“A lovely relaxing start to our honeymoon”

Grand Hyatt Seattle
Ranked #6 of 101 Hotels in Seattle
GreenLeadersBronze level
wexford
“A lovely relaxing start to our honeymoon”
Reviewed 28 January 2011

We stayed here for two nights at the beginning of our honeymoon. Loved our room, the bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Our bathroom was also amazing, huge bath and separate shower, spotlessly clean too. The staff were very professional and helpful also. Seattle is gorgeous, was sad to leave the hotel and the city!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
San Mateo
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I stayed two nights in the Grand Hyatt Seattle in January, 2011 in an Emerald Suite. My room was on a corner on the 30th (top) floor. The views were great out onto Elliott Bay and at the Space Needle. The room was more than spacious. The bath had a separate shower. I thought the rate was reasonable for the size and quality of the room. I heard no noise from the hall or from adjacent rooms.

Things less than perfect included the lighting which was relatively dim. There was no good reading lamp by a chair or sofa. The HVAC was drafty and cool. I finally got it to an acceptable warmth by setting the two thermostats to 75 degrees. Wi-Fi internet access cost $10 per night. It should have been free.

The hotel is two blocks from the Westlake station on the light rail line. I was able to use light rail to get to the airport at a cost of $2.50. Trains run at least every 15 minutes and the travel time from Westlake to SeaTac was 38 minutes. The Westlake station is part of the bus tunnel system and I used buses to get around downtown for free.

The hotel has three eating options: 1) Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, 2) Starbucks and 3) a so-called deli with an assortment of cafeteria-style foods. I found the deli unappealing. I had a decent sandwich at Starbucks. I had two excellent and reasonably price breakfasts at Ruth's plus a light early dinner there. I was pleased with Ruth's on all counts.

Downtown Seattle has a lot of interesting things to see and do, including an abundance of restaurants. I visited the impressive Central Library and the Art Museum. A disappointment was the Sculpture Garden north of downtown which had very few sculptures.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
hyattseattlegm, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, 26 January 2011
Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. It is pleasing to hear that you had such an enjoyable time while in Seattle. I do agree that the views from our hotel are amazing!

It’s unfortunate to hear of your issues with how dim the lighting is. We are aware that the lighting in the rooms could be improved upon and are working on finding new options.

The dining options are great and Ruth’s Chris truly is an amazing restaurant. Next time you are staying with us you need to check out our In-Room Dining as well, it is fantastic.
Being centrally located is definitely a plus and we are glad that you liked being so close to everything in the city, especially with the addition of the light rail.

Again, thank you and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Steve Vissotzky, General Manager
Fullerton, California
Reviewed 6 January 2011

After some debate of where to stay in Seattle, we decided to stay at the Grand Hyatt. I'm so happy we picked this hotel! From the moment we arrived, we were greeted by the staff at the front door and were offered assistance with our bags. The lobby is cozy. They even had complimentary hot apple cider for the holidays! Check-in was a breeze and the staff was so helpful. They even were able to get us upgraded to a corner suite with an amazing view of the Space Needle and Puget Sound. The rooms were somewhat spacious and the bathrooms were great! Beds were very comfy. We had a little problem with the hot water in the shower but a call down to the front desk and 20 minutes later maintenance was right there to fix the problem.

The hotel itself is in the center of where you want to be in Seattle. It's in the heart of the shopping district so there are plenty of entertainment and dining options within walking distance. Even walking down to the Pike market isn't too far.

The staff is amazing and helped with every little detail of our stay. I walked over the Hyatt on Olive and it's nice but definitely not to the level of the Grand Hyatt.

This hotel lives up to it's name!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
hyattseattlegm, General Manager at Grand Hyatt Seattle, responded to this review, 12 January 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the experience you had at the Grand Hyatt Seattle. We are thoroughly pleased that you enjoyed every level of your stay. Our staff really loves what they do and it shows with the superb service provided.

The corner suites with the view of the Space Needle are amazing and it’s great that you able to get upgraded! I’m sorry to hear of the small problem with the hot water, but am glad that it was fixed promptly and didn’t put a damper on your stay.

We hope that when you chose us again when returning to Seattle. Until then, thank you for your important business and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Steve Vissotzky, General Manager
Pickering, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2010

World class, clean, great location, modern design, almost next to the convention center.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Seattle
Reviewed 29 December 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for our anniversary. What a great view and location! We could see the Space Needle and the Pike Place Market. The service was wonderful. We had a suite, so comfortable.
The only problem was..there's a steak house in the lobby, and the common areas smelled like cooking and meat. I'm a vegetarian so maybe I'm more sensitive than most but I didn't like that..

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed 22 December 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Grand Hyatt for one night, so we could attend a play at the 5th Avenue and get some Christmas shopping done. It was a short walk and close to all the shops, including Pacific Place. We ended up with a corner room with a gorgeous view. Service was excellent and clearly this hotel was worthy of out-of-town visitors, since the Carolina Panthers stayed there before their match-up against the Seahawks.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 5 December 2010

This is a very nice facility for a conference. We were given a corner suite which was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the view was good. WiFi cost was $10.00 per day. There is no pool or workout room so we had to go to their other hotel a block away. Since I often have a child with me this would be a problem. The bathroom is very stylish but the lighting at the sink is dim. The room was very quiet as far as street noise but hallway noise was sometimes a problem. No gift shop to purchase any necessities or snacks (again a problem when travelling with a child). I had to go to the IGA 5 blocks away to buy snacks and a salad. When I took out some cans in the minibar to put the small salad in, the sensors showed I had taken the mini bar items, even though they were put back in. My company got the bill and paid it then asked me about the minibar charges. I did get it straightened out but it was annoying to have to hassle with it. I also used the Elaia Spa at the Olive 8 Hyatt and charged it to my room. Yikes...the room charge was 42.00 higher than the charge slip I had...so I had to get that taken care of. It was however, the best massage I have ever had and probably the worst manicure I've ever had. Because I am in Seattle 4 or more times a year I have stayed at many of the downtown upscale hotels. I had stayed at The Grand Hyatt one other time. For the money there are better places in my opinion...especially if you have a child. I will return to one of the others next time.

Stayed December 2010, travelled on business