“Wonderful Evening Escape” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle
“Wonderful Evening Escape”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for one night, so we could attend a play at the 5th Avenue and get some Christmas shopping done. It was a short walk and close to all the shops, including Pacific Place. We ended up with a corner room with a gorgeous view. Service was excellent and clearly this hotel was worthy of out-of-town visitors, since the Carolina Panthers stayed there before their match-up against the Seahawks.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (500)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

This is a very nice facility for a conference. We were given a corner suite which was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the view was good. WiFi cost was $10.00 per day. There is no pool or workout room so we had to go to their other hotel a block away. Since I often have a child with me this would be a problem. The bathroom is very stylish but the lighting at the sink is dim. The room was very quiet as far as street noise but hallway noise was sometimes a problem. No gift shop to purchase any necessities or snacks (again a problem when travelling with a child). I had to go to the IGA 5 blocks away to buy snacks and a salad. When I took out some cans in the minibar to put the small salad in, the sensors showed I had taken the mini bar items, even though they were put back in. My company got the bill and paid it then asked me about the minibar charges. I did get it straightened out but it was annoying to have to hassle with it. I also used the Elaia Spa at the Olive 8 Hyatt and charged it to my room. Yikes...the room charge was 42.00 higher than the charge slip I had...so I had to get that taken care of. It was however, the best massage I have ever had and probably the worst manicure I've ever had. Because I am in Seattle 4 or more times a year I have stayed at many of the downtown upscale hotels. I had stayed at The Grand Hyatt one other time. For the money there are better places in my opinion...especially if you have a child. I will return to one of the others next time.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2010

This is a belated post but anyways, I stayed here over the summer for about 5 days on business. This is a beautiful hotel with great views of the city and the water. Spacious modern room with updated bathroom, really swank. The only downside is that it is a bit pricey...the Olive which is also a Hyatt hotel is a little less expensive from what I remember but just as nice. Also, the location is good but not excellent.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Kirkland, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2010

Steve Peterson, was in charge of the valet area on the 3rd and 4th of Dec., he was just great! Directing traffic, employees, guests, luggage, would have made a mear mortal crazy. He did it with humor, style and boundless energy. Hotel manager, listen up, you have a gem on your hands! The hotel is nice, it will need a touch up in the near future, some things show a bit of wear....but our group remarked that the service they recieved was really extra special.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

Lovely amenities, comfortable and large rooms, terrific public space - and very often on Priceline. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank NRoePDX
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2010

I hadn't considered staying here at first because it was out of our price range for this trip, and AAA discounts for hotels usually aren't that great. However, the AAA rate was an amazing discount (don't know if it always would be). I've stayed at other hotels in Seattle, and for the money this hotel is the best value. Another tip: ask for a "quiet room" when you reserve. I didn't know exactly what this was when I requested it online, but it turned out that these rooms are typically on the higher floors (ours was on the 20th) away from ice machines, elevators, and other "noisemakers". Our room was very quiet! Another feature that I think is underrated on their website is the bathrooms. We stayed in the standard king room, and the bathroom was wonderful. Typically you have to book a higher grade room to get a 4-piece bath. They have Kohler fixtures, marble tile, and adjustable lighting. Everything you want for a relaxing bath. The view from our room was spectacular, especially at 7 this morning as the snow came down over the city. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was beautiful.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2010

We stayed at this property on Nov 11th and Nov 13th....It was our fisrt trip to Seattle and We LOVED IT...The hotel is beautiful!! As soon as we checked in we were upgraded to a corner suite~~~ The view was FANTASTIC......What I want to say is that FRONT DESK AGENT was very polite and attentive...... The hotel is very well located ..right on Downtown.....the restaurant "Ruth's Chris Steak house" serves very good food and great HAPPY HOUR food and drinks!! If you are planning a trip to Seattle this is the hotel you should stay at!!

Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple