“High standard”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York
“High standard”
Reviewed 11 September 2009

I have stayed other Hyatt in US,but this hotel is far better than other Hyatt. I know there are several Hyatt categories. But even comparing among Grand Hyatt, this hotel is better than other Grand Hyatt. Especially bathroom. Very big with separate shower and tub. Location is excellent as leisure tourists, I guess even for business travellers. The only thing I was disappointed was no bar or restaurant in a hotel.The only place to satisfy that is Ruth Chris Steak House in a hotel which is a fancy restaurant.

1 Thank TravelProNewYork

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 10 September 2009

I forgot what a SPECTACULAR property this is.......and what excellent service everyone provides. This is truly an excellent property!!

Please see my blog at http://talesfromtheroad-mwalno.blogspot.com/

It began when I valet parked the car, the guy were all friendly and helpful. Next I moved to the registration desk and was helped by Katie. She was AWESOME, friendly, efficient and offered up some good local spots for dinner. Just what you want when you check in.

Next, I headed up to the Regency Club to get some water and I met Alex. Great young kid who went out of his way to make me feel comfortable and help with directions and traffic to the airport.

I had a note from Mark Stiebeling, the GM, and I called him to let him know how great the staff was and to thank him for the room I am in. He was friendly and I enjoyed our chat.

I then headed to the 4th floor gym. It is excellent, clean/modern look, enough space with cardio, weight machines, and free weights. I always like a bench press, but that was the only thing missing.

I also used Louise the concierge to book a reservation for dinner and she was very friendly and efficient. Excellent service!!

Only thing that was below expectation was the maid service on Friday....I left early in the morning and when I returned at 3 pm the room was just as I left it....no maid service. I called down and they came in and emptied the trash and delivered fresh towels.

The property was surprisingly busy on the weekend....the club level for breakfast had a busy crowd for breakfast and the gym was crowded every morning (someone said it was people on the cruises).

Overall an exceptional experience and a wonderful place to stay. The staff is exceptional and the location is awesome -- right next to the shopping and a 15 minute walk to the fish market. In fact, I don't even think you need a car if you are staying downtown -- everything is a short walk or cab away.

$169.15 a night, valet is $33 + 3.14 + 3.30 = $39.44 a night

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
Staffordshire, England
Reviewed 9 September 2009

Room and bathroom were excellent, bed comfortable and bathroom large and modern. Hotel generally was dark and dreary and staff were indifferent. Breakfast was grim. We stayed at Sheraton on our return visit and it was much better and $50 cheaper !

1 Thank Anthony-Phillips
Victoria
Reviewed 9 September 2009

We had a great deal on this hotel with Priceline of $85 a night. When we checked in to the hotel, the front staff reminded us of dealing with Priceline, which was not too classy, we thought. The location was great. Very close to the center of Seattle downtown. The famous bathroom was great, although the bed was not too comfortable. As others complained, the walls do not have good insulation, so you can hear guests next rooms and upstairs, which was okay since we expected it.

We stayed there for two nights.
What was disappointing was our room was not cleaned on the second day. We contacted the front desk as soon as we found out our room was not cleaned. The cleaning was not done promptly and the bathroom was not entirely cleaned. Hair was not cleaned from the shower and the bathroom amenities were not additinally provided from the night before. We got two messages saying our "NO DISTURB" light was ON in our room. We know for sure we did not turn in on. We did not like the lame excuse at all.

In the morning, we were going to try to make some coffee in the room to check the taste of the coffee. Then we realized there was no carraffe in the coffe machine. How do they expect us to make coffee??

Perhaps we got a room through Priceline. We were not treated right.
But it is hard to believe this is Hyatt. We would never pay their asking price for this hotel. Over all, the hotel was okay, as long as we get a good deal.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I attended a convention at the Convention Center and stayed at the Hyatt. It is a very nice hotel; walking distance to everywhere. The room was smaller than I'd expected and the furnishings were a little dated. The staff were very nice; service was very crisp and friendly. But there were two annoyances: (a) the plumbing was such that you could hear people flushing their toilet and showering, and (b) the only restaurant in the hotel is a Ruth's Chris', which was nice but rather pricey for a quick breakfast. There is also a Starbucks but your breakfast choices there are rather limited and it was always packed. But as hotels go this was a solid 4 stars in my book. And the Red Sox were staying there so I got to ride up the elevator with Jason Bay and Dice K -- they look so young!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Marfak
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 1 September 2009

Stayed the weekend before an Alaskin Cruise to see the sights of Seattle. Arrived on a Friday via the Greyline Downtowner Bus. What a deal! Easy to find in the airport, only $11 a person and drop you off right in front of the Hotel! This was one of my points of considerations in choosing this hotel and it worked out great!

Hotel was very clean, Staff was attentive and nice. At first entering the lobby, it has a very calm and modern feel with a coolness to it. Our room was on the east side on the 21st floor. Large jetted bathtub for the Mrs! The bathroom was large with lots of style and function. The bed was comfortable and overall a great room! the view was great of the east side of town even though it was not a western view.

Easy walk to Pikes Market and the tram to the sky needle. Only a $18 taxi ride to the pier 66. Lots of places to eat dinner, grab a drink and relax. Vons on Pine, just across the street is a great place to have lunch or dinner outside and sample their beer. Breakfast stumped us, but we figured we could walk to Pikes market easy enough to be there to enjoy the food there. Do not go to the Olive 8 breakfast - mediocre at best and $$$!

Did not make it to the hot tub or workout room - but heard from others it was great!

Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shon Q
Garrison, NY
Reviewed 31 August 2009

We would definitely agree with all of the previous reviews - the Grand Hyatt is a wonderful place to stay in Seattle. From check-in to check-out we were completely pleased. Before our cruise we had a corner suite, which was spacious and spotless. Yes, the bathroom was huge! The bedroom is separated from the hallway by the sitting room, so it is very quiet. When we returned to Seattle after our cruise we had again reserved a corner suite. We arrived at the hotel very early (about 9:45AM), and there were no corner suites ready, which we had expected. However, Ryan at the front desk was determined to put us in a room right away, and he offered us a corner king at a much lower rate than the suite. This room was almost identical to the suite, except that the entranceway was a little smaller, and it was just as impressive! (For both of our stays we got very low rates with our AAA card.)

Everyone we came in contact with was extremely professional and friendly. Special kudos go to Amanda and Ryan at the front desk, and Louise, the concierge, who was able to get us a table at the Sky City restaurant at the Space Needle after we had been told on the phone that there were no tables available!

We will definitely stay at the Grand Hyatt again if we ever return to Seattle.

1 Thank Bandlady