“Worst service ever.”

Ranked #7 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Worst service ever.”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

So, my friend is getting married so me and the guys book 3 rooms months in advance at this hotel. We arrive just before 4 pm which is the checkin time. I take my luggage and give the key to the valet to park for the night.

When checking in only 1 of our 3 rooms were ready. So we piled into that one room while waiting for the other 2 rooms to be ready. We were a little pressed for time as we still needed to get some food and beverages before hitting the Mariners game. The other 2 rooms were ready by just before 5 pm.

The rooms were very beautiful and the bathrooms were as large as the bedroom area was so that was nice.

We go out drinking and enjoy our evening of giving our friend a good fairwell to being single.

I get back to the room around 1am to find a voice mail on the machine saying theyare having a hardtime "securing" my vehicle and to please come to the front desk. So I put some clothing back on and stumble down to the front desk where the car lot guy meets to take me to the car.

At the car he shows me that the car won't lock. I open the door to find non of the interior light to be working. I look around and see that when the valet parked the car he left the headlights on and drained the battery completely on my 2012 vw. The guard says he will get this looked after and it will be running by the time I leave.

So I go back up to finally passout. Come checking out time they deliver me my car running... upon receiving my car, I get in and notice there is a light flashing on the desk and my car says there is a problem with my steering column. I read the manual that says it should turn off after a few miles of driving as it comes on after a dead battery.

I tell the manager of the hotel about it as I'm driving home and he says they will have to do a claim for it to be fixed.

It's been 2 weeks and I just got my car back today after the shop needed to order a part in. The mechanic told me whoever jumped my car did something wrong and fried my steering column modulator. I now have to front a $1000 bill while the hotel figures their stuff out.

This was not a cheap hotel as it was over 350 a night per room. I would expect a motel to provide this level of service but not a 5* hotel. The only compensation I have received was my valet fee being covered and that's all. The staff did seam to care to much about the situation. This was a very disappointing experience which really makes me question ever staying at any of the other Hyatt hotels.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Josh R
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for your review. We apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. We always want to make our guests feel comfortable and welcome and aim to exceed your expectations. One of our Rooms Department managers should have or will be in touch with you, but please feel free to reach out to us by calling the hotel directly at 206-774-1234. Thank you for bringing this to our attention as we always appreciate any feedback that will help us grow and improve. We hope this will not deter you from choosing Hyatt Hotels and Resorts in the future, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Excellent hotel. The staff and rooms are top notch. Our view of the Space Needle was obstructed, but we didn't ask to have a view either so no problem. Great location. Close to Pike Place and the Space Needle, as well as the Westlake station commuter rail stop to the Airport. We did notice a lot of undesirable people along Pine Street in route to Pike Place, but it seemed to be confined to just that one street. Our walk to the Space Needle was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for view of Space Needle
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SeattleHyattHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Thank you for your comments. It's wonderful that you got to explore so many of the great things our city has to offer. We love that we are within walking distance of Pike Place Market, the Space Needle, and the Link Lightrail station. We hope to have you back with us during your next visit to Seattle.

Best Regards,
Park Ridge, Illinois, Usa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Its Hyatt . Great room . Very fast customer service.Very big advantage its location.Walk on distance to most down town attraction and Market where its possible to buy fresh fish / its not cheap but Alaska same day catch. 7 min taxi drive to CRUISE PORT. I will stronglly recommend this hotel before Alaska cruise. This hotel its about 25 min drive from airport. /no trrafic/

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I spent two nights at the Grand Hyatt. The location is good, in walking distance of everything downtown. It was also very handy for the Light Link from Sea-Tac. The soundproofing of the rooms isn't great, but this wasn't a big issue for me (but may be for some).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank treju
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

All great apart from the lobby which is pretty dated. I had two corner rooms with views of the Space Needle. Fantastic location for shopping. In room Facilities just wonderful. Bathroom/shower perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
San Bernardino,Ca.
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great experience. hotel was nice and clean, inside and out. Good location in downtown. Close to pike market. Lots of police present downtown. I guess because on my walk to open market,i passed up a lot of undesirable people alone the way. My overall experience in Seattle was nice.I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Room I had on south side had a of another tall building.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We love that our central downtown location allows our guests easy access to great shopping, entertainment, and food. We look forward to having you back with us on your next visit to Seattle.

Best Regards,
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Hotel service was excellent, however apparently paying with points gets you a room with a concrete view. Having been our first time in Seattle this was a bit disappointing.

I used my accumulated credit cards points to pay for the room. This got us nothing but a corner room on the 10th floor with a view of concrete outside. If not for that we may have thoroughly enjoyed our stay. When you know better you do better! Next time I would definitely just pay for the room or use additional points.

• Stayed July 2014