Grand Hyatt Seattle
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$242
  • Breakfast included
US$339
US$311
US$536
US$520
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Seattle Downtown(Seattle)(Great Value!)
US$227
US$688
US$549
galahotels.com
3,344 results
All reviewsruth's chriscorner suiteemerald suiteregency clubsushi restaurantconvention centerblackout shadesspace needlesoaking tubseparate showerpike place markethuge bathroomclub roompine streetwestlake stationroom servicepacific place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Ok - so I booked the Grand Hyatt Downtown, and I got exactly what I reserved. They are located perfectly with million dollar views of the city and the water, and so close to the water that you can open a window (albeit a small one) and listen to the seagulls sing.

The bellmen have personalities and ours was super down to earth and funny too. I believe his name was Eric. He got us settled in, hung out with us until he made certain we knew where everything was, how everything in the room worked, and then answered questions about the area as well. I travel a lot, and I've never had that level of service anywhere else.

The hotel is within walking distance to everything you'd want it to be, except the mountains. There is a full service Starbucks inside the hotel that does a fabulous job, as well as a Ruth's Chris, but I did not frequent R's C.

The beds were heavenly, as well as the huge garden tubs and separate shower, and the room was super well equipped with nice waffle robes, luxe toiletries, power sun shades, a docking station for the phone, an umbrella, and a safe. We has club access and the offerings were superior to any other I have enjoyed, and the service in the club was personal, warm, welcoming, and cozy.

I loved my stay at the GHS and I will return soon. Bravo for their world renowned service!

Room Tip: I doubt there is a bad view - decide what you'd like a view of in downtown Seattle and request it - I imagine they could give you pretty much whatever view you'd like.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2012

It is great to hear that you loved your stay at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. I appreciate all of the wonderful feedback that you left, especially regarding your interaction with the bell staff. I will make sure to pass along the compliments to Erik. Our staff is dedicated to offering genuine service, and I am glad to hear that this contributed to your experience. Be sure to stop in to Ruth's Chris on your next visit - they have a great happy hour menu and the location is so convenient. Take care and see you soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

The best aspect of the stay was the location. The Hyatt is very centrally located, within an easy walk of Pike Place Market and many of the other downtown attractions. We paid for an upgrade to a corner room, which was nice and had decent views out over the water from certain windows, although I don't think we got the best corner. Staff were welcoming and friendly.

One slight grip we had was the quality of the sofa in the living room section of the room. The sofa and armchair both seemed very out-dated and were not at all comfortable.

Also, the hotel has automatic mini-bar fridges which detect when you remove things from the fridge and charge you automatically. If you want to store your own things in a fridge (eg baby food, as we did), you need to request a separate fridge, for which the hotel charges you $5 a night. I found this un-impressive for a chain of Hyatt's class.

We used points for our stay - not sure we would have paid to stay there. I think we've been spoilt by the quality of Hyatt hotels in Asia. North American ones so far just haven't measured up!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite overlooking Puget Sound and the Space Needle if possible
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We were given a beautiful room overlooking Pike's Market and the Bay. Nice size rooms and wonderful bathroom. Staff was welcoming and remembered our names as we went in and out of hotel. Well located for all public transportation and restaurants. In the middle of all the best shopping. Walked everywhere or took public transportation wherever we needed to go.

Room Tip: Want to overlook the Bay
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review the Grand Hyatt Seattle. Our hotel is perfect for the recreation or business travel and is conveniently located to public transportation and many Seattle attractions. I am pleased to hear that our location, guest rooms and friendly staff made your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

A friend who works at Hyatt was able to get us a room upgrade to Corner Suite so I recognize that we had a larger room than standard, however, I think being a huge chain known for quality, any room would have been as nice. Everything was clean and in good condition, the bathroom had a huge soaking tub which was nice after a long day of walking. My favorite part? The shades that opened and closed with a switch, after a day of walking quality sleep was important! It's in a touristy area, but easy walking distance to Pike's Place and diagonal from the light rail/train. For those coming for a Convention, it is right down the block from the Center.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review! The Grand Hyatt Seattle is known for its spacious guest rooms and baths. A relaxing soak in the tub is a great way to wind down after a long day of traveling or site-seeing. The black out shades are also perfect for travelers looking for a great night of sleep. Our property is located close to many Seattle attractions and public transportation, as well the Convention Center is directly across the street. We do hope you will stay with us on your next trip to our city.

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Probably the nicest Grand Hyatt I've been to in the US. Beautifully decorated, great service, and corner rooms looking out at Puget Sound. Regency club open 7 days a week with the most delicious salmon I've ever had for breakfast and an attentive and knowledgable staff! Funny too. Just a block from the light rail connection to airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the gracious review. There are so many beautiful Hyatt hotels, and I am so pleased to hear that our Grand Hyatt property in Seattle exceeded your expectations. I would be happy to share all of the positive feedback on the food and service in the Grand Club with our staff - the kind words are greatly appreciated. We hope you will come back and see us!