“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”

Ranked #61 of 100 Hotels in Seattle
Emmett, Idaho
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We always enjoying staying here even though our Seattle trips are not for enjoyment but medical. Staff is attentive & I have to give credit to our housekeeper
who did a great job even with her fear of dogs (we have two large dogs 70 & 100 lbs that go everywhere with us). Mary at the front desk is great and even managed a kiss out of Monna (which is rare from her);~) Kathy is always helpful to me when when I for reservations and goes the extra mile to make sure all of our needs will be met before we get there. We go every 3 to 6 months and will not stay anywhere else. We are able to relax here after a long day of either traveling to Seattle or sitting at the clinic. If we have our grandchildren with us we can take them swimming to unwind. There are laundry facilities, weight room, pool, hot tub, and a sauna.

Room Tip: I have always had trouble with "city noise" in Seattle. However, since we started staying...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We stayed three nights in a 2 bedroom suite (2 bathrooms and a kitchenette). It's in a good location and there's an inexpensive streetcar nearby that you can take into the heart of downtown (I chose to leave the car at the hotel...parking there is $23/day so if you then also park downtown you've spent a heap on parking).

The room price includes a good breakfast in the lobby dining area (it closes at 9:30am during the week and i caution against arriving much after 9 because the hotel staff will not put out more of the main course stuff once it runs out - as it seems to around 9:10 or so). I think most evenings there's a light dinner - salad and baked baked potato bar that is also free and not advertised.

There's a pool, hot tub, gym. Wifi in our room was free too but very slow.

Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Delta, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2012

stayed 3 nights at this hotel, great property, had asked for early check-in room was not ready when we arrived 4 adults and 2 kids, after waiting about 1/2 hour the gal at the front deck upgraded us to a deluxe suite on the 6th floor great 2 bed room with large living room and a full kitchen. but the best was the view from the wrap-around balcony, Lake Union, The Space Needle, The Trolley was right outside our door. A great breakfast every morning, and a light dinner at night. Staff was great, room was clean and well maintained. Kids loved the pool.The only down side is The Marriott gives you a great room at a great price, and the City and State tax you to death.Would I stay there again..In a heart beat ..that balcony would be great in the summer.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Rooms for five adults aren't the norm, but the Residence Inn had accommodation that suited us perfectly. The bedrooms and washrooms were a good size, the small sitting room and dining area meant we didn't need to stay in our bedrooms, and we made good use of the kitchen. Beds were comfortable, and I liked that we could choose the type of pillows we wanted at the time of booking. Breakfast was tasty with plenty of choice, but the dining area can be crowded at times. Staff at Reception were friendly and helpful, giving us good advice about where to go for a quick meal near the hotel. One of my friends liked the hotel so much she's booked it for a stay later this year; I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank TravellerPlus
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I regularly join my wife on business trips up to Seattle for a change of scenery and to check in on clients I also have in the area. We stay at the Residence Lake Union exclusively for good reason. It is our dog Jo's favorite hotel. Really. He loves to travel and the staff now know him as a frequent guest. The best part is the pet charge is only $10. But seriously, this property feels like a getaway in the heart of one of the world's great cities. Easy to find, comfortable and clean, the Lake Union is a welcoming place that puts Seattle at your fingertips.

Don't confuse this Marriott on Lake Union, with the Courtyard Marriott on Lake Union. We have stayed at the Courtyard and it is not the same caliber. We actually pass right by it with the dog on our morning runs around the lake. It looks tired compared to the Residence. The trolley also run right outside the door at the Residence, for the quick trip downtown without having to hassle with parking. There is great food steps from the hotel, some right on the lake. Serafina and Pasta Freska are both close and four-star Italian restaurants. The hotel has their breakfast bar and evening snack and wine tastings which are better than average, but for a great breakfast head up Eastlake to Louisa's Bakery and Cafe.

The corner rooms have bigger decks with great views of the lake and north skyline. The kitchens make it easy to eat in. We make a stop at Whole Foods or PCC Market over in Ballard and stock up on finger foods to go with a glass of NW wine or beer out on the deck. We even invite local friends over and entertain because It is all too easy, like having your on house on the lake...

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
7 Thank jay r
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed here for a week last Feb. 2011, on business, loved it! Very comfortable and beautiful; the rooms seemed to have been recently renovated with tons of space. Bed was extremely comfortable, I looked forward to it each night. If I didn't feel like being in my room, the lobby area was grand with many areas to hang out and get some work done, or relax to the sound of the large fountain in the center.
I also enjoyed its location; there were great restaurants right across the street, it had a beautiful view of Lake Union, and even though this hotel is in the city... It's just on the outskirts of downtown enough that you do not feel crammed or have an issue with getting in and out. The first day I was there, I literally walked right out of the hotel and walked the entire city easily... Right down to Pike Place Market in no time!
Another interesting thing you could take part in when i was there, was "renting a roommate". For somewhere around $5 you can choose a Beta Fish to live in your room during your stay... The money goes to the local children's hospital, wonderful concept. And you do not have to lift a finger... They bring it in the room and take it away at the end of your stay; also the housekeeper feeds it each day.
When I return to Seattle, I will not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: One bedrooms are great because your work space and sleeping space are separated
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank RckStr511
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed at this Residence Inn for an overnight stay and wished I could have stayed longer. I asked for a feather free room and they accommodated my request and acknowledged it upon check in. The bed was so comfortable that I didn't want to wake up and get going. I had a suite on the 3rd floor with a view of the Space Needle and Lake Union, the only drawback was that the street noise was loud. Maybe the rooms on the other side of the hotel are quieter but maybe not because they are so close to I-5. The parking garage is also hard to navigate and the spaces are super narrow. I would stay here again, nice hotel.

• Stayed February 2012