“Quite possibly the biggest surprise for me this year”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Is had a last minute business trip that took me to Sea/tac then a drive up to the Olympic mountain area so I decided to stay over the night in Seattle.

Hyatt passport member, so we tried the Grand Hyatt, but couldn't get a room online, we called the hotel and asked for the manager on duty and begged. She was amazing and told me she had one room left, I said Ill take it. Knowing that I was going in at 10. And out north at 8:00AM.

Flew in and arrived at about 10:30 after my car rental escapade at the airport. Parked with valet and walked in to the counter. I was greeted cheerfully and asked if I had a reservation. I said yes and gave my name. To my right a Hyatt employee said welcome Mr Berman, I spoke with you this morning. I thanked her for making this night available for me.

The desk clerk asked how many keys, and the directed me to the elevators.

Well the room was on the top floor,I dragged my own bags, which is what I prefer to do. I walked to the door opened it and was floored, to find that my room was well more than the last room in the hotel. I was looking for a bed, and got instead, a formal dining room breakfast room 2 living rooms fireplace front and back door, an office two bathrooms, sitting room walk in closet and a bedroom. Views of Seattle from 2 sides of the building, and it is a beautifully decorated room.

So Kristen, and I do know your last name, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, and let you know that this is not what I was looking for, but surprised, he'll yes big time.

More importantly then the size of the room, was the service from your staff, from the valet to the front desk, to room service. It was a great quiet stay, and a great send off for my big drive to Forks Wa.

Room Tip: I don't know, but upper floor was quiet as a mouse
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AARDVARKKILLER
Write a ReviewReviews (3,246)

Reviewed 20 February 2014

First, the location can't be beat. There are all types of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Your also within easy walking distance to the convention center, Pike Place and more shopping and restaurants closer to the water. The staff has also been great. This nice and very helpful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Tyler H
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I enjoyed a very brief visit at this hotel. The location is very good and a quick trip from the airport. The check-in process was efficient and friendly. My room was very nice and had a great view of the Seattle skyline. The bed was comfy. There could have been a few more outlets in the room, but that is a small complaint. I had breakfast in the lounge and the food was fresh and nicely presented. Coffee was good as is to be expected in Seattle. I hope to visit again for a longer stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank tsmith06
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed here February 2014. All of the staff were very helpful and polite. We chose valet parking, and he was very helpful with all our luggage and showed us around the room and even got us some ice. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large. We went to the jacuzzi one evening before dinner, which was nice for our sore feet after walking all day. We ate at the Ruth Chris Steakhouse once and also went there just for drinks. Both times were excellent. It was convenient to have both a Starbucks and a convenience type store in the hotel. Very close to shopping.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

As a gold passport member I stay in many Hyatt hotels. This hotel is a category 4 for gold passport members but could be ranked higher. The staff was courteous and helpful. The room was comfortable with a large bathroom. It was located within walking distance to the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. The hotel is very close to public transportation. Ruth's Chris Steak House is attached to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

The service at the Hyatt is incredible and sets it apart from its high class peers. I had planned a Valentine's Day get away for my wife, our first after the birth of our son, so it had to go right. I chose this Sunday, and the first issue I ran into was getting flowers. Apparently no one delivers on Sunday. A quick call to Hyatt's Concierge and the fabulous Louise Smith took control. She made the order, arranged their delivery on Saturday and storage until Sunday. When we arrived there were beautiful red roses in the room. An hourlater the real kicker, Louise sent some champagne to help us celebrate the special event. Needless to say, our first night away from our son was a huge success and the Hyatt was A major part of why my wife loved it so much. A great hotel, incredible location and impeccable service. We'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Very nice hotel, reasonable rates for AAA members, upgrades, etc. Excellent service throughout the hotel. Walking distance to everything in downtown Seattle. An enjoyable weekend stay for the NW Flower & Garden Show.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Club Level if you can
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple