“Corner room upgrade = suite”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm glad that we opted to upgrade to a corner room: the view from the 17th floor was super and the room was arranged like a suite without that extra price. Great service, an absorbent bathrobe, good sun-blocking shades for a good night's sleep, separate temperature controls in the sleeping and living room areas. Worth the money. (Just would like a pool.)

Room Tip: Save money: Upgrade to a corner room, which is arranged like a suite.
1  Thank AnnaSophia06
Write a ReviewReviews (3,244)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I am at a conference here and the front desk would not let me check out at 1pm, instead they said 1230. I was hoping to run to my room and check out after lunch but instead I had to miss part of a session. I am not sure why they are so inflexible!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Located right at the center of the city, adjacent to the Washington State Convention Center, a few minutes walk from the water and with an abundance of shopping and eating options all around, it is an ideal hotel for the business traveler.
The rooms are large, clean and pretty well maintained, breakfast at the Grand Club is very good as are the afternoon snacks & drinks.
All in all, a very good choice for a Seattle downtown hotel.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Grand Hyatt is a comfortable hotel with friendly service and in a great location downtown. I especially appreciated the help printing out my boarding pass. Beware, though, of the many homeless people who will ask you for money once you're out on the street.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just back from Seattle after spending 9 nights at this hotel. Got there late in the evening after a long flight and was made welcome from the off-set. Staff were friendly and always had a smile for you. The room was was a corner suite on the 18th floor, great views. Large and spacious room. centrally located for shopping and within walking distance of all shops and Public Market. Thanks to Josh, Lilly and rest of front staff, choosing the Grand Hyatt to stay at, was well worth it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris747_400
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt many times and always thought it was magnificent. However my most recent stay was disappointing.

Never noticed before but hotel really seems to be aging. Understand that it is planning a reno so I agree it is time to update the furniture, colours and bathrooms. Still quite clean…just seems old.

Service this time was subpar. Didn't seem that busy but service matched decor and ambiance of hotel. Front desk seemed bored and really cold polite service. Everything was slow and really no one was really smiling or enjoying their job.

Concierge level was good. Good food and drinks but you still have to pay for alcoholic drinks.

1  Thank Worldtravelorplus
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Is had a last minute business trip that took me to Sea/tac then a drive up to the Olympic mountain area so I decided to stay over the night in Seattle.

Hyatt passport member, so we tried the Grand Hyatt, but couldn't get a room online, we called the hotel and asked for the manager on duty and begged. She was amazing and told me she had one room left, I said Ill take it. Knowing that I was going in at 10. And out north at 8:00AM.

Flew in and arrived at about 10:30 after my car rental escapade at the airport. Parked with valet and walked in to the counter. I was greeted cheerfully and asked if I had a reservation. I said yes and gave my name. To my right a Hyatt employee said welcome Mr Berman, I spoke with you this morning. I thanked her for making this night available for me.

The desk clerk asked how many keys, and the directed me to the elevators.

Well the room was on the top floor,I dragged my own bags, which is what I prefer to do. I walked to the door opened it and was floored, to find that my room was well more than the last room in the hotel. I was looking for a bed, and got instead, a formal dining room breakfast room 2 living rooms fireplace front and back door, an office two bathrooms, sitting room walk in closet and a bedroom. Views of Seattle from 2 sides of the building, and it is a beautifully decorated room.

So Kristen, and I do know your last name, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, and let you know that this is not what I was looking for, but surprised, he'll yes big time.

More importantly then the size of the room, was the service from your staff, from the valet to the front desk, to room service. It was a great quiet stay, and a great send off for my big drive to Forks Wa.

Room Tip: I don't know, but upper floor was quiet as a mouse
1  Thank AARDVARKKILLER