Grand Hyatt Seattle
US$287
US$273
  • Fitness centre
3,372 results
All reviewsruth's chriscorner suiteemerald suiteregency clubsushi restaurantconvention centerblackout shadesspace needlesoaking tubseparate showerpike place markethuge bathroomclub roompine streetwestlake stationroom servicepacific place
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was very impressed with the Grand Hyatt Seattle. It has been years since I stayed at a Grand Hyatt and I was very pleased with and surprised at the high quality of this hotel. My room was enormous and beautifully decorated. There was a hallway/dressing room with slate floors when you walked in and a large marble bathroom. The main bedroom was very large too. My room was extremely quiet even though it was close to the elevators. The bed linens and pillows were wonderful. The location seemed to be good as well (close to shopping) although I was there for business and wasn't able to explore the area. All in all, a great value, a lovely hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DiscerningTraveler99
T0m_W0lf, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hyatt Seattle and taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. Our spacious rooms have a lot of luxuries to offer business and recreational travelers, and our location makes many Seattle attractions easily accessible. We hope you come and stay with us again - perhaps you can get some exploring in on your next trip!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Arrived early and the kind check in person was able to accommodate us. We opted to take an upgrade with a view of Pike Place and the Space Needle.

The room was comfortable with a separate living space and bedroom. Always impressed by the Hyatt bathrooms and amenities.

There is a Starbucks in the building which was convenient and there are malls all around.

Greatly enjoyed the night at the hotel and found the whole experience good.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jasonleg
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. We love our downtown location and were glad to hear that you experienced the amazing views of the Pike Place Market and Space Needle from your suite. Seattle is truly a beautiful city, especially this time of year. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

After many hours on the plane we got to Seattle and stayed at Grand Hyatt. Front desk addressed me by my last name as they knew who we were when we walked in at 1 am. I will recommend it 100%.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. The Grand Hyatt Seattle prides itself on outstanding customer service, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Most visits to Seattle I have stayed with family, or out on Bainbridge Island, so this was my first time in a downtown hotel for business. The Grand Hyatt had a great location, easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, and my meetings. It's diagonally across the street from Pacific Place (high-end mall), about two blocks from the flagship Nordstrom, and maybe 10 minutes to Pike Place.

My deluxe king room had a nice layout, huge bathroom, and very cool automatic blinds. The room itself, though, had no convenient power outlets for charging electronics or using a laptop. I wound up charging my phone in the bathroom and putting my iPad on the floor.

My room was on a lower floor, and the windows were not the most soundproof. Traffic noise did not really bother me, but there was a steady, loud hum (perhaps from the air conditioner unit at the movie theater across the street) that persisted for the three nights of my visit. The first night, I found it hard to sleep, but I adapted after a few nights.

Overall, it's a nice hotel in a great location, but I wish it had better soundproofing.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 June 2012

After the logistical disaster of the Seattle airport, then battling the gauntlet of homeless street people, the Hyatt is a welcome and cherished relief.

Location: City center, within a block of the Washington Convention Center, Space Needle monorail station, and abundant restaurants and shopping. Across the street from metro transit station where the airport train stops. It is 7 blocks from the Public Market; and if you like to walk, an easy 1.25 mile trek from the Space Needle and World's Fair grounds. Unfortunately, on a walk to the Public Market, I averaged two homeless solicitations per block, going and coming, both times I made the trek, and at all hours of the day. In one case, I was followed aggressively at a rapid pace until I crossed a street against the light and in front of a policeman. If this doesn't appeal to you, plan on cab fare. However, none of that is the Hyatt's fault, and it is in a very convenient location. Don't eat at the Westlake Mall across the street. Do eat at Vonn's.

Common areas include a well appointed lobby, plentiful meeting rooms and generous lobby seating. Attached restaurants are Ruth's Chris, a deli/market, a sushi restaurant; and of course, Starbucks. The garage is attached with an elevator that takes you directly to the lobby. Valet parking is $34/night (plus tips). Self park is $30.

The rooms are spacious and very well appointed, with terrific bathrooms. There is a separate tub and frameless glass shower combined with a long vanity. Room darkening shades are electric and can be opened or closed from a switch by the bed. Very nice. Unusual at this price point, there is in room coffee. (Most of the high end hotels make you order room service which is irritating. Advantage, Hyatt).

That plus the thoughtful way they include toothpaste and put the shampoo and conditioner in the shower where you need them, is one reason why Hyatt is eclipsing the other leading brands. Did I mention there were two plush robes in the room? One irritant: internet is either $9.95 for slow, or $14.95 for fast, per day. Why do the mid price hotels give this away while the expensive hotels insist on nickles and dimes? I used a Verizon 4G hot spot - much cheaper and lightning fast. Another problem is the lack of enough plugs, especially near the desk.

Service is superb and friendly. The staff I talked to all seemed to want to be there, including one young fellow who had only had the job two days. When I checked in, the first room had a running toilet that couldn't be stopped. In no time, I was in another, and superior, room.

The fitness center has a nice variety of free weights (but only to 50 pounds), weight machines, and cardio. There are both dry and steam saunas as well as a hot tub that holds twelve. There are massage rooms implying that service is available though I did not see any staff on site. The center is clean and the equipment well maintained.

Overall, this is an excellent choice if you need to be in downtown Seattle. Note to local CVB: given the horrid airport and a homeless problem far worse than NY or DC and on a par with San Francisco and Atlanta, I would not plan a meeting there. Just saying...

Room Tip: Guest rooms start on the tenth floor, then through the 30th floor. Rooms on the west side from 20 up have nice views of the city and bay beyond, the higher the better. Corner rooms are small suites. Lots of windows and lights. There is a bedroom and a sitting room,but they are tiny. Unless you have a corner room with a view, I'd recommend a standard room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank 94Q45T
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for the great review of the Grand Hyatt Seattle! We are walking distance to so many great attractions (Convention Center, Space Needle, Pike Place Market) and restaurants, convenient for recreation or business travelers. Von's is also a favorite among many staff members and guests and is conveniently located next door. We are pleased to hear that your guest room stay was comfortable and that you had everything you needed from bath amenities to work out machines. Come back and see us soon!