“great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Mesa, Arizona, United States
“great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This is a great location for business in the area. Stayed in an upgraded room, the $10. upgrade was $20 when the bill came. Not sure the view of the next door roof was worth $20. WIFI was spotty. Staff was great and professional, everything was done fast. If there is a big group in the hotel the eating area gets overwhelmed.But lots of great places in the area to eat so no problem.
Rooms are well kept and neat. everything was nearly new and in excellent condition. We took the train from the airport to the station less than a block away. subway was clean and safe, faster than a car in rush hr.

1 Thank Delbert B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was definitely my best experience with a large urban chain hotel. I loved the decor, with its tasteful earth tones and generous use of stone and other natural materials. The room was comfortable. Appreciated having the minifridge. The bathrooms are outstanding: very large, marble lined, huge shower, lovely separate bath. Every member of the staff was friendly and helpful. When I stood in the lobby looking slightly confused for a moment, a porter took notice and asked if I needed help. They all gave the impression that they actually liked their job. Good location also, and close to the train that goes to and from the airport for less than $3.00.

1 Thank ClairedeKalb
Marshfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Business trip which didn't allow much time for seeing the sights. Got up early in the morning and took a walk in the neighborhood down to the market. Very relaxing. Great Staff, comfortable accomodations and a decent restaurant in the lobby for breakfast (Ruth Christ Steak House). I would recommend.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed in a corner suite with a living room, bedroom and bathroom. The room was clean and orderly. The staff is friendly and helpful, especially the desk clerk, Matt, who help us get checked into the room we preferred and oriented to Seattle when we first arrived. We were impressed by the concierge, Louise, who helped us get the lowest priced car rental I've seen in years.

The hotel has a Starbucks, a convenience store and a sushi restaurant. Ruth Chris's Steakhouse is also there, although it is very expensive and really not a great value, an expense account chain restaurant if I ever saw one.

For all the space we had, the bedroom felt a bit crowded. The king-sized bed was a bit large for the space and crowded by end tables with sharp edges, dangerous if you roll over in your sleep.

The hotel is conveniently located a few steps from the convention center and a short walk from Seattle's excellent Blueacre Seafood Restaurant.

1 Thank Joseph P
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Wow - I just loved this hotel and room! I stayed in a room ending in -22, which was a lovely corner suite - seriously would be difficult to beat the stay I had! So, let's break it down:

The Room:
-STUNNING. Floor to ceiling windows with views of the city. Lovely bed, gorgeous bathroom with a really neat soaker tub with a waterfall faucet. The outer room was fantastic for working - very comfortable office chair and even a couch for relaxing.

What's really cool about this hotel is that while it seems new and renovated, if you look closely, it is what looks to be an amazing mix of new fixtures and original tile, etc. I love that if that is true, it is so much less wasteful, and yet still feels contemporary and well-kept.

The Front Desk/Phone Service:
Excellent - no complaints! Really great service from the front desk that was consistent and helpful. Great valets that were really 'on it'.

Maid Service:
Well, I only received service twice, and once was what I expected, but the second time was actually weird because I came in and while they had made the bed, the outer room looked like they hadn't touched it (messy papers on the table, backpack sitting out and messy..) - such a minor issue in the scheme of things, but worth mentioning..

Food:
Great! No complaints - had an *excellent* steak downstairs, but be prepared for your wallet to bleed - but filet mignon done properly and so beautiful,

The room was super-quiet too - I could work and sleep in peace. Really, one of my favourite stays in a hotel.

Location:
How can you beat this??? You can walk to the Monorail (to the Space Needle), Pike Place, shopping, great restaurants - you name it!

Those of you who are following my saga of picking a hotel chain to keep as my 'home hotels' know that this was the last chance for the Hyatt. So far, I've been an SPG member, and recently became a Hyatt preferred guest as well. That's enough info to at least compare these two chains for my home networks. I have to say that if all my Hyatt stays had been at the level of this one in Seattle, I would have chosen the Hyatt as my network hands-down. In fact, when I went into this experiment, I honestly went in expecting my decision to be the Hyatt after testing the Hyatt, Hilton and SPG. Unfortunately, 3 out of the 4 Hyatt hotels I stayed in (in major cities) were out of date, the service wasn't great, and it was disappointing. So, in the end? SPG wins hands down, although this hotel's service and class was enough to give me serious pause. Well done HGS!

Next up, for those following my hotel chain saga, the last chain to evaluate: the Hilton! So, the next reviews you will see from me will be from the Hilton chain!

Room Tip: suites are a great deal in this hotel. -22 suites are definitely worth it!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

First time staying at this Hyatt, and was not disappointed in the least.

Beautiful, grand lobby, lovely rooms, very helpful staff. Stunning bathrooms.

Location is perfect for wandering around downtown Seattle, close to Pike Place market and shopping.

We had only planned to stay one night, but ended up having to turn around halfway home due to a blizzard and a piece of luggage that was left in the room when we checked out earlier that day. We were able to book another night, and the staff was so kind and helpful in recovering our left luggage and getting us settled into a room for the second night.

Matt at the front desk was especially courteous.

Only a few very small complaints. The valet/bell staff offered to help with our bags, which wasn't necessary as we only had one carry-on size case each and a few shopping bags. But the two sets of doors into the lobby are not automatic, and there is no doorman and the bellman/valet didn't make any move to open them for us. So despite not needing any help carrying the bags in, we definitely could've used a hand with the doors. My husband and I went in separately, so twice we had to put all our bags down, open the big doors, move to the next door, put everything down, and open the next.

Also, which seemed really odd, in both the suites we stayed in, there was only one robe in the bathroom. It sounds silly, but I can't quite understand why there wouldn't automatically be two robes in a one-bedroom suite. We had to call down to housekeeping both times.

But all in all, we loved this hotel and wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Very much looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here with the family over the weekend. Fantastic location for Seattle city center. 10-15 down to the Public Market. Starbucks attached. Nordstrom's and shopping mall across the street. Rooms are a little dated but very clean and nice. The spa and gym are good. No pool. Kids loved the arcade across the street. Service friendly and helpful. We got a chance to leave the car parked all weekend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family