Grand Hyatt Seattle
  • Breakfast included
Motif Seattle(Seattle)
  • Room Service
3,341 results
All reviewsruth's chriscorner suiteemerald suiteregency clubsushi restaurantconvention centerblackout shadesspace needlesoaking tubseparate showerpike place markethuge bathroomclub roompine streetwestlake stationroom servicepacific place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We checked in about 10 in the evening after a grueling drive from Pullman through Spokane and were greeted by Cory in the porte cochere and Ryan at the front desk...by then we felt like we had come home; albeit never having been here before! Joshua got 15 minutes of local advice in during our three minute voyage to our connecting suites, all while skillfully porting and placing our luggage!

The advantageous placement of this mid city refuge was exploited by us on three cloudless days (we thought we were coming for the rain festival...NOT!). We walked effortlessly to and from Pike Place Market and even China Town. The valet parking made access to all other points an ease.

The rooms are elegantly appointed, down to the electric blackout blinds. Their complimentary 24 hour StayFit™ fitness center helped us stretch and soothe our tired muscles with the steam room (closes at 10) and well-outfitted work out salon; replete with ice cold rolled hand towels and headsets.

Scott at the concierge even provided us with a roll of packing tape to seal the boxes of goodies that we were able to find in the great selection of retail outlets surrounding the Grand Hyatt.

Thank you Roni MacAfee...we couldn't have done it without you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank westmauian
Reviewed 15 May 2014

A great location for a city hotel, within walking distance of the light rail, and monorail to space needle. The staff were very friendly and offered directions to everywhere we wanted to go. The room was a very good size and the bed was amazingly comfortable. Bathroom was enormous with a huge shower. Costly, but from my research, a reasonably priced hotel in Seattle.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lifes_a_mystery
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

My daughter and I took a vacation to Seattle, are we're pleased to get a reasonable rate (under $200/night) and equally pleased to have our room ready for us early. Unfortunately the TV wasn't working properly when we arrived, and even after calling to have it repaired, it wasn't fixed properly. The next morning we woke and open our blinds to find drug paraphernalia just 10 feet outside our window! The icing on the cake was that they placed a family with a baby in the rom next to us, and apparently the walls or the ductwork made it sound as if the crying child were in the room with us. Oh, also don't visit downtown Seattle on May Day...apparently there are protest held on that day, and the streets were lined with police wearing battle armor and riot gear. Simply put, our stay at "The Grand" Hyatt Seattle was anything but Grand, and quite disappointing.

Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My wife joined me for a business trip (conference in the hotel), so we mixed in a little sightseeing with our visit. Overall, this was truly a wonderful experience. I arrived for an earlier than normal check-in time. I was pleased to learn that, not only was a room available for me, they were also able to honor my request for a water view room.

The room was on the 24th floor and had a magnificent view of downtown and the bay. I never got tired of that view. The room was immaculate. The king bed was comfy, and the bathroom was very spacious and well laid out. There is even a switch near the bed to automatically let down the blackout drapes to block all sunlight from the window, which makes for a very nice sleeping environment.

One little detail I enjoyed was, when I asked for a wake-up call, they asked me if I'd like a follow up call 10 minutes after. A nice touch, I thought! The hotel is in a great location. It was easy walking distance to Pike Place Market and was only about two blocks from the monorail to the Seattle Center, home of the Space Needle. There is a lot to see and do downtown, and if you don't mind a little walk, you can get to the waterfront easily (it's a little hilly at times). Although it was rainy (of course), it didn't dampen our spirits. The room had an umbrella in it for us to use while we were there. Nice!

It may be on the pricey side, but it is well worth it. One thing: I took a taxi to and from the hotel so I didn't have to worry about a car. There's a parking garage nearby, and I'm sure it costs to either self-park or valet as parking is a premium downtown.

Room Tip: It cost a little more per night for the room ($9 a night, although not sure if that's a conference rate or normal pricing), but I highly recommend getting the water view room. Amazing view!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Great location and the view from our hotel suite was unbelievable.. We upgraded to the corner suite and Club Room on the 27th floor. One of our favorite Hyatt's. We have been here before and wanted to go back. Rachel in the Club Room is awesome, always a smile. We met her 3 years ago and were excited to see her again this time. The hotel is easily accessible to Pike's Market, Fisherman's Wharf and the Seattle Space Tower. Shopping on the way there is fun too. You are located near the subway so we could take the Link into the city and back to the airport. Only a 3 minute walk from the hotel.
We will be back again, hopefully soon.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a corner suite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple