a lovely, gracious and comfortable place to stay while in Seattle, you should consider this hotel. It's warm with wood and natural colors, great views of the Space Needle and Pikes Place Market. Centered right in the heart of Seattle, it's about a block from the Convention Center and Nordstroms with a Starbucks right in the hotel. What more could you ask? Also within the hotel complex are a NY style deli, a moveable sushi place and a Ruth & Chris Steakhouse.

I loved our room and the bathroom was amazing--never been in a more beautiful bath--not too glitzy to be cold but luxurious. I felt pampered. The sauna room and workout rooms were also lovely.

If you want to visit the original Starbucks, it's about a 5 block walk down to the waterfront where you'll find the original Sbux along with Pikes Place Market, the Seattle Aquarium, and the Seattle Art Museum close by. If location matters to you, this hotel offers it.

The staff at this hotel from the bellmen, front desk, maids to the concierge staff are very friendly and accommodating. The concierge room is lovely and a great respite when you want to get out of your room. Dianna, who is a hostess of the concierge, greeted us one of the first mornings and was obviously delighted to have us there and meet our needs. She went out of her way to make us feel at home and treated us like treasured guests. Rachel is also a warm hostess in the evening who obviously loves her job and interacting with guests. Melanie, Joe and other staff there were wonderful. The concierge was immaculate and well-stocked--great place to relax in. We only ate one meal out a day with this service.

I team-teach interior design and I liked the soft colors and textures in this hotel used with modern lines of furniture. My room had a brown corduroy-chenille covered chair with ottoman in front of a large window overlooking the downtown and waterfront. Loved watching the ferries on the go visiting the Island. Out another window by the desk was a view of the space needle. The bed was supremely comfortable for me.

This hotel is also within walking distance to Fareshare--a restaurant and cooking school in which top chefs have trained homeless folks to be line chefs. We had a tasty lunch there which was as good, if not better, than many restaurant lunches we've had. It was reasonable, professional and delicious and you feel you're doing good for others and the community by eating there. We also visited a small Italian cafe called Sensico Unica (meaning one way) that had some delicious coffee a few blocks from the hotel. Elliotts for sea food by the water and the Pink Door for Italian food also delighted us.

Any time I visit Seattle, I'll plan on staying at this Hyatt because of the welcoming staff, lovely and comfortable accommodations, and sensational location. I can see why it's consistently #1
in ranking for Hyatt Hotels.

Room Tip: Corner suite with view of water.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family