“Nice hotel”

Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union
Ranked #62 of 102 Hotels in Seattle
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed here this past week for a conference, which was also held at the hotel. The staff was fantastic, the entire front desk was knowledgeable and attentive. They provided me with some toiletries at no charge that the TSA had liberated from my bag during my travels. The staff addressed me by name (which really impressed me due to my limited dealings with them). My only minor issues were the location of the thermostat in the room and the bed. My bed felt good on the right side but apparently the left side is heavily used because there was a serious indentation that made me feel as though I was sleeping in a hole. Other than that the hotel was very nice and had an excellent location. They even held my bag when I went exploring while waiting to check in. The staff makes the difference here!!!

Room Tip: try to get a room facing lake union as the other rooms only have views of the streets surrounding th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Neilio80
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Seattle Downtown/Lake Union

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Need a suite? This is great! Nice decoration & courteous staff. Also across from a very good seafood bar & restaurant. Very good breakfast included.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carolsailor
Reviewed 4 May 2012

This is an excellent location for quiet time and it's pretty romantic too! We spent our wedding anniversary at this property and it is clean and well kept, with very courteous staff!! There is a boat marina across the street with great restaurants and the streetcar to go downtown stops a block away from the hotel...extremely convenient!!! All the rooms are suites with balconies and we were grateful to be placed in a suite which had a view of the harbor...as I said previously, ROMANTIC! Full kitchen with utensils and other amenities. The only lament we had was the breakfast buffet and the evening reception were not very appealing. Free of charge and they should be!! Salad and water (evening reception) and breakfast was basics only. Would like to have had samples of some of the local foods, as the famous market is nearby! I recommend the hotel get "on demand movies" too! Overall, it was a great stay!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RaeP617
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We just returned from a three day trip to Seattle from Portland. Four of us planned to view the Gaugain exhibit at the Seattle Art Museum and then do some shopping and see a few sights. The Residence Inn allowed us to be together in one suite with two bedrooms and two baths. A perfect arrangement for old friends. We even took advantage of the hospitality one night which included barbecued hamburgers, veggie burgers and chicken burgers. Beverages even included wine and beer and soft drinks. The hot breakfast gave us a good variety of choices. The beds were very comfy and the staff helpful. We travelled by train to Seattle, took a cab to the Residence Inn and were able to ride the streetcar and walk to the shopping area and the art museum.

Room Tip: Traffic on the street can be an issue. Ask for a room at the back of the complex. It is "V&qu...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank acnona
Reviewed 16 April 2012

We chose to try a suite here recently. Check in was painless. We went to our room and found someone hosting a major party next door to our room. We called in and quickly got another room at the other end of the hotel while they sorted that out. Our room was big enough for our party of one pre schooler and 2 adults. The suite allowed us some separation at night so we didn't disrupt our little ones sleep while we watched a movie. This is a 3 star property, as such, it is a bit dated. The TV options are very 1990's, no first run movies unless you somehow find one that appears on the somewhat basic cable they offer. This may not matter to most people, as there is lots to do in Seattle. The breakfast offered from 7 to 10 am was very good. It was as healthy or indulgent as you require, plenty of seating, well stocked and serviced. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The room was clean and more up to date than the common areas.
The location was close enough to downtown without some of the noise that you get if closer to the core of the city.
There is a street car line very close by to get you downtown in a very short time, terminates at west lake center area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing lake union.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank lucasthree
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed here with my family over Spring Break in a 2-bedroom suite. Great location, right on the Street Car Line with easy access to downtown and Space Needle. Staff was very pleasant, and hotel was clean and beds were comfy. Breakfast was ok - free and ample, but not the tastiest. Worst thing about the hotel (and it's not really that bad) was the coffee.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank tla852
Reviewed 15 April 2012

Stayed 7 nights here and haven’t been in Seattle for some time. The hotel was Marriott quality. Although it was an older hotel it was updated in 2008 and is still in great condition. 7 Floors in a “V” shape with a large lobby area. You can catch the electric Zipcar/cable right out front of the hotel and located about 5 minutes (15 minute) walk is the pacific seattle center (space needle). I was not able to get a room upgrade they told me due to the length of my stay. Weather is warming up and had a couple of jogs outside along the waterfront. Back to the hotel. No Complaints and would stay here again. Goes without saying… Video on my Youtube Channel. Thanks for reading.

Pros
- Great Breakfast
, Location, One ay Dry Cleaners
- Great Staff including the housekeepers!
- Monday thru Wednesday is evening Social snack meals

Cons:

- Really the only one was the fact the front desk clerk forgot to give me a parking permit for the garage. Correct next day.

Marriott Gold Rewards Member
RetiredArmyRANGER

Room Tip: Always ask for room upgrades, you never know. :)
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business