“A good experience”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed a week recently and can recommend everything about this hotel with the exception of its Business Center. They have outsourced this and they charge for everything, including logging on to the computer. I needed to print a four page document and they charged me $11. This is not competitive with other hotels, most which provide this service free of charge.
The rooms are very comfortable and the bathrooms are very large and beautiful. The bathtubs are extra large and the shower is separate. I would certainly return the next time in Seattle.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,282)

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Room was nice. I had a smoking room, that had an air filter machine. Not sure how well it worked. Bathroom was amazing, one of the best I've seen. Hotel staff were helpful and friendly. Room service food was great. There was a 2 tier charge for wi-fi. One was around $10 and a faster connection at $15. I honestly can't see why wi-fi isn't free. However, I can't complain, as I had problems logging in, so the nice lady at reception gave me a access code, and I got it for free (thank you!).

Great location...close to everywhere you need to be. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed at the Grand Hyatt a few days ago. We got a great pre-paid rate since we booked more than 3 days in advance. Upon check-in, we were upgraded to a partial ocean view room which was a nice surprise. The staff in general were very pleasant to deal with (except for the valet who didn't crack a smile at any point).

The rooms are a decent size, but could be slightly bigger. The washrooms are very nice with marble flooring, showers, etc. and a soaking tub. The bed was okay - I prefer the Westin heavenly bed and find it more comfortable. The hotel is not located very close to the water so although there is a water view, there are some buildings in the way.

The hotel is located right in the heart of the best shopping area in Seattle - it is only one block away from one of the main malls and the main shopping areas are all within a 5-10 min walk. If you are looking to relax and shop in downtown Seattle, it is hard to beat this hotel's location.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ToucanSm
Reviewed 29 June 2012

I was very impressed with the Grand Hyatt Seattle. It has been years since I stayed at a Grand Hyatt and I was very pleased with and surprised at the high quality of this hotel. My room was enormous and beautifully decorated. There was a hallway/dressing room with slate floors when you walked in and a large marble bathroom. The main bedroom was very large too. My room was extremely quiet even though it was close to the elevators. The bed linens and pillows were wonderful. The location seemed to be good as well (close to shopping) although I was there for business and wasn't able to explore the area. All in all, a great value, a lovely hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DiscerningTraveler99
T0m_W0lf, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Thank you for choosing the Grand Hyatt Seattle and taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. Our spacious rooms have a lot of luxuries to offer business and recreational travelers, and our location makes many Seattle attractions easily accessible. We hope you come and stay with us again - perhaps you can get some exploring in on your next trip!

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Arrived early and the kind check in person was able to accommodate us. We opted to take an upgrade with a view of Pike Place and the Space Needle.

The room was comfortable with a separate living space and bedroom. Always impressed by the Hyatt bathrooms and amenities.

There is a Starbucks in the building which was convenient and there are malls all around.

Greatly enjoyed the night at the hotel and found the whole experience good.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Jasonleg
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your stay at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. We love our downtown location and were glad to hear that you experienced the amazing views of the Pike Place Market and Space Needle from your suite. Seattle is truly a beautiful city, especially this time of year. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit!

Reviewed 22 June 2012

After many hours on the plane we got to Seattle and stayed at Grand Hyatt. Front desk addressed me by my last name as they knew who we were when we walked in at 1 am. I will recommend it 100%.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. The Grand Hyatt Seattle prides itself on outstanding customer service, and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Most visits to Seattle I have stayed with family, or out on Bainbridge Island, so this was my first time in a downtown hotel for business. The Grand Hyatt had a great location, easy walking distance to shops, restaurants, and my meetings. It's diagonally across the street from Pacific Place (high-end mall), about two blocks from the flagship Nordstrom, and maybe 10 minutes to Pike Place.

My deluxe king room had a nice layout, huge bathroom, and very cool automatic blinds. The room itself, though, had no convenient power outlets for charging electronics or using a laptop. I wound up charging my phone in the bathroom and putting my iPad on the floor.

My room was on a lower floor, and the windows were not the most soundproof. Traffic noise did not really bother me, but there was a steady, loud hum (perhaps from the air conditioner unit at the movie theater across the street) that persisted for the three nights of my visit. The first night, I found it hard to sleep, but I adapted after a few nights.

Overall, it's a nice hotel in a great location, but I wish it had better soundproofing.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business