“Wow...Amazing stay - Really a Grand Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Utah
“Wow...Amazing stay - Really a Grand Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Nothing to say - It is just a great Hyatt - as always. The blinds could be operated by a remote control and blocked off all the light from the hoardings from other hotels. Bathroom was amazing and huge. We walked to the market form the hotel. Great stay. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank venntul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (498)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Cypress, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was travelling on business and was booked into the Grand Hyatt. As a rewards member, I was given a high floor with a corner room. The room itself was very clean and very spacious. I had a flat panel television and a Ethernet cable to connect to my laptop.

Service always arrives during my conference and the room was nice and clean. All the employees were very helpful and seemed eager to help.

The location of the hotel is in the heart of downtown, so you can pretty much walk anywhere. It was always busy at night and I was able to see a lot of sights just walking around.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Thanks for your comments. It is our priority to make sure that our guest's needs are accomodated and it's wonderful that this is what you experienced. We always love to assist and get to know our guests as a genuine connection is a thing that brightens everyones day. We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Seattle.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

The main floor Grand Hyatt meeting rooms were very clean and wonderful for our meeting. Moving up to the 7th floor I was not terribly impressed, primarily due to street noise. Thankfully most of my meetings were on the main floor. The hotel itself was decent, clean and the staff was friendly. Parking is on the expensive side, $30 self-park, and there was no pool, but a respectable exercise room, sauna and hot tub. There is no Spa, though this came up as being an ammenity of the hotel on one site. The hotel itself is conveniently located down Pine Street, about 3 blocks from the elevated light rail and about 7 blocks from the Pike's Place Market.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I was here on business for 3 nights. Standard of room is excellent, and unlike others, I enjoyed the club level, but then again, I wasnt paying for it. Handy to have somewhere for a toasted bagel in the morning, with unlimited coffee and soft drinks I guess.

However, my one bugbear (and I am noticing this more and more) is the flatscreen tv. Hotels - if you have flatscreen TVs with HDMI inputs, then people will try to use them like I did to watch a movie I brought with me from my laptop on the TV.

Please note - if you disable the switching to HDMI input button on the TV, just to try and force your guests to watch your poor value pay tv stuff, the guests will get annoyed like I did. I would rather you had a TV where all the inputs were sealed, that way I don't waste my time setting up the cable from my laptop to my TV.

Hence, you only get 3 out of 5.

redlands california
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

The Grand Hyatt Seattle is a stunning hotel in a beautiful setting and is beyond excellent. However, the service is just okay at best. The front desk folks were friendly but lack experience and knowledge. The worst service experience was the Hyatt Grand Club Level. Opened late, had not cleaned up from the prior evening and easily the most miserly Club Level experience I have ever encountered. The evening hors d'oeuvres selection with laughable. Hyatt had the audacity to charge $75 per night for this mediocre Club Level experience. The Hyatt could learn from the Ritz Carlton Club Level which charges $100 for club level privileges and worth every penny.

Room Tip: Hyatt Club Level is not worth $75. Recommend you do not spend the money for a mediocre club level ex...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Matteson, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

I stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Seattle for about 2 days and the service was fantastic. The hotel was located centrally in downtown and we were able to see the space needle from our hotel room along with the view of the ships and ferries passing by. Just steps out of the hotel was plenty of shopping, eateries and many sights to visit. We found catching the train from the airport was about 15 minutes away and once we got off the metro train, we only had to walk 2 blocks to the hotel which was suggested by the concierge desk. It only cost us $2.50 each to get from the airport to the hotel. Also the public transportation was $2.50 each person which took us around town without any problems. Our spacious hotel room had a doorbell and the rooms with equipped with a huge bathroom with separate shower and nice size soaker tub with double sinks. Also there is a Ruth Chris Steak house in the lobby as well as a Starbucks coffee. I enjoyed my stay at the Hyatt and recommend this hotel to anyone looking to travel to Seattle anytime soon.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Patrice W
Thanks for your comments. It's wonderful that you had such a great stay with us. We love that we are so centrally located because it makes it easy for our guests to get around the city to any attraction or entertainment they might want to explore. We would love to have you back with us during your next visit to Seattle.

Porltand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

The room was clean and very comfortable, stylish and nice amenities. Club lounge very nice great perk and everyone was very polite and helpful.

My favorite thing in the room was the large bathroom lots of space, marble floors and shower; always love it when a hotel takes the time to invest into its amenities - overall an amazing stay.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments. It is our main goal to provide a comfortable and relaxing environment to our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Seattle.