“Outstanding service, great stay”

Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Durham, North Carolina
“Outstanding service, great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

I was staying only 1 night for an interview at Fred Hutchinson next door, and I was blown away by the quality of service by the staff. I had to store my bags downstairs several times since I arrived early the first day and left late the next. By the afternoon on day 1 the desk clerk knew my name, wished me luck on the interview, and made sure everyone else on duty knew to take care of my bags for me. Rooms were clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was plentiful. The location is great, a quick walk to a free sailboat tour of Lake Union (Center for Wooden Boats) and steps to the light rail to downtown. Great choice!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the lake to watch sailboats and sea planes
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

For an older hotel, they have done a good job maintaining it. Great buffet and a nice accommodation overall. Unfortunately, my daughter had bites on her body which scared me... I thought it was bed bugs but I believe the room turn around in this hotel is pretty good. So after seeing multiple dogs in the hotel during my stay, I surmised it must be fleas. Would I stay again, probably since it may be an isolated incident. Do I recommend the hotel despite this little bug encounter... yes. But hopefully management will read this and take action before it becomes a problem.

Room Tip: Hotel parking is spendy, try metered street parking first.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

We enjoyed a week-long stay at this Residence Inn during a recent trip to visit family in the area. This hotel was perfect for us - excellent location to downtown Seattle, huge room that allowed our family to spread out and have the personal space necessary for a week away from home :c) We booked a 2 bed/2 bath and were lucky enough to get a room that had a huge balcony that overlooked Lake Union. It was beautiful! The rooms and common areas were all clean and upscale. The staff at the front desk was not the most helpful at times, I'm afraid, and the free breakfast in the mornings left a ton to be desired. But overall, if we did this trip again, we would definitely stay at this Residence Inn.

4 Thank sjst1000
Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

This is my second stay at the Residence Inn/Lake Union and I wanted to see if it could possibly top the last visit...it did! This is a great hotel to stay and still be within the city confines, but an easy escape out of the city too. The streetcar stop is right across the street, and there are restaurants all within walking distance. It is great for families as the accommodations are outstanding and the breakfast buffet was fantastic. All of the staff are also outstanding and very attentive and friendly. I won't stay anywhere else in Seattle now!

2 Thank buffettbabe
Olympia, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed at this location for New Years. It is in walking distance to the Space Needle and also close to the streetcar which brings you to downtown Seattle. Not too far to walk either.

Great suites, kitchen, extra living room and bedroom. Fridge, stove, microwave, coffeemaker.

Breakfast is to die for. Lots of options to choose from. Just don't wait till the last minute to get there.

Hot tub and heated swimming pool. Minus: Too many kids were hogging it, even at 11PM on New Years eve. It was a bit much and lots of kids in there, did not see the parents...

We felt welcome there, nice lay-out of hotel. No bar for a late drink. You have to go across the street.

Parking - an issue. We were waiting in line to pull in. Then, at check-in, we were presented wit a hefty $23 parking bill. which totaled somewhere in the $28 area with all the taxes. No comps for handicapped parking. There were only three small spaces in the front. Something you might want to consider before you book.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2012

My husband, two young children and I stayed here in december 2011. Upon arrival we were very nicely greeted even though it was around 11pm at night. We stayed in a one bedroom room which was the size of an apartment! The bedroom had a huge king bed with the softest mattress cover and a large flat screen tv. The living room was also very large and had a pull out sofa and chair with another large (I think about 42') flat screen tv, a balcony with a view of the lake and a nice size kitchen with a full size refigerator and a dishwasher. Breakfast was served every morning and there was a huge selection. Now granted, it's not the ritz and it was very carb-heavy as some people had mentioned but it is, afterall, free. On some evenings there was even a managers reception with again a free dinner. Coffee and hot chocolate are available complimentary 24hours which the kids and I sure appreciated. We really enjoyed the pool on the third floor complete with a hot tub, sauna, gym, laundry room and nice large windows to look out of. There is also a baby/small child pool that is 3 feet deep that my kids enjoyed. Laundry facilities are on the same floor so we threw out clothes in the washer and when we got out of the pool put it in the dryer. Staff is extremely friendly including PJ, Erin, Jospeh and a woman who was 9 months pregnant (but I forgot her name). I know I'm not including everyone but they were all wonderful. The people who were working at the breakfast buffet didn't stop and there was NO texting whatsoever which, as a traveler, is a nice relief since we often see that. Another thing we loved-the parking garage is self service, you just use your room key to get in and out so there is no nonsense with valet parking and constant tipping which is very annoying. Streetcar station is right in front of the hotel and the city is only a couple of stops away. Seattle is a very small city so it's very walkable.
We travel alot and this is the first time I've ever given a hotel 5 stars. It is more of a self service hotel but we like that.

When in Seattle, you can't miss Pike Place Market. We had great meals at The Athenian and Delaurenti which has awesome sandwiches. Down the street is Beeches cheese with the best mac and cheese. The children's museum was alot of fun as well.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor away from the elevators
2 Thank NewYorkTarmale
Kalispell, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2011

First...easy on and off the I-5. Second...secure, covered parking (expensive - worth it). Have you noticed that the more "exclusive" i.e. expensive a hotel / motel is the fewer amenities it provides. Not the Residence Inn...they provide morning and evening meals and a free high-speed internet. The staff are gracious and friendly. Comfortable suites, large screen TV's, full kitchens and a very good hot breakfast. The rooms are clean - even to my spouse's expectations (very high!) Mondays thru Wednesdays they serve a light dinner (good if you are on limited $$). The location is right next to the S.L.U.T. (South Lake Union Trolley)...yeah, they know about the acronym and changed their name by adding an extra letter...still good for a laugh! Riding the S.L.U.T. takes you into the center of Seattle for a reasonable price. You can reach the business and entertainment areas by trolley, bus, taxi or walking within minutes from this location. Unless you are a snob with the black American Express card (Centurion Card) there is no reason to stay anywhere else while visiting downtown Seattle.

1 Thank Papa_Llebre